Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Yokomo CGM

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2004, 09:22 PM

Originally posted by Midnight
Are we living in such a back woods society that we have to have social permission to post on this website.
no, but we are living in a in your face society that thinks just cuze i want it i should have it. i'm sure your familar with the term band width. why waste it. although there are 300 plus pages on the sd thread don't feel you have to read it all just to find a anwser. i recently got a ssg (used) and then the cgm (new) i had questions and no way was i going to read all 300 plus pages. don't worry about asking a question that might have already been asked a couple times before. i didn't, and still don't. i think all everyone else was saying is,, its just easier for you to get your questions answered if you go to the thread that is already being used by those that can answer your questions. in fact in the first responce it was stated," i'm not the thread police." and johnbull and matt seem to have the car figured out. so any advice they give comes from a good place, even on starting a new thread. anyway its your choice.
Old 08-02-2004, 11:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 87 (100%+)

Just curious as to why everyone is so opposed to a seperate thread. CGM is very different. You have to read through tons of pages just to find one post pertinent to CGM. Maybe it wouldn't be so cluttered if you didn't post 20 replies opposing a new thread. We understand that we will be missing the expert advice in the SD thread but that is a risk we are willing to take in order to cut down on the amount of time weeding through posts to find CGM info. Thank you for your concern, but we can fin for ourselves. Most newcomers would probably be afraid to post after all the complaints they have read in this thread, and I don't think that is what we want. We want to attract as many people to the sport as possible.
Old 08-02-2004, 11:25 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

No one's going to ignore you for starting this thread. It's just that if you look, there's the xxx-s thread and not a xxx-s G+ thread, a xray t1 thread and not one of the many variants of that car, a tc3 thread and not a factory team tc3 thread and so on. Yes the CGM is alittle heavier and quite a bit stiffer than the SSG or Black special but I haven't found any setup that worked on the SSG that didn't work on the CGM. I think this has kinda turned into a "i'm not gonna back down" kinda thing so if you have any question's go ahead and ask, but IMHO this thread is too "specialized" while the SD thread covers everything.
Old 08-03-2004, 01:09 AM
Tech Master

My sentiments exactly Matt.

It would be nice if we could have a main page - subject Yokomo followed by a sub page with the model you want info about - YR4, MR4, GT4, YZ10, etc. Then sub devide each again into subjects - suspension, gearing, chassis, shocks, drive train, tyres, etc.

But I don't suppose that's possible, not knowing much about computers, so let's accept rctech as it is. At the end of the day I think we all agree that we haven't found a better forum, and i don't think we will.

As for my own personal opinion, whilst I would be happier just reading through one Yoke thread, I will be perfectly happy to help any RC enthusiasts, whatever the subject and wherever they write, so long as it's something I know the answer to.
Old 08-03-2004, 02:10 AM
tornado

Actually it is very possible John.......but whether the boys at the Tech willing to do this or not.......huh huh huh huh ....hint hint

Bryan

Old 08-05-2004, 08:39 PM
Tech Regular

well i spent a day at the track tuning.
6.5 droop front rayspeed springs (white)
5.5 droop rear rayspeed springs (yellow)
you have to buy the rayspeed lower spring retainers
also the kit comes with a 1degree offset front knuckle for that trailing effect. seemed a little twitchy to me. yokomo has a zero degree knuckle. this seem to smooth out the steering.
it was recommened to me to try 40 weight oil next.
this setup was way better than stock for me. i think we can still get it better. i did not have to try shimming the rear pivot block yet (front one, in the rear)
i also moved the front shock in one hole on the bottom to get the right droop. and one in on the rear lower arm also.
Old 08-05-2004, 09:19 PM
Tech Elite

Have you ever tried running 1 less droop on the left than the right in the rear. You can also put sway bars on to calm it down some. My car was real twitchy last weekend and Kyle Skidmore told me to put the sway bars on and it sure enough calm down.
Old 08-05-2004, 09:27 PM
tornado

Wot surface you're running on ?

Bryan

Old 08-06-2004, 06:20 AM
Tech Elite

Prepared concrete that they sprayed with WD 40. Its very high traction. I had to turn my dual rate down to 55 keep from traction rolling. The only bad thing is that its not climate controlled so it changes through out the day.
Old 08-06-2004, 07:42 AM
Tech Master

Very high is not the correct term Midnight. Massive,no slip, weird traction is more like it. I have ran on carpet and this surface has more traction than carpet. With carpet your tires will slip slightly but on this stuff you have NO tire slip, its a flip or a violent spin out/pin or an extremely FAST corner that might even be on two tires. Thing is you cannot stiffen the springs to a carpet setup because the rubber tires will not handle them. The line between traction roll and super low lap times are only a couple percent on the steering throw, .5 mm ride height, .5mm droop adjustment, etc away.
Old 08-06-2004, 08:48 AM
Tech Elite

Thanks for correcting me Doug! I have never raced on carpet so I dont have any idea of how to set up a car for carpet. I guess since we got you here, you can help answer the questions as they are being posted.
Old 08-06-2004, 10:04 AM
Tech Master

I was only trying to add some information and a little laugh at the same time. Sorry.
Old 08-06-2004, 10:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Midnight- What setup have you found to work on the CGM at Enid? I had some good luck at tiems there with mine and would be interested in what you are running.

Doug- Wanna go see Hutch's new track tonight...I got the pass to go. We could leave after you get off work! Call Me.

Jeff
Old 08-06-2004, 11:40 AM
Tech Elite

Doug Im not tripping, I was just joking around! Jeff Im running orange on the front and green on the rear with 4.5 ride height, and 6 droop off the arm and 5 on the right and 4 on the left droop in the rear. I start off with out the sway bars but by 3rd heat I put them back on b/c of the traction. 40 wt shock oil all the way around with a 100 spur 35 pin 64 pitch.
Old 08-06-2004, 04:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default CGM "Pimp my ride Edition" pics coming Saturday

My car has every hop-up known to man, will post pic after the race at Hobbytown USA this Saturday.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.