Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

Barracuda from Alex racing

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2003, 05:06 PM
Tech Regular

I have a shiny red PAL Drive System sitting on my desk right now....will install it tonight and take it out for a spin this weekend.....looks so good I'm having doubts of racing it
Old 04-03-2003, 05:23 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by itchynads
I have a shiny red PAL Drive System sitting on my desk right now....will install it tonight and take it out for a spin this weekend.....looks so good I'm having doubts of racing it
Oiy, no blatent teasing or Dave will reprogram one of the missiles on his boat

don't suppose you have a digital camera? I want pics of it fitted with the spur on the side of the motor, not the diff.
Old 04-03-2003, 05:36 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

*****DOH*****

Pic's please

-Dave
Old 04-03-2003, 05:42 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by Herminator

don't suppose you have a digital camera? I want pics of it fitted with the spur on the side of the motor, not the diff.
Damn the shiny red bits are blinding how can a piece of alloy be sooooooo shiny

I've got a camera lying around but the quality is not the best. I'll try to get a shot when I find it.

I'll see what I can do Hermi and Dave.
Old 04-03-2003, 05:46 PM
Tech Champion

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm not a bad idea.... I'm sure I could persuade someone to do that j/k

Just get some pic's Or Else!!

-Dave
Old 04-03-2003, 05:55 PM
Tech Champion

Thumbs up

I've got a camera lying around but the quality is not the best. I'll try to get a shot when I find it.

Old 04-03-2003, 06:00 PM
Tech Elite

Dave's changed his logo

he's still got the wrong location though
Old 04-03-2003, 06:00 PM
Tech Champion

I see a Track Test Report coming from you right "Nads"

Let us know how the 64P gears work on the R2.... also do you have the Alloy F & R center shaft holders yet.???

-Dave
Old 04-03-2003, 06:01 PM
Tech Elite

I posted and as soon as I got my post up there was Dave's, he's stalking me
Old 04-03-2003, 06:07 PM
Tech Champion

Dave's changed his logo

he's still got the wrong location though
Home is Still Japan for me.....I'm just on a Vaccation from it right now Yeah' Right...

anyways I hope that itchynads' can give us a report of how it performs

-Dave
Old 04-03-2003, 07:09 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
I see a Track Test Report coming from you right "Nads"

Let us know how the 64P gears work on the R2.... also do you have the Alloy F & R center shaft holders yet.???

-Dave
Ran outta cash for the front and back shaft holders The stock plastic holders seem to be holding out well so there was no need to replace them just yet. I had to do some careful aligning to get them to sit the bearings correctly but they work fine. I might end up getting the alloy shaft holders at a later stage.

Not sure If I want to run 64pitch gears just yet since I only have 48pitch gears at the moment. The track where I normally run will chew up 64p gears easily...

I got the drive system because it looked pretty trick and I liked the idea of the alloy shaft instead of the carbon one since the stock shaft seemed to wobble a bit

As far as performance gains...I don't expect much...maybe a little more acceleration. The dogbone style shaft may also allow for the shaft holders to be slightly out of alignment and still not affect the performance of the car.

This weekend will be its real test as it really hasn't been raced before. I also got the 1.5x5.25 spring set for the car and will use those instead of the soft kit springs.
Old 04-03-2003, 07:14 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I did have some problems trying to install the input gears through the 2 bearings. I just couldn't pinch the tabs down enough,so I tried diagonal cutters,(dykes), and they went through w/o breaking the ears of of them. I also put my recever on top of my servo. When I ran the antanna wire from the recever, I cut off a piece of shrink tubing big enough to fit the wire through from the reciever right to the aluminum mount. I don't want anything rubbing the wire bare and cause any glitching. I hope that helps anyone out. Sad, I won't be able to race my R2 until the 12th of April but will take some time out before to go practice I hope it handles as good as my yokomo...
Old 04-04-2003, 10:17 AM
Tech Champion

Ran outta cash for the front and back shaft holders The stock plastic holders seem to be holding out well so there was no need to replace them just yet. I had to do some careful aligning to get them to sit the bearings correctly but they work fine. I might end up getting the alloy shaft holders at a later stage.

Not sure If I want to run 64pitch gears just yet since I only have 48pitch gears at the moment. The track where I normally run will chew up 64p gears easily...

I got the drive system because it looked pretty trick and I liked the idea of the alloy shaft instead of the carbon one since the stock shaft seemed to wobble a bit

As far as performance gains...I don't expect much...maybe a little more acceleration. The dogbone style shaft may also allow for the shaft holders to be slightly out of alignment and still not affect the performance of the car.

This weekend will be its real test as it really hasn't been raced before. I also got the 1.5x5.25 spring set for the car and will use those instead of the soft kit springs

please let us know some results when you get them

also I think that you'll love the new spring rates too

-Dave
Old 04-04-2003, 12:05 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by ImGoinRCn
I did have some problems trying to install the input gears through the 2 bearings. I just couldn't pinch the tabs down enough,so I tried diagonal cutters,(dykes), and they went through w/o breaking the ears of of them. I also put my recever on top of my servo. When I ran the antanna wire from the recever, I cut off a piece of shrink tubing big enough to fit the wire through from the reciever right to the aluminum mount. I don't want anything rubbing the wire bare and cause any glitching. I hope that helps anyone out. Sad, I won't be able to race my R2 until the 12th of April but will take some time out before to go practice I hope it handles as good as my yokomo...
sounds good heath....
let us know how it goes on the 12th
-Dave
Old 04-04-2003, 04:22 PM
Tech Champion

You got a pic' of it yet
-Dave

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.