Like Tree1Likes

Barracuda from Alex racing

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2003, 05:34 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: Re: R2 arrived HK!!!

Originally posted by fai
HaHa... They should be no more better than you Pal/Cuda... Yours are the best already!!!
Thanks Fai

I will also be testing out my New Kai (K Model) Chassis today also... I will see how much a difference the 4mm difference make with moving the batterys towards center for the chassis
I will have a report for you guys in about 8 hours
-Dave
Old 01-17-2003, 06:51 PM
Tech Champion

Talking You have a PM

Originally posted by fReShJiVe
anyone tried the " Jet Racing" steering knuckles,rear upright , c-hub and servo saver arms??any feedback?
Check your mail\pm
-Dave
Old 01-17-2003, 07:20 PM
TFR
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I have more question about the car...

for Dave and Fai, I was wondering why the PAL Barracuda has the chassis layout for the battery to be place on the opposite side of the normal barracuda?

Also, about the new R2. Is there new design changes from the R1 or is just like the first R1 but added all the hopups?
or like any BIG difference compare the two car...

Old 01-17-2003, 09:05 PM
Tech Regular

Default Re: You have a PM

Originally posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
Check your mail\pm
-Dave
Just placed an order about an hour for the C hub/servo saver arms/rear upright....should get it soon as i took EMS as shipping option....and they already billed my credit card for it hopefully to get it by Tuesday.....
Old 01-17-2003, 09:16 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by TFR
I have more question about the car...

for Dave and Fai, I was wondering why the PAL Barracuda has the chassis layout for the battery to be place on the opposite side of the normal barracuda?

Also, about the new R2. Is there new design changes from the R1 or is just like the first R1 but added all the hopups?
or like any BIG difference compare the two car...

The R2 is night and day different from the Original `Cuda` bud to the fact that it has very good weight balance with the ne chassis layout and the R2 comes with most of the "BEEFY" Sh!t that the 1st Barracuda had problems with

I bought a 2 speed chassis set up to build my 3rd barracuda last week so I think that my Pro3 might have to go ... Don't know just yet but I love the way my Barracuda's handle
... Also ALex's quality is awesom
-Dave
Old 01-17-2003, 09:20 PM
Tech Champion

Default Re: Re: You have a PM

Just placed an order about an hour for the C hub/servo saver arms/rear upright....should get it soon as i took EMS as shipping option....and they already billed my credit card for it hopefully to get it by Tuesday.....
WOW they took your card # and placed an order Quick

they took forever to charge my card
Hope you like your stuff when you get it
-Dave
Old 01-17-2003, 10:23 PM
TFR
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

The R2 is night and day different from the Original `Cuda` bud to the fact that it has very good weight balance with the ne chassis layout and the R2 comes with most of the "BEEFY" Sh!t that the 1st Barracuda had problems with

I bought a 2 speed chassis set up to build my 3rd barracuda last week so I think that my Pro3 might have to go ... Don't know just yet but I love the way my Barracuda's handle
-Dave
You're building a third "Cuda" ? COOL, I will get the R2 very soon...!!~
Old 01-17-2003, 10:27 PM
Tech Regular

Default Re: Re: Re: You have a PM

WOW they took your card # and placed an order Quick

they took forever to charge my card
Hope you like your stuff when you get it
-Dave
yah i know it's very fast...in fact i just received my tracking number...that's what i call very efficient online store
Old 01-17-2003, 10:40 PM
Tech Regular

-Dave
Apart from chassis layout i.e battery placement/servo and also there seems to be 2 extra battery-like slots which could be of use for weight savings but as we are putting weights on the servo side wouldnt it be more of a bother to put more weight to offset the carbon fiber they took away even it's just a tiny little weight ...there's not much difference between the older one and R2 with the R2 has graphite lower arms(hardened) and threaded shocks only right??the rest still share the same parts apart from the shaft holder which is of different design and dual ball bearing compare to the old one...we'll see whether this will solved the old problem needing to change to aluminium one and i'm not sure if this make sense but with a dual bearing wouldnt it have more drag/resistance than the single bearing??
would love to hear the performance of the new chassis for consideration if it's a worthwhile upgrade(17800yen).....currently i'm pretty much satisfied with the way the Cuda is performing
Old 01-18-2003, 12:53 AM
Tech Champion

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: You have a PM

yah i know it's very fast...in fact i just received my tracking number...that's what i call very efficient online store
Yea tell me about it...
-Dave
Old 01-18-2003, 06:26 PM
Tech Regular

regarding protecting the drivetrain from stones or anything that would enter the diff gear...what do u guys do as i see that for the front it's pretty well protected but not the rear.There are gaps between the plastic diff cover and the arms.
Old 01-19-2003, 04:48 AM
Tech Champion

Default Dust covers

I usually run at 2 different tracks 1 indoor and one outdoor track that is pretty dusty and dirty all of the time and I don't run dust covers on either of my "Cuda`s" no problems with dirt or small rocks
-Dave
Old 01-19-2003, 05:22 PM
Tech Addict

Default hiyas

looking for shock pistons for alex shocks ,,,, anyone have them we are trieing to run some carpet and with standard fluids cant seem to get the car stiff enough ...........tried to glue up one hole and even pin one hole it isnt working very well ....................
Old 01-19-2003, 07:04 PM
Tech Addict

Default springs

what springs are most running i have been using yokomo springs . anyone have any other options with a nice selection ?
Old 01-19-2003, 10:01 PM
fai
Regional Moderator

I think the purpose of the two addition slots is to counter-balance the flex on the servo size... As you can see in R1, without the slots, the servo side will be more rigid than the battery side when the whole chasis 'twists'. I hope this improves car's performance a little bit... (I did add two slots last friday to my R1!!! Hope it workes!)

Apart from chassis layout i.e battery placement/servo and also there seems to be 2 extra battery-like slots which could be of use for weight savings but as we are putting weights on the servo side wouldnt it be more of a bother to put more weight to offset the carbon fiber they took away even it's just a tiny little weight ...there's not much difference between the older one and R2 with the R2 has graphite lower arms(hardened) and threaded shocks only right??the rest still share the same parts apart from the shaft holder which is of different design and dual ball bearing compare to the old one...we'll see whether this will solved the old problem needing to change to aluminium one and i'm not sure if this make sense but with a dual bearing wouldnt it have more drag/resistance than the single bearing??
would love to hear the performance of the new chassis for consideration if it's a worthwhile upgrade(17800yen).....currently i'm pretty much satisfied with the way the Cuda is performing

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.