Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2012, 04:51 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (96%+)

Not 100% but I think the Top Photon strap works
Old 04-30-2012, 09:45 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Man I really like this car now if my luck would change just a bit, things would be fantastic.
Old 04-30-2012, 01:42 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default testing with the new Team Edition

So I finally had some time to do some testing with the team edition. I ended up running only one serpent o ring and one blue yokomo o ring (instead of 2 serpent o rings) inside the shock to reduce the friction. I also experimented with the 4 hole piston and 30w oil. I need to do some more testing for comparison sake, but I did find that combination to work fairly well. I think the best solution will be to run just one serpent o ring and add some plastic spacers to take up the room left void from removing the other o ring....will have to test that.

I also tested the exotek flex chassis. My testing results are not really valid though as I noticed when switching back to the normal chassis that I was missing a screw in the upper deck by the spur. This would likely explain why the exotek chassis was turning more abruptly on power one way than the other way. ooooppss.

There is nothing like driving a new car...everything is sooo quiet

Cheers.
Old 04-30-2012, 02:34 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Martin Crisp
So I finally had some time to do some testing with the team edition. I ended up running only one serpent o ring and one blue yokomo o ring (instead of 2 serpent o rings) inside the shock to reduce the friction. I also experimented with the 4 hole piston and 30w oil. I need to do some more testing for comparison sake, but I did find that combination to work fairly well. I think the best solution will be to run just one serpent o ring and add some plastic spacers to take up the room left void from removing the other o ring....will have to test that.

I also tested the exotek flex chassis. My testing results are not really valid though as I noticed when switching back to the normal chassis that I was missing a screw in the upper deck by the spur. This would likely explain why the exotek chassis was turning more abruptly on power one way than the other way. ooooppss.

Cheers.
Hey Martin

We need to find a way to get you out here on the westcoast (Victoria and Vancouver ) I think you will be pleasantly pleased with the competition level out here .
I know that you have probably met keith from ocra and possibly Blake from Victoria . I think it would be a great way to promote the car . Maybe we could even get you in to a nitro touring car one day . Keep up the great work the info you provide really helps .

Last edited by fasteddie d; 04-30-2012 at 06:29 PM.
Old 05-02-2012, 01:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)

Originally Posted by Martin Crisp
So I finally had some time to do some testing with the team edition.

Cheers.
Martin, Have you tested running the diffs in high and low positions? if so what were your findings?
Old 05-02-2012, 07:39 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Looking forward to getting this car onto the tarmac tracks this summer. Last year - with less experience on the car, it seemed very planted. Learning what I have over the winter with the S411 - I can't wait to see what it will be like.
Old 05-03-2012, 06:23 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 97 (100%+)
Default I need hep

ANYONE HAVE ANY S400 PARTS? I NEED A DIFF AND SPOOL. 411 INERDS WONT FIT.

OR DOES ANYONE KNOW IF THE TAMIYA 415 PARTS FIT IN THE S400.

IF NOT CAN YOU POINT ME TOWARD A WEBSITE THAT WILL HAVE WHAT I NEED.......

MUCHAS GRACIAS.

Last edited by BAD007SUZUKI; 05-03-2012 at 07:27 AM.
Old 05-03-2012, 02:47 PM
Tech Initiate

Is there some kickup or anti dive when u build the car from the box ?

And when i will lower the front rollcenter with 1mm , can remove the spacer from 1mm , and place 3mm shims instead of the 4mm shims ?
Old 05-03-2012, 03:05 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

No there is no anti-dive or kick up in the box setup.. Yes if you remove the 1mm shim from under the front block you will need to remove the 4mm shims and install 3mm..Hope that answers your question..
Old 05-03-2012, 03:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NUCRPTRACER
No there is no anti-dive or kick up in the box setup.. Yes if you remove the 1mm shim from under the front block you will need to remove the 4mm shims and install 3mm..Hope that answers your question..
I always run the 3mm spacers and then change lower roll center with shims, this way you don't have to fight with the screws, spacers and suspension mount. This makes it really fast and easy to change.
Old 05-03-2012, 05:08 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Johnny Wishbone
I always run the 3mm spacers and then change lower roll center with shims, this way you don't have to fight with the screws, spacers and suspension mount. This makes it really fast and easy to change.
Good point!
Old 05-03-2012, 08:21 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BAD007SUZUKI
ANYONE HAVE ANY S400 PARTS? I NEED A DIFF AND SPOOL. 411 INERDS WONT FIT.

OR DOES ANYONE KNOW IF THE TAMIYA 415 PARTS FIT IN THE S400.

IF NOT CAN YOU POINT ME TOWARD A WEBSITE THAT WILL HAVE WHAT I NEED.......

MUCHAS GRACIAS.
Try http://www.inhobby.com

Not really an online shop but one of the oldest RC shops in China so they may be able to help. Last time I was in there 2-3 months ago I noticed they are pushing Serpent more and more... Lam, the owner speaks English so he will be the best one to talk to. They have an S400 listed for sale on their Taobao page so should have parts as well.

Inhobby run a decent onroad track close to the metro if anyone is keen to bring their car to Guangzhou.... They have a 1/8th offroad track as well in the same complex which is brutal.
Old 05-03-2012, 08:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 97 (100%+)
Default THX

THANKS FOR THE INPUT. I LOOKED AT THE WEBSITE. IT KINDA SUCKED THAT EVERY PAGE HAD TO BE TRANSLATED. BUT NONE THE LESS. WILL HE SHIP TO THE US? I'D PREFER TO PAY FOR MY ITEMS FROM HIM VIA PAYPAL. IS THAT POSSIBLE WITH HIM? IM DEFINATELY INTERESTED IN A COMPLETE S400 KIT. MAYBE PARTS AS WELL. LET ME KNOW. THANKS AGAIN. PM ME IF POSSIBLE SO WE DONT TIE UP THE 411 THREAD.

Originally Posted by renjie
Try http://www.inhobby.com

Not really an online shop but one of the oldest RC shops in China so they may be able to help. Last time I was in there 2-3 months ago I noticed they are pushing Serpent more and more... Lam, the owner speaks English so he will be the best one to talk to. They have an S400 listed for sale on their Taobao page so should have parts as well.

Inhobby run a decent onroad track close to the metro if anyone is keen to bring their car to Guangzhou.... They have a 1/8th offroad track as well in the same complex which is brutal.
Old 05-04-2012, 02:32 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by NUCRPTRACER
Yes man , thankx.

@Johnny , dont really get it , u only use spacers below the brackets and no shims below the rear bracket in the front ?
Old 05-04-2012, 03:28 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I think what Johnny means is that instead of using the 4mm spacers he uses 3mm spacers + a 1mm slide in shim. This means that roll centre changes can be made by easily removing the sliding shim rather than unscrewing the whole front end to change the spacer length.

Simon

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.