Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

try hobbyetc.com they have a good supply
Old 08-12-2006, 02:30 AM
Tech Apprentice

Same here, no communication, no information from SpeedMerchant after
placing order... was thinking of any major race where they all would be at,
but still
(order has been placed 3 weeks ago - not even a "your order is received or is being processed".....) :-(
Anyone knows if they're still alive ? How many people work there? maybe it's just a few guys company... and they're all in holiday :-) i don't know... :-(

Shipping not required within 3 weeks but
at least some information about the handling or availibility or just something of the goodies/order is apropriate, no?
Old 08-12-2006, 03:02 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

I got a reply from Bruce yesterday and that only took less than 24 hours.
Old 08-12-2006, 06:13 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Well, you're fortunate. I have sent 5 e-mails, 3 PMs and called 4 times (voice mail) over the last month and have still not heard a single thing from him. If this car weren't broken, I may have sold it already.

With customer service like this, who needs customers?
Old 08-19-2006, 08:52 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

everything getting cleared up? I will be ordering my 4.5 conversion soon but don't want to unless people have gotten their parts yet.
Old 08-20-2006, 05:31 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I think for a company to not even respond is a poor way to conduct a business. I don't want to hear he's away on a much needed vacation. Then he should find someone who can assist him. I will be in the market for a 1/12th scale car soon and was strongly considering the Speedmerchant 4.5. I guess I may need to look elsewhere, maybe CRC.
Old 08-20-2006, 06:02 AM
Tech Adept

I'm in the UK and I would have bought a rev.4 if I hadn't heard they had a reputation for bad service. Its a real nice looking car, but I was told by a couple of people over in the UK that they seem only to care about the US market...
Old 08-20-2006, 06:15 AM
Tech Elite

Thumbs down

Well, 5 or 6 e-mails, a few PMs and a few answering machine messages later, and I finally heard from Bruce on my chassis. It was exactly 6 weeks ago today that I had a problem with my stock chassis, and haven't been able to race since. I even purchased a second hand car this week in hopes of using it for spares. I heard from Bruce in an e-mail on Thursday.

While I have been racing since 1983 and have never seen a carbon fiber chassis delaminate like that in ANY kind of incident, Bruce claims that happens sometimes, and has even happened to him before. Whatever. It shouldn't happen at all, regardless. Maybe 15 years ago when the quality expectations of the products in this market weren't as high as they are now, but that's not gonna cut it today.

I paid 50% list for a new chassis and it arrived yesterday in a large USPS box with no packing material. All is good, but six weeks to go without hearing a single thing in response to simple questions is bad for any company. I don't care what "e-mail issues" there were.

I honestly love the Rev4 and think it's one of the best 12th scale cars I've ever driven right out of the box, but in my case, I can't say I have ever had weaker customer service on parts that should NOT have failed (ok, well, maybe Trinity was worse). All I wanted were answers to my original questions when I asked them, and I didn't hear anything in response.
Old 08-20-2006, 06:50 AM
Tech Apprentice

The Rev 4 is a great car, but I would recommend the CRC car to you guys looking to switch. I got one last year after being fed up with parts availability on the Rev 4. The CRC is very similar, and you can actually buy parts for it.

As far as chassis delaminating, that used to happen all the time. Try sanding and gluing the edges to increase strength.

Yankey
Old 08-20-2006, 07:10 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Yankey
As far as chassis delaminating, that used to happen all the time. Try sanding and gluing the edges to increase strength.
That was done—and done well, too. 4 hours of chassis prep, 2 coats of CA after a full edge sand and a final rounded shallow bevel angle on the bottom to keep things like this from happening. Shouldn't have split 3 inches down by 1" deep, pulling all of the front end screws through the suspension holes on the front of the chassis

Fluke or not, I wasn't upset about that. I was ready and willing to buy a new chassis for it immediately, and only wanted a few simple questions answered.
Old 08-20-2006, 09:19 AM
Tech Fanatic

Quick note: When I prep my chassis I actually run a bead of CA on the mounting holes (body post holes, front suspension holes, etc.). I found that this greatly reduces the ability for the screws to come through and saves a lot of chassis problems.
Old 08-20-2006, 09:25 AM
Tech Elite

I'll be doing that this time, for sure. Until now, never had a need to go to those lengths to keep a chassis from coming delaminated.
Old 08-20-2006, 11:50 AM
Tech Addict

Has anyone ever tried to mount the batteries in the middle of the slots instead of the forward or rear positions?
Old 08-20-2006, 12:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

You can play with mounting the battery in different positions, although normally i just run them all the way back since it doesnt make the car twichy at high speeds (ie a sweeper coming off the straight) and gives it more steering in the 180's.
Old 08-21-2006, 10:50 PM
Tech Adept

Hello all, just hoping some one can help me with a good starting point for my gearing and tire sizes for my rev 4, I'm running matched IB4200 cells and a orion 9x2 motor.
Thanks Brendan

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.