Team Corally RDX Touring Car

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Corally RDX Touring Car

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2005, 03:14 PM
Tech Fanatic

I thought the same thing because this thing just handles sooooo perfect and is just a dream to drive. Thanks for the confirmation on it though.
Old 02-14-2005, 06:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default Any word on the release date for carpet kit?

???

Thanks

Jamie
Old 02-14-2005, 07:03 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally posted by Brian McGreevy
Ray, why don't you try 4 degrees with the pins flat? It'll have more steering everywhere and will be smoother. Cuffs said he's running the 6 degree blocks, pins flat (that's what he said sometime during qualifying)
Been there-done that. It wasnt bad-but the 6 with antidive was better at the time. but set-ups evolve and you feel different thiings on the track as you change other things-you know how it goes. I dont know if the car needs antidive anymore-but I willl start with 4 w/ ant-dive and then maybe try 2 with flat pins. Our layout currently runs us over some ripples we didnt even know we had-so I need to adjust for that too. Fun-fun!!

Thanks,
Ray
Old 02-15-2005, 05:23 AM
Tech Regular

Ray.
If your track is a little rough,then you mite want to take out the antidive,Antidrive doesn't work that well on rough tracks.I would go to flat pins and try 2 degree caster's unless you have alot of onroad power section then i would go with 4 degree caster's..
Hope this helps..

Curtis may
Old 02-15-2005, 05:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally posted by CurtDawg
Ray.
If your track is a little rough,then you mite want to take out the antidive,Antidrive doesn't work that well on rough tracks.I would go to flat pins and try 2 degree caster's unless you have alot of onroad power section then i would go with 4 degree caster's..
Hope this helps..

Curtis may
I tried running flat arms and the bumps were still bad on the car...The car felt better with anti-dive / pro-squat in it..IMO!

Ray,

What do you think about drilled pistons? We've all tried softer springs but that seemed to make the car feel crappy...

Last edited by wannabee; 02-15-2005 at 06:42 AM.
Old 02-15-2005, 07:02 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by wannabee
I tried running flat arms and the bumps were still bad on the car...The car felt better with anti-dive / pro-squat in it..IMO!

Ray,

What do you think about drilled pistons? We've all tried softer springs but that seemed to make the car feel crappy...
Curt-thanks-I have a lot to try Thursday night it seems!! lol I toook out the pro-squat last night and went from 6 to 4 with antidive-thats where I'll start.

I need to buy the 8-ultra low roll center blocks next.

Kevin-I have the optional pistons. I could try them in the back with the same weight oil-I bet that'll totally smooth out the car over the bumps!!
Old 02-15-2005, 07:06 AM
Company Representative

Ray....

I believe every RDX at the Snowbirds ran the 1.3mm pistons with 60 or 70wt in the front with 40wt in the rear. It really planted the car through the bumpy sections.

For more steering we were running the optional low roll center blocks in the front and stock position in the rear.
Old 02-15-2005, 07:17 AM
Tech Champion

Well-dont it just figure all my shock oil and shock stand are at the track.

Thanks C-USA
Old 02-15-2005, 07:20 AM
Tech Regular

Kevin.
Now when you say it felt better,What did you mean.It turned more or it was smoother through the bumps?
When you take antidive out of the car it takes overall steering out of it...Just would like to know what you thought.Cause man your car has been really good the last few weeks

Curtis
Old 02-15-2005, 07:27 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

holy snap!

What up curt dawg! You runnin on road again? sweet! and an RDX?

Late

randy
Old 02-15-2005, 07:30 AM
Tech Elite

The car had an overall better feel thru the bumps and in the fast sweeping sections with pro-squat and anti-dive...

Nothing I did seemed to help with the bumpy sections (only tried one thing.lol)...

The car was as dialed up there as it is down here, which is perfect, and what I was looking for...

I think a little kick up would of been helpful...Maybe 2* caster and some kick-up...???
Old 02-15-2005, 07:36 AM
Tech Champion

Kevin-how is your rear diff? MIne got pretty gritty after Sunday-hence the reason I want to keep the rear end on the carpet more. I think it was lifting up as I could hear the car diffing sometimes. It was tight too-I tightened it up a further 1/8 turn knowing I was running 19t not stock.
Old 02-15-2005, 07:45 AM
Tech Regular

Randy
Whats up Bro? Long time no hear from..
Yep on the rug for good now..The RDX is an awesome car!.
If your thinking about running agian you should with a doubt get one of these unit's,Easy to drive and super smooth and fast.
Corally has really made a statement with this piece.Everyone that has got one has went faster with this car then any other.At least at are track...
Give me a call sometime..later
Curtis
Old 02-15-2005, 07:58 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Yeah I am hoping to race again very soon. Had to take some time off and buy a house. Now I got the house and starting to save up to purchase some new equipment. I will have to look into that RDX Hows that new carpet track in Columbus? Good competition?
Old 02-15-2005, 08:03 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by rayhuang
Kevin-how is your rear diff? MIne got pretty gritty after Sunday-hence the reason I want to keep the rear end on the carpet more. I think it was lifting up as I could hear the car diffing sometimes. It was tight too-I tightened it up a further 1/8 turn knowing I was running 19t not stock.
Mine got real gritty too, your right I'm sure we were diffing a ton...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.