Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ask Greg Hodapp

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2004, 10:17 PM
Tech Legend

Greg-ory...

I`m I gona be rootin fer you at this years Ifmar worlds ?

Sure hope so!
Old 09-15-2004, 10:36 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: Sorry

Originally posted by Hodapp
My name is not as mainstream as the Kinwalds, Hodges and Drakes of the RC World so it may take awhile and some good results on my behalf to get this thread jumping.

Not mainstream??? bahh!! How can the other half of the gold dust twins not be mainstream??

I predict a world championship in your future!! (no pressure though )
Old 09-15-2004, 11:16 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Don't ever think bad about me, remember Japan? I think my back is still hurting from that one.

Gas Panic

I'm sure a certain Pro-Line Squirell would remember.

How do I go about getting an avatar under my name like you cool people. I am always the last to know.
Old 09-16-2004, 12:14 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by SCIDA
Hey Greg are you still using the "Wheel"?

How did you get that scar on your arm?

What are you going to do for work when you get out of school?

Are you racing 1/12 at the Worlds? If so what car?

What was your first big win? What was your Biggest win to date?

What was the BEST drive you EVER put in whether you won or not?

Do you still roll up your skin tight denim shorts?

What bodies are you taking to the World's?

You are the only person to really go after and beat Hara lately. Does that give you more confidence going into the Worlds? Knowing you will have to go through him to win.

Will you name one driver from from each competing car company that is going to be your BIGGEST threat at teh WORLDS?

Just a couple of things to let people to get to know you better.

Your FRIEND
Steve Chamberlain
1) Yes I am still using my SCIDA blue wheel. I have been a tenth of a second a lap faster since putting it on.

2) The scar on my arm.........hmmmmm........let me think...........ahhhhhhh............hmmmmm........ ......that is a long story.....too long for this forum.

3) I am going to be working at Peak after school until something else comes up. Not going to rush into anything too fast. I am really enjoying myself right now.

4)No. I am not racing 1/12th scale at the worlds. Just focusing on the Touring Car.

5)My first big win was when I won the 1995 Reedy Off Road Race of Champions Invational Class. That was back when all of the European guys came over along with all the fast guys from Japan like Masami and Adachi. It was 2wd and 4wd. That was a magical weekend. I won 9 races out of 12 and finished 2nd in the other three. I have won other races like the Cactus Classic and a handfull of Nationals but the 1995 Reedy Race remains my biggest win and the one that I am most proud of.

6) The best drive that I ever put in was done at the Mod Nats in Butler PA. It was the first round of qualifying the morning after a big storm came through. The track was muddy and as slippery as ice. I TQd the first round by 9 seconds which, at the time felt really good but I knew as the track dried out, that time would not be good enough for the main. In the last round of qualifying I was on a TQ run on a track that was now completely blue grooved and hooked up when my car flipped out of nowhere on a dirt chunk that broke out of the track. The marshall didn't see my car and it was a dissaster. As I was walking off of the stand I knew that run was not fast enough to make the main but when the announcer was calling out the top ten, to my surprise he called me out in the tenth and final A main position. I couldn't believe it, I went over to the time sheet to look at my time and noticed that the run that put me tenth in the main was the first round time that I set when the track was a sloppy and slippery mess. Aside from that time, the top 26 times came from the last round of that race. That is why that first round drive is my best drive ever. I worked my way up in the mains and eventually finished a hard fought 4th overall.......

7) No I do not still roll up my skin tight denim shorts. I don't even have them anymore. My doctor warned me that prolonged wearing of tight denim shorts could hurt my chances of ever having kids if I decided to have them some day. Plus, it is not very cool to be walking around with a Man Toe. If you know what I mean.

8) I will probably just stick with the Losi Alpha unless something else is outta control dialed.

9) Yeah. I know I am the only (American) to beat Hara lately. Don't mean that in a bad way, but hey, you asked. I have raced him 3 times this year and beat him two out of the 3. The Reedy Race was kinda hollow due to the fact that I didn't ever race him. When I beat him flat out at the KO Popo Grand Prix, that made my result at the Reedy Race a little more satisfying. I knew it wasn't a fluke. At the On Road Nationals he was on a pace all of his own and I was nowhere to be found due to some issues. It was his weekend totally. I definitely have a ton of confidence going into the Worlds but Hara is just one of many incredibly talented and fast drivers that everyone will have to deal with.

10)HPI - Hara.....Tamiya - Marc Rheinhard.....Losi - Spashett.....Schumacher - Teemu Leinu.....Yokomo - Masami......Corally - Tossolini.....Associated - Mike Blackstock

Hope I didn't forget anyone and I hope this isn't too drawn out and boring.

Last edited by Hodapp; 09-16-2004 at 06:53 AM.
Old 09-16-2004, 12:29 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 261 (100%+)
Default Greg, d'ya remember...

...off-road racing in the little place in Auburn tucked next to the Schwinn shop?

...or in the park in Renton?

Geez--that's all approaching 20 years ago now.

Good golly--that enthusiastic kid's done grown up and become a Factory Racer. Congrats!!

Scottrik
Old 09-16-2004, 06:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

7) No I do not still roll up my skin tight denim shorts. I don't even have them anymore. My doctor warned me that prolonged wearing of tight denim shorts could hurt my chances of ever having kids if I decided to have them some day. Plus, it is not very cool to be walking around with a Man Toe. If you know what I mean.
LMAO ....aka "gooseknuckle"
Old 09-16-2004, 07:56 AM
mo
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Yeah Greg, the '95 Reedy was awesome. That was the original MnM Raceway, right? Weren't you running Maxtec at the time?
Old 09-16-2004, 08:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Why did you guys have to bring up that race? I did horrible there. Greg, you were railed though, all weekend. Very impressive.

My favorite part was Matt borrowing my Yokomo for 4 wheel and winning the first main out.

Good luck at the Worlds Greg.
Old 09-16-2004, 08:41 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Gregs da bomb!!!!!

Greg, Welcome to RCTech!!!! Caldwell/SoCal
Old 09-16-2004, 06:57 PM
Tech Regular

Scottrik - I remember it all bud. So long ago now.

Mo - That was actually the second MnM....I think. Anyway it was da bomb. Yes I was running Maxtec at that time. Eric Soderquist was the man. Best motor man EVER in rc.

Graphitedust - Thanks Lee. How do you know my car so well? I am just gonna ask you every time.

Last edited by Hodapp; 09-16-2004 at 09:06 PM.
Old 09-16-2004, 09:04 PM
NR
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

How old are you Greg??

What are you doing at school?? Is that school as in college or second form?

Just a few question what do you like about the 2.5 mm over the 3.5 mm chassis?

And do you run the ackerman extensions?

And what rollout do you run on the 7 vantage?

Cheers
Nathan
Old 09-16-2004, 09:13 PM
Tech Apprentice

ah yes i would like to know what if i used super glue on my tiers for tire sauce on a glue remover surface would that give me more traction in the corner or out of the corner,i was a little lost so i had to ask a pro
Old 09-16-2004, 09:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Eric Soderquist was the man. Best motor man EVER in rc.
Have to agree with you there. Twister completly fell apart after he left.
Old 09-16-2004, 10:00 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

. Eric Soderquist was the man. Best motor man EVER in rc.
Is Eric still around? or does anyone know what he is up to, he used to wind motors for an importer here in Australia, he actually designed a spec motor we ran here for a number of years, It was a hand wound 20 single, they had the cleanest winding i have ever seen and the things were rockets.

The importer was out for a few years but has started back up again and had mentioned trying to get hold of eric again.
Old 09-20-2004, 08:53 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default XRay development

Hi Greg,

I was wondering if XRay is working on any new componets for their cars and what are some good starting points for setting up the XRay.

Last edited by Graphitedust; 09-20-2004 at 08:59 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.