Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Acer Ceramics need help!

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2004, 02:01 PM
Tech Addict

Default Acer Ceramics need help!

I just purchased a set of ceramic nitride bearings from acer, & they are very hard to turn, really dont want to move, i called acer left messages, sent Email, even tried a fax they wont respond in any way, does anyone know what you should do to new bearings to get them freed up
Old 08-26-2004, 02:05 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default hmmm

i'm pretty surprised. i ordered a set for my EVO III and didn't have any problems at all. maybe you got a bum set?

sorry i don't have any advice for you.

vic
Old 08-26-2004, 03:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

do you have the red rubber shield bearing? you need to take the shield out and use a dremel to trim the inner edge a little bit... also, flush out the grease inside the bearing too....
Old 08-26-2004, 03:17 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Re: Acer Ceramics need help!

Originally posted by Charlie O
I just purchased a set of ceramic nitride bearings from acer, & they are very hard to turn, really dont want to move, i called acer left messages, sent Email, even tried a fax they wont respond in any way, does anyone know what you should do to new bearings to get them freed up
same with me, no reply at all.
Old 08-26-2004, 03:38 PM
Tech Addict

Just find one of their ads in any RC magazine....Stare at it for a while and everything will be alright...........

j/k
Sorry I don't have an answer for you..............
Old 08-26-2004, 04:43 PM
Tech Addict

Yes i have the red rubber shield, i'll try flushing them with motor spray and relubing them. thanks
Old 08-26-2004, 04:44 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally posted by over gear
do you have the red rubber shield bearing? you need to take the shield out and use a dremel to trim the inner edge a little bit... also, flush out the grease inside the bearing too....
Wow, I'd be kinda ticked if I had to do that after spending over $100 on "top of the line" bearings.
Old 08-26-2004, 04:46 PM
Tech Addict

I am! worst part is acer wont contact me, via phone, email or fax, but they sure took my order ok
Old 08-26-2004, 04:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

That is kind of stange, they are supposed to be the coolest thing since peanut butter. I've never run ACER's....I'm a Boca fan, personally.....so....
Old 08-26-2004, 04:52 PM
Tech Regular

I was kind of ticked off also when I got mine. They got back to me when I e-mailed them when I ordered the wrong diff balls and took care of it for me
Old 08-26-2004, 05:25 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by over gear
Charlie O,
I probably wouldn't do what over gear suggested as the new Acer Ceramic sheilds have no contact with the internals off the bearing.
One little thing I have found with the Acers is that when they are brand new, they spin as free as any other brand new bearing you could have bought (including cheap bearings). They should spin smoothly (but BE tight) but not be free spinning (if you get my meaning). I currently have Acers installed in all my cars (that's 4 sets) and this was the case with all of them. If they simply wont spin or feel grity definately return them.
Otherwise this is my recommendation: Install them in the car as they came out of the package (do not remove the seals and/or clean them). Put about 10 packs through them to break them in and they should be about perfect after that. You can leave them as they are and they will just keep getting better or you can remove the seals, clean and relube them.
It is my experience that when broken in like the method described above, they last forever and as long as they remain clean, they will be perfect. I have had my original set in my TC3 for over 2 years now and they are still perfect.
If you want immediate results from the package, remove the seals, clean the factory oil out and them relube them with the Acer bearing oil.
I highly recommend the Acer bearing oil as well.
Hope this helps!
Old 08-26-2004, 05:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Damn, sounds unusual. I've had nothing but Great Service from Acer. Even a year or so ago when they were building me a set for my Yokomo SD. They were waiting for a new type outdrive bearing for the kit. So they sent me some temporary outdrive bearings free of charge until the new bearings came in just so I'd have some bearings to run with the rest of their ceramic kit. So far I've had 3 sets from them. No problems at all.
Old 08-26-2004, 06:30 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I agree, I bought a full set ofthe Ceramics from them in Janurary for my TC3, & they're been just fine for me, all of them came to me in perfect shape, no binding or strangeness....
Old 08-26-2004, 07:00 PM
Tech Master

I would say the same thing as below. When I got mine I was a little dissapointed with how they felt (Not free spinning). Ran them in my car for a couple of race meets. Took them out, flushed them and used SIN oil in them.

Bling Bling!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wooooo Hooooooo.

Talk about free spinning. My TC3 will now free spin for over 10 seconds, but more important I can actually feel it on the track.

Coxy.
Old 08-26-2004, 07:24 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Acer Ceramics need help!

Originally posted by Charlie O
Is that all of the bearings or just a couple? If all, soak them to get the grease out with some sort of degreaser. Then try it again.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.