Serpent S411

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2011, 02:47 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default nize!!

Originally Posted by BCDK
Hi again.

See attached file. This time in English and I also added 48 pitch pinion.

Pitty, but I can't upload it as an Excel file. If I had, you could edit or change the value of the spur or pinion by yourself, and you would automatically have had the new gearing.

If anyone has a special wish for spur, pinion or even spring, feel free to post it, and I will see, if I can put it into a new sheet.

I like it as small as possible, as I allways have it on my desk. An A4 sheet is too big for me.

Regards Bjarne
many thanks bradir!!
Old 09-19-2011, 07:55 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Hey all...

Just built my second kit, and there have been a few small running changes to the kit. Here's a short list of what I have found.
  • Plastics are of a harder material, not the super flexy soft tamiya style arms that were in the original kit
  • Spur gear included!
  • Lower chassis plate has an extra hole drilled just under the motor mount in the milled area where the motor sits. I presume this mod is to get rid of debris that can gather in that corner.
  • Blades are definately improved. Not squishy soft like the original ones were, but sort of like a 'medium' hardness. Only time will tell how long this will last.
  • C-hubs and front knuckles fit together a lot better, a lot less slop on that area, no need to shim out the driveshafts to sit square in the knuckles.

Unfortunately, there is still a little bearing slop in the steering (which doesn't really bother me) and still no flat-spotted pins in the driveshaft CVs....
Old 09-19-2011, 09:41 AM
Tech Apprentice

I got rid of the steering slop.

1-Steering column. Put some .20 shims on the steering posts. On top of the column use a Pan head screw with a washer.

2-Steering Bridge. The biggest slop is from the steering bridge bearings. What I did to tighten it up is to put a drop of CA on the screw that goes into the bridge. This is the key to minimize the slop. Let CA glue dry before screwing in!

Originally Posted by The Teacher
Does anybody have a fix for the slop in the steering for this car? Ran my car for the first time yesterday and I must say it was absolutly undrivable. I have been racing for a long time and although I'm not a factory driver or anything I'm certain the car was built correct. When some of the super fast guys at my track looked at the car (specificly the steering) they said sell it...it's crap! I wouldn't feel bad if this was coming from other guys my skill level, but these were guys that have been in the "A" at many big events. Think they might know a little something. I don't understand how Serpent can get everything else right on the car and screw the steering to hell....
Old 09-19-2011, 11:10 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 97 (100%+)
Default FIRST TIME

HI GUYS,
I JUST RAN MY 411 AT MSI IN DETROIT MICHIGAN. YESTERDAY. FIRST TIME WITH IT RACING AND SECOND TIME ON A TRACK. THE FIRST TIME WAS ON A TRACK WITH NOOOO TRACTION SO IT DOESNT REALLY COUNT

I DID VERY WELL WITH IT CONSIDERING IT WAS MY FIRST TIME TO THE TRACK WITH A BRAND NEW CAR. FASTEST LAP WAS A 9.8, (MY FIRST RUN WAS A 10-9-11.2). THE AMAIN LEADER TURNED A 9.1. SO SOME WORK TO DO YET. BUT AGAIN LOTS OF "FIRSTS" GOING ON HERE.

MY SETUP WAS KIND OF A MIX BETWEEN A STOCK SET UP AND LITTLE THINGS I DID.

THE TRACK IS CARPET, AND HAD MEDIUM/MED-HIGH TRACTION.

HERE'S A COUPLE THINGS I DID TO THE CAR:
-TOOK OUT THAT SINGLE SCREW ON THE UPPER DECK ALMOST RIGHT IN FRONT OF THE MOTOR.
-DRAINED ALL BUT JUST A LITTLE 5K OIL OUT OF THE DIFF. HAS ABOUT 10 DROPS OF 5K OIL IN IT NOW. (JUST ENOUGH TO LUBE THE GEARS)
-1MM SHIMS UNDER ALL THE LOWER SHOCK ENDS (WHERE THE LOWER SHOCK SCREWS ONTO TO THE A-ARM BOLT)
-STOCK 50WT OIL AND SPRINGS ON ALL 4 TIRES.
-2MM SHIM UNDER INSIDE FRONT AND REAR BALL END
-4MM SHIM ON THE REAR HUBS
-NEGATIVE 3 DEGREES REAR CAMBER AND NEGATIVE 2 DEGREES FRONT
-FRONT SHOCK UPPER IN HOLE 3, REAR IN HOLE 4
-ALL SHOCKS IN HOLE 1 ON A-ARMS
-FRONT DOWNSTOP AT 6 REAR AT 5
-SWEEP 32 TIRES BRAND NEW ON RACE DAY. (NOT BROKE IN)
-P37 BODY

THATS IT. CAR IS OTHERWISE STOCK.

I WAS VERY PLEASED THAT ONLY A FEW THINGS MADE THE CAR FUN TO DRIVE. I THINK NEXT TIME IT WILL BE EVEN BETTER.
HOPE IT HELPS
Old 09-19-2011, 01:01 PM
Tech Adept

Hi all !

Here i've videos from the german nationals 2011 !

There was drivers like Marc Rheinard, Ronald Völker, Yannic Prümper and so on... so a highly skilled driverlevel on the nationals!

On the first Final, Marc has problems with his Motor, the sensor plate doesn't do his job!

On the second final, he shows all his skills ! He dominated the whole driver line up and was able to cool down a bit after 3-4 minutes to take this win easy!

the third final was great again - now he is german champion 2011 and all can see how great the serpent s411 performs!

Feel free to ask me, how he drives his car, which parts he used and so on

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

+ YouTube Video
Old 09-19-2011, 02:06 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Good Show !
Old 09-19-2011, 03:23 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

Originally Posted by #iZzy
Hi all !

There was drivers like Marc Rheinard, Ronald Völker, Yannic Prümper and so on... so a highly skilled driverlevel on the nationals!

On the first Final, Marc has problems with his Motor, the sensor plate doesn't do his job!

On the second final, he shows all his skills ! He dominated the whole driver line up and was able to cool down a bit after 3-4 minutes to take this win easy!

the third final was great again - now he is german champion 2011 and all can see how great the serpent s411 performs!

Will he share his set-up on the serpent site? What option parts were used?
Old 09-19-2011, 07:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

I guess he likes the new car.
Old 09-20-2011, 04:33 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hi all !

+ YouTube Video

+ YouTube Video

+ YouTube Video

Hello #iZzy,

Thanks for the vids!!!

I've 2 questions:
-Do you know if Marc uses the std rear 1.4 stabilizer antiroll bar? Or a longer one (as it is installed as the BD5 one)
-Do you know if he uses std 3 holes pistons or if he drilled them at 1.1mm as the other cars???

Thanks in advance.
Old 09-20-2011, 04:33 AM
Tech Fanatic

http://www.serpent.com/product/400005/setups/

Fischer German Nats 11 set-up!
Old 09-20-2011, 05:19 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Amusing.... So many similarities to mine...
Old 09-20-2011, 05:46 AM
Tech Adept

Race Report and Setup is now available on the Serpent Website.

@ Hugo !
He used the Standard 1.4 Rollbar, but long mounted on the wishbone (no special option part, here you can use any stabi mounting)

Shock's are fully stock - no pistons drilled, they're default pistons!

@Jamison
Setup is already available and there you find the informations, which parts he used.

BTW:
No need of other Shocks or Gear-Diffs (Like someone build in Xray Gear-Diffs). Marc used on every car tamiya shocks, but he loves the serpent shocks now more then the Tamiyas. Easy Maintenance, no air bubbles, same rebound on every build and not leaky .. and the Gear-Diffs are working very very good, in every car of our serpent team on the nationals. Defintive no need for other Gear-Diffs!

If more informations are needed for u serpent guys, feel free to ask me
Old 09-20-2011, 05:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

car looks very good
Old 09-20-2011, 06:07 AM
Tech Adept

Race Report and Setup is now available on the Serpent Website.

@ Hugo !
He used the Standard 1.4 Rollbar, but long mounted on the wishbone (no special option part, here you can use any stabi mounting)

Shock's are fully stock - no pistons drilled, they're default pistons!

@Jamison
Setup is already available and there you find the informations, which parts he used.

BTW:
No need of other Shocks or Gear-Diffs (Like someone build in Xray Gear-Diffs). Marc used on every car tamiya shocks, but he loves the serpent shocks now more then the Tamiyas. Easy Maintenance, no air bubbles, same rebound on every build and not leaky .. and the Gear-Diffs are working very very good, in every car of our serpent team on the nationals. Defintive no need for other Gear-Diffs!

If more informations are needed for u serpent guys, feel free to ask me
i have some questions,
1: what brand of oil is marc using both for dampers and for the geardiff.
2: how much oil is he using in the geardiff
Old 09-20-2011, 06:13 AM
Tech Adept

Xceed 500 in Front and 450 in Rear, Geardiff also Xceed.

Oil is maximum ... full :>

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.