Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree300Likes

Team Associated TC4

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2013, 09:10 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I think in the Fttc4 , there are lots of screws on the top deck you can back off a bit to get flex... The Ray brace cutouts work on the tub tc4 , and the remaining screws can also be loosened a bit...
Old 12-01-2013, 10:53 AM
Tech Adept

Hi guys, I am from Brazil.
Looking for a TC4 in good conditions, paypal payment.
Got a baby coming next year and want to reduce drastically my costs with rc and I think a TC4 with a 13.5 or 17.5 is what I need now.
Old 12-02-2013, 08:58 AM
Tech Champion

I just finished backing off a whole lot of screws out of my tc4's, and boy did I get alot of chassis flex !!! My cars were way too stiff with the screws tightened all the way... A few turns back, and voila: FLEX !!! I did take out the same part of all the braces that Ray cut out, but only in my 17.5t tub car... I got even more flex !!! I hope to be able to test soon, but it looks very promising !!!
Old 12-02-2013, 10:23 AM
Tech Initiate

Hi Guys
Just wanted to keep you updated on my TC4 build. I purchased a DC4 LE kit last week with optional flex top deck. I intend to build it up with some improved parts to increase performance and ease of maintenance. The car will then be raced in the 13.5T class of the BRCA nationals. A class which the TC4 used to do very well in but has essentially disappeared from to be replaced by more modern cars ( a back step?? Well I think so )

While I wait for the Diggity kit to arrive I have been working on the TC4 FT kit that will provide the base for the new race car. This is a car I have had since new when they first came out and I used to race at the nationals before moving to a sponsored drive with Losi (the dark side I know) then a break from the sport, before returning about 8 months ago.

To the TC4 kit I have converted to TC6 front and rear hubs plus carriers, the rear to allow matching vertical attachments for the camber arms inside and outside.

I have also got together a better quality bearing kit, RSD DCJs (they now fit) and a IRS front light weight spool. I also built up a set of latest TC6.1 dampers with RSD soft bladders, 0 rings and 6 hole pistons. I also plan to use the RSD dual bell crank steering system, floating Lipo attachment kit and a carbon drive shaft from Whip.

With these bits I think it's going to be one truly quick car and I can't wait to try it out on track. I will post build pics, testing reports and set ups as I go.

Many thanks
Tom
Old 12-02-2013, 10:36 AM
Tech Champion

That's a pretty advanced Fttc4 you got there... Lots of tc6 parts, and the Rsd dcj's are an alternative to the losi LCD drives.... Nice !!! Good luck at the Nats......
Old 12-02-2013, 11:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 127 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Brooksracing
Hi Guys
Just wanted to keep you updated on my TC4 build. I purchased a DC4 LE kit last week with optional flex top deck. I intend to build it up with some improved parts to increase performance and ease of maintenance. The car will then be raced in the 13.5T class of the BRCA nationals. A class which the TC4 used to do very well in but has essentially disappeared from to be replaced by more modern cars ( a back step?? Well I think so )

While I wait for the Diggity kit to arrive I have been working on the TC4 FT kit that will provide the base for the new race car. This is a car I have had since new when they first came out and I used to race at the nationals before moving to a sponsored drive with Losi (the dark side I know) then a break from the sport, before returning about 8 months ago.

To the TC4 kit I have converted to TC6 front and rear hubs plus carriers, the rear to allow matching vertical attachments for the camber arms inside and outside.

I have also got together a better quality bearing kit, RSD DCJs (they now fit) and a IRS front light weight spool. I also built up a set of latest TC6.1 dampers with RSD soft bladders, 0 rings and 6 hole pistons. I also plan to use the RSD dual bell crank steering system, floating Lipo attachment kit and a carbon drive shaft from Whip.

With these bits I think it's going to be one truly quick car and I can't wait to try it out on track. I will post build pics, testing reports and set ups as I go.

Many thanks
Tom

Very nice Tom...

You may want to look at building a slipper spool with tc5 slipper pads.
This will save your gears in a hard crash.

Also maybe remove the FT bing Aluminum and install the regular plastic arm mounts to save some weight if need, although the DC4 LE tc4 weighs a lot less than a factory tc4.

Sounds like a nice ride can't wait to see some pics.

Last edited by RED-LINE M03; 12-02-2013 at 01:04 PM.
Old 12-02-2013, 03:25 PM
Tech Elite

Default New setup posted to AE website

Ray Klebanow - 2013 Halloween Classic USGT
Old 12-02-2013, 03:34 PM
Tech Initiate

Thanks guys the input is very much appreciated and any further ideas or tips are very much welcome.
My idea was to build a car to compete at the top level in the UK using a TC4 probably the favourite car I ever raced but continue to evolve its design in the direction associated could have gone if they hadn't swapped to belt drive.

I will definitly post pics of the build and testing as frequently as I can not to mention race results!
Thanks again everyone, great community on here BTW

Tom
Old 12-03-2013, 05:05 AM
Tech Addict

Here is my Diggity 3mm Chassis after a date with the dremel. Now 80mm wide. Car being built for CVTA - Canadian Vintage TranAm 21.5 / 1450 Grams.
Attached Thumbnails Team Associated TC4-dig3mm.jpg  
Old 12-03-2013, 07:18 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

How is the flex? That is one big hole from the motor area.
Old 12-03-2013, 07:36 AM
Tech Champion

Smile

It's a big hole indeed, but the way Elliot cut this chassis down to 80mm was the way the chassis needed to be cut from diggity design in the first place, minus the big hole of course... I think it's the thinnest chassis out there, and diggity design should consider cutting their next chassis the same, but without the hole....lol..... I guess my 70mm design was a bit extreme, but 80mm is good enough...lol... Good Job Elliot, and with such a stiff 3mm chassis, the big hole won't mess it up too much...
Old 12-03-2013, 07:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rick Hohwart
Interesting, the battery and the ESC are on the same side. Must run a shorty pack towards the back of the car?
Old 12-03-2013, 08:06 AM
Tech Champion

Smile

You can always try Red line's layout on post #12223....
Originally Posted by RED-LINE M03
The TC4 picture I posted a couple pages back is the Orange body car sitting in the TQ #1 spot.

The car in position #2 is a $700 Awsomactic and all the other cars are Xray T4 2014, 2013, TC6.1WC ect...

I would say this car is pretty dialed in....!!!

It's nice to see folks stick to the older cars and not buying the next flavor of the month touring car.

http://youtu.be/JYqmzR-2o9g

Old 12-03-2013, 09:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (98%+)

Originally Posted by Rick Hohwart
Here is a pic of my layout .
Attached Thumbnails Team Associated TC4-image.jpg  
Old 12-03-2013, 10:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ray k
Here is a pic of my layout .
Interesting. Chopped the motor mount down to save weight? With all the weight you added to the motor side, why did you decide to move the ESC to the other side?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.