Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Anyone have Acer Ceramic Nitride Pro bearings? >

Anyone have Acer Ceramic Nitride Pro bearings?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Anyone have Acer Ceramic Nitride Pro bearings?

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2004, 09:00 PM
Tech Addict

Default Anyone have Acer Ceramic Nitride Pro bearings?

Are they the best or are the higher priced Boca bearings better? Are the seals good? I think I may be interested in getting a set.
Old 09-03-2004, 09:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

I have a complete set for my xxxs. I am pleased with their performance. There are some gaps in the seals. I just cleaned them the other night in a jewelry cleaner and all dirt and debris came right out.
Never used boca so I can't comment on them.
Old 09-04-2004, 09:36 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Same here, I can't comment on any other brands of bearings, but I do have a set of those Acers in my TC3, & I've been VERY happy with them, very smooth, holding strong, & the seals seem to work beautifully(I can pull a bearing out looking ultra-dirty, but pley with it & tell it's still in perfect conditon, the dirt's only on the outside of the bearing). I certainly feel I'm getting my money's worth.....
Old 09-05-2004, 01:05 AM
Tech Addict

Default I don't think I like the idea of ...

gaps in the seals. Is that a defect or is that how they are made? Are the seals looser on one side that is enclosed in the housing?
Old 09-05-2004, 11:03 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default acer

i bought a set for my EVO III SE and i love em! I think they make a world of difference in every aspect of the car (as far as where the bearings were replaced!!) i can't wait to get a set for my EVO IV. The only other set I can compare them to are the Tamiya rubber shielded bearings and the Acer's are waaayy better. try em out!
Old 09-05-2004, 11:46 AM
Tech Addict

Default Acer

I bought a set for my TC-3 & they were horrible! none of them would spin freely, i tried getting in touch with Acer i tried phone email, & fax 2 1/2 days later they called, the guy told me to take them all apart & degrease them, & relube them, i did to no effect, i tried breaking them in by running the car on the stand with the wheels off, same result. and why in the hell should i have to take apart a 100.00+ set of bearing to try to get them to function half as well as the stock bearings, i sent them back for a refund, a week & a half later they still haven't put the money back on my credit card, maybe i just got a bad set? but there customer service seems to suck!
Old 09-05-2004, 11:53 AM
Tech Master

from lots of things i have read is that they seem really happy selling things, but not so happy giving refuns, replacing sets etc!

maybe try boca, they do lots of different types of bearings so you can go for budget cermaic bearings, or best bearings in town
Old 09-05-2004, 06:02 PM
Tech Master

I have four sets of the Acer Ceramics bearings (one for each of my cars). I have had great experience with all of them and have never had one failure. Exceptionally free spinning, long lasting and very little maintenance!
Old 09-05-2004, 09:30 PM
Tech Rookie

I have used Acer ceramic bearings in my two Losi XXX's since January this year. I have found them to be really good but only after they had been run in which took about one month. I previously had the Trinity/Losi ceramic bearings in one car but they quickly got gritty and that's why I switched to the Acer bearings.

Most of the bearings have been really free once they were run in. In a couple of cases with the bigger bearings (1/2 -3/4 inch) I've had to replace them because they became gritty.

Would I buy them again? Yes they are better than anything else I've used but don't under-estimate the running in period. My cars were slower than I would have liked until the bearings freed up. And also I decided not to do anything to them other than install and run!
Old 09-06-2004, 08:41 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default free bearings

I agree with AlanC, it took a good month or so for the bearings to become really free and for me to see a difference. Of course, it depends how much you run your cars too. I only run mine aobut 5 times a month