Search
Like Tree1Likes

Barracuda from Alex racing

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2003, 12:45 PM
TC3
Tech Regular

@ cHckbOY5
i took a pic of every page of my instruction manual, u can finde the pics here: http://home.arcor.de/fabian.rc/xplo_instr/
hope this helps....
Old 10-11-2003, 01:02 PM
Tech Master

thanks
Old 10-11-2003, 03:26 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally posted by Ko Racer
Dave pic's show us the pic's and do you know if they will offer it as a left or right side battery placement chassis?
Well I have pictures...but they reallly suck because my digi camera died...so I had to use my cell phone camera.. so I`ll post the pic`s in a bit but they are really small.....anyways ALEX will only make a standard chassis layout this time.. no upgrades like they did before..with the R1~r2...and the Batterys will be on the right side ONLY..!! not that it makes a differance the kit will be released on December this year..!!
-Dave
Old 10-11-2003, 03:29 PM
Regional Moderator

Originally posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
Well I have pictures...but they reallly suck because my digi camera died...so I had to use my cell phone camera.. so I`ll post the pic`s in a bit but they are really small.....anyways ALEX will only make a standard chassis layout this time.. no upgrades like they did before..with the R1~r2...and the Batterys will be on the right side ONLY..!! not that it makes a differance the kit will be released on December this year..!!
-Dave
its going to be limited right? and are they offering the alex colors or just one or two to choose from?
Old 10-11-2003, 03:35 PM
Tech Elite

-Dave
Any pics will be good
didn't your digi cam die before too, sounds like you need to get it sorted

So they're not bothering with the half a dozen options, kinda good, but I thought they might move the cells atleast a couple mm forward, ahwell.

You said before the A-arms are slightly changed, beefier around the large pivot balls, will this be a change we can use on the R2? ie. they'l stop making the old ones since they're not needed.
Old 10-11-2003, 03:39 PM
Regional Moderator

Originally posted by Herminator
Any pics will be good

So they're not bothering with the half a dozen options, kinda good, but I thought they might move the cells atleast a couple mm forward, ahwell.

You said before the A-arms are slightly changed, beefier around the large pivot balls, will this be a change we can use on the R2? ie. they'l stop making the old ones since they're not needed.

sounds to me from what im told the R2 will still be around maybe just a few new parts to play with
Old 10-11-2003, 03:43 PM
Tech Elite

sounds to me from what im told the R2 will still be around maybe just a few new parts to play with
sounds more like a Cuda R2 special then...
time will tell
Old 10-11-2003, 04:13 PM
Tech Champion

Any pics will be good

OK here is the complete Low down on what has changed with the R3..

1)IT's not going to be limmited it`s replacing the R2,R1 ect ect

2)THe 5mm spacers on the back of the bulkheads are now added on the the bulk head so there is no more tweek problems when you crash(longer and one peice)....also they incorporated a new swaybar mount into the bulkhead so you can change the stabilizer out without taking off the shock towers

3)New motor mount ..so you will nolonger need a drivesystem for the Car...this thing is trick!!! it looks like the Xenon and PAL mount where the Motor goes on(SD EVO ect ect) but it ties the upper deck and lower deck together mounts by 5 screws 4 on top and one on the lower chassis

4) Super Strong 100% pure Carbon fiber chassis not the 70% blend like 99% of the RC cars have today 20$ more rigid than the standard R2 chassis....also there is no visible weave to the carbon fiber and there is a Sweet looking Rainbow glitter now in the chassis( nice Eye candy)

5) New wiper style steering rack (think TC-3) but better...much more adjustable Ackerman(better idea in my book)

6) Drive shaft is now a dogbone type(just like the PAL Drive system) but the shaft will still be carbon and also you will be able to run a Drive shaft oneway along with the front oneway later too(even more cornering speed)

7) Chassis balance... they have moved the battery forward 3mm and the motor mount is back 1.5mm (just when you thought htat the R2 had good chassis balance they ,ake it better )

8) Colors..they will be the same
Red
Blue
Pink
Purple

9) Same Retail Price 39800 Yen...so you can exspect to but the new R3 for the same price as the R2...but you will have much more options that come with the car

10) 85% of the R2/R1 parts will work on this car bevel gears diffs shocks knuckles hubs ect ect.. (basicaly drive train and chassis have been changed for the better)

11)Slightly more beefier front and rear a-arms arounf the piviot ballsbut the a-arm is still the same so it can be used with the R2)

12) Option parts to come at the release of the R3
Carbon low degree front C-hubs
Carbon High degree front C-hubs
Center drive shaft one way
1.5 deg Carbon rear hubs
Carbon Bevel gears

So you guys with the R2`s don`t worry the R2 will still have support I asked ALEX Racing about it they will still be making parts and since most of the stuff that is for the R3 can be used on the R2
-Dave
Old 10-11-2003, 04:21 PM
Regional Moderator

Dave you sure its not going to be limited ? or at least that color changing chassis? I was told by my good freind there in J-land that has many ties with pal ,alex ,xenon etc etc.. that it will be limited !
Old 10-11-2003, 04:31 PM
Tech Champion

Dave you sure its not going to be limited ? or at least that color changing chassis? I was told by my good freind there in J-land that has many ties with pal ,alex ,xenon etc etc.. that it will be limited !
Maybe the Chassis ...but thats about it...they didn`t say one thing about it...and I even had the wife ask to to make 100% sure
either way Gliter chassis or no gliter chassis ...this car is Bad A$$

I don`t worry my self with the small details ...limmied doubt it..
-Dave
Old 10-11-2003, 04:33 PM
Regional Moderator

Maybe the Chassis ...but thats about it...they didn`t say one thing about it...and I even had the wife ask to to make 100% sure
either way Gliter chassis or no gliter chassis ...this car is Bad A$$

I don`t worry my self with the small details ...limmied doubt it..
-Dave
It doesnt matter to me either I have one coming so no sweat off my back
Old 10-11-2003, 04:36 PM
Tech Elite

Oh errr missus

Thanks for all the info Dave

Not sure about the glitter effect carbon chassis, looks a little toy like. No visable weave? so does it have weave thats just super fine or is it made some other way?

Sounds very nice overall, I'll probably get one in half a year or so, as a second car, so I'll have a spare for outdoors, but no huge must haves once my Cuda is sorted.
Old 10-11-2003, 04:39 PM
Tech Elite

I wonder what Triox will do, I'm sure they haven't sold all their R2's, with their useless promotion and prices, and they have there's with the cells on the other side. Will Alex Racing make them any with the cells on the left?
Old 10-11-2003, 04:41 PM
Tech Champion

Oh errr missus

Thanks for all the info Dave

Not sure about the glitter effect carbon chassis, looks a little toy like. No visable weave? so does it have weave thats just super fine or is it made some other way?

Sounds very nice overall, I'll probably get one in half a year or so, as a second car, so I'll have a spare for outdoors, but no huge must haves once my Cuda is sorted.
The Carbon is made with a new Tech.
they call it Hard pressed Cabon fiber
Old 10-11-2003, 04:45 PM
Tech Champion

Will Alex Racing make them any with the cells on the left?
Nope ...

But I wouldn`t keep PAL out of the Picture...you know how they are with making stuff that I always seem to want

-Dave

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.