Wiki Posts
Search

This is ridiculous... please help us

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2004, 11:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally posted by POOKYT
O.K. boys! I just had a thought after reading this thread. First, thanks to all of you guys out there( world wide) for your time and help in this matter. I personally drive 1.5 hrs to race in Memphis from Arkansas for 2 reasons! #1 This club functions in a manner that first drew me into RC. Like entire families spending the day racing together and all the vets helping out all the newbies. Great track and drivers stand plus well organized racing help them promote this hobby I have loved for the past 14 yrs. #2 This is the best competition and sportsmanship with in 4 hrs of drive time for me.
NOW--Lets take this problem to an offensive position and not the defensive.
We first should go to our biggest supporters( Hobby Town, IHOP) and thank them for all they have done for us. Second, let them know of our problem and ask to use them as a reference as we visit the other area retailers and restaurants. If we pull all of the other tennants in on our side for support, then we become a much bigger problem for Havertys to deal with. This will also help us with the property owners if they realize only one other tennant has some problem with our club. Just a brain fart here but it may be a good thing to try. I'm in sales so I have no problem talking to the other stores if you guys want me to help. Just let me know.

P.S. I beat BigDog today fair and square! LOL
Sorry just had to get that out of my system ya know

Brant
Sounds like a good idea, however keep in mind that you are dealing with a disgruntled store manager. It would be like backing a wild animal into a corner........He may have a legal means to prevent you from racing anywhere on the property, including the rear. He'll pull a "in the way of our delivery trucks" thing or something. I would have the owner of the Hobby Town store to obtain a copy of their lease agreement; it should be the same as anyone else who lease from the realtor. Find out if they have a loitering or tresspassing clause in the contract. If so, find out how far it is away from Havertys. Marked the distance plus some, and have fun! Also check with any city ordinance to prevent them from finding ways to stop you guys from racing. (i.e. noise ordinance.....etc, etc.) I guess what I am trying to say is cover the legal grounds. hitting Havertys from the top is always good, striking from the bottom is better, but make sure the rat can't find a loop hole.
Old 08-30-2004, 09:51 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

You guys might like to pass this story on to a Flash Mab forum...that is if "Havertys" is a retail chain with a large website.
It is a malicious thing to do, getting a mob on a website, but it is a good defense against unscrupulus businesses on the web....

flash mobs might feel for your story.

I was recently proud to participate in a flash mob of 8 fake bank sights used to fish for credit card/bank accounts, one of witch even flooded the server bandwidth so bad it slowed down the entire ISP that provided it server space.

But its my experience that the best way to get your racing back is to just find anouther better location, and build a relationship with the bussinesses around the parking lot...offering them free advertising, and urging your racers to suport the area. Works great for us, lots of our resident strip mall residents love us, and offer "race day" discounts.
Old 08-30-2004, 10:15 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Flash Mobs.........never heard of that, but it must be fun!

But seriuosly that last idea was definitley a good one. But like you said, you gotta the the businesses together.
Old 08-30-2004, 01:37 PM
Tech Addict

A local club track, that unfortunately died after a management change, was actually being sought after and we held events in their parking lots.

Got great hobby exposure and the stores, loved it! We weren't thrilled at setting the track up and leaving it overnight without fearing someone would drive through it, but our fears never came to fruition.
Old 08-30-2004, 04:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

email sent
Old 08-30-2004, 08:21 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

mail sent to both landlord and store.