Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2011, 07:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)

21.5 no timing and no 17.5 boosted.
Old 01-07-2011, 07:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Guys the 21.5 class for the nats was the class that time zone decided on running as there extra class.
Old 01-07-2011, 07:33 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
It does take a few days to get approved and using anything other than your real name slows it down. You will only be able to use your real name on there to prevent any unneeded drama. LOL

EA
NO.. I used my real name and member number to sign up, I decided to use a different screen name in skypilot. are you saying my screen name and real name need to match? cause when I look at the members list I'm seeing screen names along with member names.
Old 01-07-2011, 08:27 PM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by skypilot
NO.. I used my real name and member number to sign up, I decided to use a different screen name in skypilot. are you saying my screen name and real name need to match? cause when I look at the members list I'm seeing screen names along with member names.
At one point I was told that your screen name and real name had to match. Maybe they decided against it since they were verifying everyone with membership numbers anyway but I do not know for sure. I'll see if I can get an answer for you Ritchie.

EA
Old 01-07-2011, 08:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ed517
went on ROARs web site to sign up and.....wtf 17.5 tc is non ramping!!!! please tell me this is a typ-o!!!!

17.5 non ramping has been very competitive class all over the NW this winter. No worries there, even on this big track. Fun class.

21.5 will be interesting. Where do they (or who) run that class at? So maybe should some of us slower local guys buy 21.5's and start racing them or stay 17.5?.... hmmmm..

Will there be hand out motor's/tires for the event?

going to be a great event.
Old 01-07-2011, 08:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dumper
HAHAHAHAHAHa

When we went for the TimeZone GP earlier this year, it rained non stop the whole time we were there. After the race, while we were packing up our equipment, someone yelled out " Hey the sun is out!"....So we walked over to the door and sure enough the sun was out.....But it was still pouring!!

I don't always bring scuba gear to the RC races, but when I go to TimeZone I do!
Will it be pink flippers at nats then?
Old 01-07-2011, 09:43 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Al Sodano
Same here.....

We are very interested in the classes.We are hosting the paved nats in july.
Our biggest class last year was 13.5 boosted!!

Our track is 70 x 150 21.5 non boosted wow!!!!
Unbelievable - You are hosting the Paved Nationals and they haven't even contacted you in regard to the changes in classes and how that fits your track accomodations. Can you say "Asleep at The Wheel"? We are the membership, you are the event hosts, if they're not providing the racing all of us want to partake in, wtf are they doing?
Old 01-07-2011, 09:50 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

And what are the spec tires for WGT at the Carpet Nats? Decided? Thanks.
Old 01-07-2011, 10:01 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

wgt will run the losi taper pins, pink compound I believe and....... oh wait.... wrong thread

come on up Bill, drinks on me.
Old 01-07-2011, 10:20 PM
Team EAM

Originally Posted by VRacing
Unbelievable - You are hosting the Paved Nationals and they haven't even contacted you in regard to the changes in classes and how that fits your track accomodations. Can you say "Asleep at The Wheel"? We are the membership, you are the event hosts, if they're not providing the racing all of us want to partake in, wtf are they doing?
I just LOVE how you took his simple sentence and introduced your own conclusion and turned it completely around. Asleep at the wheel? HELL NO....I myself have talked to Al a few times via Phone as well as Ron Shurr and we are working on it with AL and the rest of the EXCOM about the classes.

I guess you guys just think ROAR sits around and draws paper out of a hat to see what the hell we are going to try and screw you out of next.....Fact is Ive talked to about 5 guys in the last few hours about this stuff to get RACERS and TRACK OWNERS opinions on what THEY want to see in the future. My email has been posted here and its on the ROAR web site. Anytime you want to talk or have suggestions feel free...but guess what youd rather come on here and bitch behind a screen name...like most others do as well.

Its not something that any of us take lightly as pretty much all of ROAR are racers too now....Weather it be off road, on road or nitro. We are not idiots as you are trying to make us out to be on a few different threads now. We are not out to kill racing or make you and others spend more money. We want to try and offer the best classes for everyone around the US for all types of racers from newby's to pro's. Is it going to make everyone happy? NO and never will and not going to try.

I'll go ahead and put it on here for everyone to read....If I get kicked out of ROAR so be it but Fact of the matter is yes ROAR is considering making the Stock class for 2012 21.5. Is it in stone...most deff not but it is something being considered. Time zone wanted to run VTA or a slower class than 17.5 and liked the idea of having the "sportsman" or "amateur" or slow class or whatever you want to call it being 21.5 as its something they already have there in place. HOST for the nats are allowed to submit for a "Track Option" class. We figured if they want to run it why not test the waters so to speak and see how it works out. Or would you rather ROAR just go ahead and make 21.5 THE stock class for next year without ever trying, asking or mentioning it???

You know I have learned over the years that racers always seem to think they KNOW what they WANT in racing but usually realize after its to late that it probably wasnt the right thing to do......

IMO as a racer I would much rather something be tested like this now than change the class for 2012 and then we are stuck with it even if it dont work.

Flame suit on so bring it!

And my email is [email protected] for anyone with suggestions, grips, complaints, deaththreats or what ever!

EA
Old 01-07-2011, 10:29 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by skypilot
wgt will run the losi taper pins, pink compound I believe and....... oh wait.... wrong thread

come on up Bill, drinks on me.
Challenging! But, I already ran a TC using taper pins on a gym floor in Scotland a few years ago; so, it's a tad passe. Drift racing at its finest!

More than one drink should get me started up pretty well. I'm already entered as long as they can match my first names!!! LOL
Old 01-07-2011, 10:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)
Default driver stand

What is ROAR going to do the tracks that dont have wheelchair friendly driver's stands. It's a rule and they dont enforce it . LIR in New York is hosting a ROAR regional race and says they wont have a wheelchair friendly driver's stand. Is Jackson Raceway, 2011 on-road National going to have to revamp their driver's stand?

Whats up EA?
Old 01-07-2011, 10:49 PM
Team EAM

Originally Posted by bigb11
What is ROAR going to do the tracks that dont have wheelchair friendly driver's stands. It's a rule and they dont enforce it . LIR in New York is hosting a ROAR regional race and says they wont have a wheelchair friendly driver's stand. Is Jackson Raceway, 2011 on-road National going to have to revamp their driver's stand?

Whats up EA?
Hey Big B,

This would be something that the COMP director would have to answer to be 100% accurate but It is in the rule book and if there is someone that comes to race that is handicapped in any way then the track MUST provide them with some sort of handicap accessible stand for the race. I will see if I can get an answer for you.

Just out of curiosity are you or someone you know in a wheel chair? Just wanting to know if you know now its going to be an issue or a what if scenario.

Thanks
EA
Old 01-07-2011, 11:04 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

I'll go ahead and put it on here for everyone to read....If I get kicked out of ROAR so be it but Fact of the matter is yes ROAR is considering making the Stock class for 2012 21.5. Is it in stone...most deff not but it is something being considered. Time zone wanted to run VTA or a slower class than 17.5 and liked the idea of having the "sportsman" or "amateur" or slow class or whatever you want to call it being 21.5 as its something they already have there in place. HOST for the nats are allowed to submit for a "Track Option" class. We figured if they want to run it why not test the waters so to speak and see how it works out. Or would you rather ROAR just go ahead and make 21.5 THE stock class for next year without ever trying, asking or mentioning it???

EA
+1
Old 01-07-2011, 11:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

Hey Big B,

This would be something that the COMP director would have to answer to be 100% accurate but It is in the rule book and if there is someone that comes to race that is handicapped in any way then the track MUST provide them with some sort of handicap accessible stand for the race. I will see if I can get an answer for you.

Just out of curiosity are you or someone you know in a wheel chair? Just wanting to know if you know now its going to be an issue or a what if scenario.

Thanks
EA

I am in a wheelchair and race when I can find a track that has a ramp or you can drive from the ground. racing 20+ years.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.