Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New MRT ESC

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2004, 06:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

SHOOKY<<<<<<<<<<<Sits Anciously waiting...................
Thanks
Stephen <><
Old 10-27-2004, 08:07 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

shooky, sorry to keep you waiting but I just called in the office and don't have time for an answer just now. I should have chance to sit down and reply tomorrow evening (UK time). I hope my answer and prices will be ok for you! (and all our other US customers).

Terry
Old 10-28-2004, 01:10 PM
Tech Fanatic

At last shooky time for me to sit down and reply!

Thanks MR JOLLY, Robfo and X2 for your help to answer the questions put forward by shooky.

I may not quite understand the logic here, but I'll give it a try.

I assume the $225 is the price of a VX Pro, if not and it's the price of a VX Sport (£96) then we're almost talking like for like. A VX Sport has exactly the same make/type of MOSFETs as a GT7, the same number for forwards so they're exactly the same and the brakes on a VX Sport are approx half the resistance... so the VX Sport is only our Sport speedo, our Pro VX has higher spec MOSFETs than a GT7! Our VX speedos are also waterproof (not needed in the USA?).

If you're after a speedo that's only 'good enough' to win then as you've mentioned there are choices available, home produced USA manufactured ESC's etc often with an attractive lower price. But if you want an ESC with specs way above 'good enough' (ie you're buying a performance advantage) then MRT offers ESC's for those who know an on-track advantage when they see one!

I don't see any reason why the lowest priced MX should not sell in the USA (and not simply converting the UK prices from our web site) at a price around $160, and that's only the cheapest MX which is much better than just 'good enough to win'.
Old 10-30-2004, 03:07 PM
Tech Adept

desperate need for more info Terry
Just cooked a speedo racing in Malta in 30 deg heat!!!
BTW
They are running (as you probably know) your transponders and they ran all day without any hiccups - I know I did race control
Old 10-30-2004, 04:02 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Hey terry-s, just spotted this thread about your new speedo, I've been running a VX Pro in my car for about 5 months or so now, after moving on from a v7.1, and not a single hicup or problem with it (bar the odd user error, like accidently turning drag brakes on in stock..opps and wrongly solder power cap...big pop).

Sufice to say I'm very happy with it, even though I'll admit it wasn't my original first choice when I came to change, I did hear of problems with 'cough' waterproof QC2/Dom Evo's... so that blew them out the window, and having watched 2 cirrusis blow up in the space of one meeting (on the same car) I decided to give you guys a try. I don't think I'll bother looking anywhere else in the future.....

I actually brought the speedo second hand, the guy I brought it from had brought two, so to have one as a spare. However the original was running so well he decided he didn't need the second, if that doesn't say how good your speedo's are, I don't know what does.

Deffiently interested to see the MX, I've got the british indoor winter series coming up (in stock) and hopefully with the EA ROAR stock, and VX Pro, (not to mention a world championship wining car... sorry had to get that in ) I'm aiming for a decent result... or to put it another way, one where I can only blame the driver :P

I've put my name on the form on the website, looking forward to the udates.

Regards
Ed
Old 11-01-2004, 09:48 AM
Tech Fanatic

big_G, bad news about your speedo. Nice to hear your transponders are running well.

TryHard, thanks!! With the new BRCA no limit modified motor rule there may be a fair few more ESC's blowing up, I hasten to add not MRT's though. For those who continue to check out this thread I hope we can get across to people just why it is that MRT speedos are so good.

Once again I'm on my way out of the office so a more detailed reply to you both will have to wait another day, sorry.
Old 11-03-2004, 07:58 AM
Tech Fanatic

Big_G, it's a bit worrying that you cooked a speedo (whatever make it was) I assume it was being run over it's motor limit or you didn't run a heatsink to help keep it cool.

If the 'more info' you need is when is the MX available, I'm afraid the answer is not yet. Which means you'll have to get your old one fixed or use a backup speedo if you have one!
Old 11-08-2004, 08:17 AM
Tech Fanatic

Development continues to go well.

Here's a "spyshot" for those who are interested.
Attached Thumbnails New MRT ESC-mxspyshot.jpg  
Old 11-08-2004, 09:16 AM
Tech Initiate

ooooooooooooooooooo....... Interesting
Old 12-03-2004, 02:41 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default MX development

Just an update...

The team drivers involved with the early development work in the UK are very pleased with the MX and they have been reporting improved performance in all classes and with all motors. A larger group of team drivers are now getting their chance to run the MX. We are currently sending out pre-release versions but it will be a week or so before the majority will have been sent out.

The development of a totally new advanced ESC is an involved and lengthy process, we will not release the MX until everything has been tested and is peforming as we would like. Behind the scenes the next stages of development are proceeding to plan, the anticipated release date is early 2005. Further news and updates will be released via e-mail as they become available.
Old 01-08-2005, 05:19 PM
Tech Adept

Default Any News

Happy New Year Terry and MRT team
Any news to keep us going!
Old 01-11-2005, 03:14 PM
Tech Fanatic

Hi big_G, Happy New Year to you too.

The news is things are progressing but not as fast as we'd like, the MRT team are working hard on the MX but due to on-going developments with new cells and motors etc we want the MX to be as up to date with the new technology as possible. Some other competition ESC's on the market are now quite 'old tech' so you can guarantee when the MX is released it will be a leading-edge speedo and well worth waiting for!
Old 01-12-2005, 04:45 AM
Tech Initiate

Hello Terry,

this is quite an interesting thread. I'm quite eager to get my hands on one of the new MX's. I've been running the VX Pro for two years now without a single problem, so your MX should be a great speedo too.

David
Old 01-12-2005, 08:34 AM
Tech Fanatic

Hello David, thanks it's good to have the interest from so many people. We're very busy with development but right now it's time for me to leave the office!

Thanks we're sure the MX is a great speedo too!!
Old 02-27-2005, 01:51 PM
Tech Elite

Location: MOOD;; feeling good not racing ,saving shed loads of money,lovely Tan i have aswell

Bring this thread back up to speed

I am testing the MX had one last year but found a problem that it loses it`s calibration when running on Futaba HRS systems
got it back last week used at DMS 19T, weds 27t class & saturdat @ carpet wars in 27t , no problems at all now
It is diffenitly punchyer then the vx range,;;program 1 i like (dual active drive fre) for the stock motor`s, certainetly got some get up & go

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.