Wiki Posts
Search

19 Turn Motor Questions and Opinions

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2004, 10:05 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default 19 Turn Motor Questions and Opinions

Hey guys, I want to know what 19turn motors you guys are finding to be the Fastest as more and more companies make them. Any info would be appreciated, also can u name the characeristics of that motor. For example (High RPM, or Alot of Torque etc...works good with 766's ect....) and what base gear ratio you guys are running with it. The last thing is what brushes for that particular motor are people using. Thanks

Thanks.

The reason is im starting to get into 19 turn racing and just curious what to get first. and how to gear it.

Thanks in advanced nephews and nieces
Old 09-06-2004, 10:15 PM
Tech Rookie

Depends what you're using the 19t for. I'm racing in a 19t class which permits adjustable timing rather than a tagged endbell.

I've found the new Trinity Ultra Bird to be really good geared to about 6.0 in a Touring Car (Losi XXX's) on an asphalt surface. The Ultra Bird comes with P94 4383 Trinity brushes.

I recently purchased a Team Paradigm 19t and a BTX (uses a D6 can) but I haven't tested these motors yet.

I set the endbell to 24 degrees which is the same as if it was tagged
Old 09-06-2004, 11:30 PM
Tech Adept

Tamiya TA04
Trinity Chameleon Pro 2 19T ROAR Legal (Locked Timing)
Pinion Tamiya 44T, Spur Tamiya 120T or Robinson Racing 96 Spur and 35 Pinion
GT7 ESC set to Aggessive Stock

Use Red Springs on Positive and Green on Negative.
Trinity 4504 Brushess.......the 4505 are also good but heavy on the comm....the 4504 have less silver content

My final ratio is (120/44*2.13) = 5.81 and (96/35*2.13) = 5.84

I use Robinson gears because the original Tamiya 64p spurs are soft and gets eaten up after about two races. This is how powerful the Chameleon is. Gear the motor as you would a 27T and then go up 3 teeth on the pinion.

hope it helps