Search

Novak GTX

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2004, 10:26 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I agree with you 100%

Originally posted by GundamWZero
Good now that I have a rep here.....explain some things a little clearer......

Why race the speedos at Nationals? You know what I mean. I am not trying to bash Novak......like I said before I own quite a few of their products. I know that R&D is done elsewhere and most, if not all, of the bugs are already eliminated. So when Novak introduce these top-of-the line speedos at sanctioned events, before you sell them to the public, you call that product testing? Why not just build you own testing facility to test your speedos? As far as I understood the GTX dominated a few events before it was released.....what, the old ones weren't good enough? Look, I can't drive worth a lick compared to your sponsered drivers, but at least give the local racer a bit more of a playing field when they are trying to attain a big win. Heck, I know that the major automotive companies won't put an untested race car on the track for a race without first working out all the problems at their own facility. You can either PM or e-mail me to discuss this further. Like one said, this isn't a bashing thread and I don't want it that way. But in my eyes, this is cheating and I hope you can convince me otherwise.
Old 09-08-2004, 05:19 PM
Tech Addict

i'm today have see GTX
it smaller
packing black paper box
Old 09-08-2004, 07:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

403forbidden- A speedcontrol in itself alone, doesnt win alone man. Its all driving. A new speedo only helps.
Old 09-08-2004, 07:26 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Yes I understand that.

But it is rediculous to say that "it is ok for the sponsored drivers to use equipment not available to the public because the sponsored driver would win anyway. "

By that logic, why dont we just let the big sponsored drivers run modified motors in stock class? Afterall, the sponsored driver would win anyway right?

Look, I don't care if Novak or any other company gives its sponsored drivers equipment not yet available to the public. Novak and any other company has the right to do with it's products as it pleases.

I do have a problem however with ROAR and other organizations that allow racers to compete with equipment that is not available to the general public.

Someone previously said that the top sponored drivers are "in a league of their own." Yes I agree that is true. However, since those drivers are in a league of their own, why the hell are they allowed to compete in a league where the rest of us commn folk compete? Those sponsored drivers should be limited to competing in "invitation only" type races if they insist that they're only using "prototype" products to test them out before mass distribution. If they want to compete with the rest of us regular hobbiests, they should be only allowed to race with equipment that is available to us hobbiests.

Originally posted by Corey Bernardo
403forbidden- A speedcontrol in itself alone, doesnt win alone man. Its all driving. A new speedo only helps.
Old 09-08-2004, 07:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Old 09-08-2004, 08:28 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

here we go again
Old 09-08-2004, 08:31 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I gave up so I'm not going to start retyping the same things over again.
Old 09-08-2004, 08:39 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Me too.
Old 09-08-2004, 08:41 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

So is this thing out yet? I see people on here saying that one is on the way. But no shop has one.
Old 09-08-2004, 09:29 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

We are getting ours on Friday of this week.

Kraig
KT Hobbies
Old 09-08-2004, 10:54 PM
R/C Tech Founder

I scoped the GTX last week for XRC. It's really an improvement over the GT7, much smaller and with all the performance. Like Charlie said, the specs are not any worse than any other ESC out there, it is just ratings on the internal components. I wrote a column on how power supplies work and went over the same stuff... no R/C company is going to design their own diode or transistor, they are just using commercially available components and printing their own boards. That kind of research is much more science-driven.

My only concern with the GTX is the lights and one-touch button on the side of the case instead of the top. To me that's a design no-no. But it doesn't diminish the ESC's effectiveness one bit.

And please, please, drop this inane debate about sponsored drivers using pre-production ESCs and such.
Old 09-08-2004, 11:51 PM
Tech Master

Are they still ranting on about works drivers testing products for us.

What do you think is the reason Associated employ people like Barry Baker for, and Losi employ people like Kinwald.

We ought to be thankful.

Fortunately Novak are the same. I remember the days Tyree Phillips was with Novak. He was a racer. He was so knowlwdgeable and so helpful. Now Novak have Charlie and Steve. Both really know what they are talking about and are always here to help us.

Let's thank them instead of complaining.

I wonder why more and more of the World's top drivers are changing to Novak. Must be something in it !
Old 09-09-2004, 06:12 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Anti-Glitch Circuitry

Does any one know how the Anit-Glitch works?
Old 09-09-2004, 07:49 AM
Tech Addict

yes he is sponsored driver
Old 09-09-2004, 09:03 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hi Guys,

The GTX are due in this Friday, those that have pre-ordered (thank you) yours will be shipped out the same day. We do still have a few more left for pre-order, so if you're on the market for a new speedo, this is one that's worth serious consideration

Steve Wang

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.