Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree16Likes

Serpent S411

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2013, 09:44 AM
Tech Adept

Normally Marc is use the inner hole (longest links) in front and rear but at the last ets he used the outer hole (short links).

with short links u raise a bit the rollcenter, so you have a bit less chassis roll. u have more camber gain, too.
Old 12-11-2013, 11:19 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Holmenkollen
Would this setup work with a mod motor?
See below.

Originally Posted by #iZzy
This works? I see, u are using Anti-Dive which will result in less steering in combination with such high camber links. pretty sure, you gain positive camber while cornering with a low CG which results in a massive rolling car. normally, your car will push all the way.

Can you explain what changed with the higher viscosity in the front shocks?
I find the car has lots of "nose" steering already, so in a higher traction track where cars start rolling over, having a car that pushes isn't necessarily a bad thing. The Anti-dive I have found never really effects the turning of the car, but it does help settle the back of the car down.

For a Mod car, I would consider a wheel base change and probably drop a few of the inner spacers depending on the track layout and how tight it is.

All shocks are set for zero rebound, shock caps drilled, Tamiya bladders. The oil used helped settle the front wheels down, in this case, this is what the car seemed to want for the spring/oil combination, all about the feel of the car to me. If thats what your asking.
Old 12-11-2013, 11:23 AM
Tech Fanatic

ARC pulley's and differential!

Spool and diff are direct fit but the 19T shaft pulley's have to be modified they are to wide and the hole for the pin is too shallow.

Diff housing and o-rings from ARC internals and out drives Serpent, 0% leaking and smooth action!

Hole thing works really good
Attached Thumbnails Serpent S411-62.jpg   Serpent S411-63.jpg   Serpent S411-66.jpg   Serpent S411-67.jpg  
Old 12-11-2013, 11:29 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Johnny Wishbone
See below.

I find the car has lots of "nose" steering already, so in a higher traction track where cars start rolling over, having a car that pushes isn't necessarily a bad thing. The Anti-dive I have found never really effects the turning of the car, but it does help settle the back of the car down.

For a Mod car, I would consider a wheel base change and probably drop a few of the inner spacers depending on the track layout and how tight it is.

All shocks are set for zero rebound, shock caps drilled, Tamiya bladders. The oil used helped settle the front wheels down, in this case, this is what the car seemed to want for the spring/oil combination, all about the feel of the car to me. If thats what your asking.
That's funny, I was trying to find more steering all weekend I'll get my setups posted soon.
Old 12-11-2013, 12:06 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Steve S
That's funny, I was trying to find more steering all weekend I'll get my setups posted soon.

Steve, I should have got you to try my car(s) out, not sure why, but every person that runs mine says it has fast turn in. I would love to try yours one time to see the difference. Can't argue with you since your winning the races.

It will be interesting to see how different the setups are.
Old 12-11-2013, 12:09 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Geberit
ARC pulley's and differential!

Spool and diff are direct fit but the 19T shaft pulley's have to be modified they are to wide and the hole for the pin is too shallow.

Diff housing and o-rings from ARC internals and out drives Serpent, 0% leaking and smooth action!

Hole thing works really good
Do you have to change the pulleys? Whats the advantage to going to this over just using the ARC o-rings in the stock Serpent diff housing?
Old 12-11-2013, 12:13 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

We should definitely swap cars. I plan to be out in Regina, but probably not Victoria.

I was pretty happy with the car. I was glad the back end was planted on the low-grip rug, but I felt like I could have gotten through the middle section a little faster with a bit more front grip. Not a serious problem obviously, just chasing that last 0.1s
Old 12-11-2013, 01:00 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Johnny Wishbone
Do you have to change the pulleys? Whats the advantage to going to this over just using the ARC o-rings in the stock Serpent diff housing?
You don't need to change the pulley's.

I did it more for a practical reason then performance wise.

- I can easily spot dirt/rubber that got caught in the teeth
- the plastic is harder so it's harder to over tighten the screws on the diff
- Don't need to use Phillips driver on the diff screws, now I use 1.5mm hex driver. You can't just use this screws on the original diff housing since the thread is smaller and the plastic is not so hard and you over tighten it easily
- I can write on the diff housing with a pen the oil weight

And it really does run a little smoother then the original parts since the surface is harder and smoother.
Old 12-12-2013, 01:19 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default I need longer pivotball shaft

Does anyone know the part number for longer pivotball shaft other than the SER411187 (stock part for Eryx)?

Thanks,

Andy
Old 12-12-2013, 01:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

After a 3 year vacation from the hobby I'm jumping back on the saddle. Does the V3 motor mount fit the S411? Thanks in advance
Old 12-12-2013, 11:07 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by dawgmeat
After a 3 year vacation from the hobby I'm jumping back on the saddle. Does the V3 motor mount fit the S411? Thanks in advance
Welcome back!

As far as I know there is no difference on the mounting to chassie and top plate on the V3 motormount compared to the monomotormount that first came out as optionpart. I have used that on my S411 in the past. I would imagine it fits like a glove :-)
Old 12-13-2013, 03:19 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Yep V3 mount fits all the 411's
Old 12-13-2013, 09:50 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dan_vector
Yep V3 mount fits all the 411's

Are these in stock anywhere in the US?

Thanks,

Jim
Old 12-13-2013, 09:50 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by bassman2
Does anyone know the part number for longer pivotball shaft other than the SER411187 (stock part for Eryx)?

Thanks,

Andy
I have never found a longer one than the one you listed, but you could get the 411253 ball and 110117 long setscrew, which can get you a longer combination. If you need more I think you'll have to go aftermarket for a longer setscrew. I run the Xray ball which is not threaded and then just run a long screw thru it and set height with spacers, just making sure the screw doesn't hit the outdrive underneath. The only thing is the Xray stuff is 4.9mm so you'd have to change the plastic cup as well. Serpent is 4.5 and I haven't had much luck finding really long parts, maybe Tamiya?

Ditto, welcome back. It will fit with no issues, and seems to be the prefered mount now, also saves on spur gears if your running really flexi setups.
Old 12-13-2013, 09:56 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Jim Frahm
Are these in stock anywhere in the US?

Thanks,

Jim
The say they are in stock here.

http://www.serpentamerica.com/shop/s...=search&page=1

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.