Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Corally RDX Touring Car

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2006, 05:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Apex.. good news they did do a running change on the pistons. i rebuilt my shocks last night and happy to see 1.3 pistons, i havent opened them since i bought the kit back in march... from THE TRACK!! i know you just purchased yours recently.

yeah manual must be wrong.. but they are in there!!
Old 10-04-2006, 08:22 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

There's a tweak in my car that I can't seem to figure out. All the shocks are the same length and working beautifully. The suspension is free and undamaged. The chassis seems to be perfectly flat. But, when I get my droop and ride height all set, while the uptravel is the same on both sides, if I pick the car up and set it on a stand, the arms will drop lower from one side to the other. If the car is sitting on the board, and I press down on the front left corner, the right rear corner will actually lift a little bit. It doesn't happen when I press down on opposite corners. If I lift the car from the center of the chassis, the sides don't come off the ground evenly. The right side (which is a bit lighter) comes up much sooner. But, when I check my ride height and uptravel, they're exactly the same on each side.

I'm honestly perplexed. I've been using the car for almost two years now, and never had a problem like this. It actually seems to drive really well in spite of it, but it sure is unnerving. Actually, I thought the car handled better last night than it ever has. So strange.

Is there some common problem I might be missing that could be causing this? I haven't check for bent rear bulkheads yet, but to the eye, at least, they look okay. I'm basically running all the new parts, including arms and 2 hole rear hubs, etc.
Old 10-04-2006, 08:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

check the front bulkheads on a flat surface
Old 10-04-2006, 08:52 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Syndrome-bent hingepins is the only things that comes to mind.

Everyone-My RDX with rubber tire set-up is track ready. One question is the cars got a ton of bump-out. Do you any of you shim the ballstud on the steering levers or the spindles to get rid of it?

Ray
Old 10-04-2006, 09:11 AM
Tech Adept

I have the ball studs from the rear shock tower on the steering arms.

Peter
Old 10-04-2006, 10:05 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Pedro 51
I have the ball studs from the rear shock tower on the steering arms.

Peter

Thanks-I dont have any extra of those, but Ican shim down the short ballstud quite a bit since I am running the aluminum steering knuckles.

Now what did it do-or how did car feel different? Less initial and more exit?

Thanks,
Ray
Old 10-04-2006, 10:47 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Joel Lagace
I run rubber tires both takeoff cs22 and RP24 they both rub the front arms, i run the 75% hard original arms. ITs annoying for sure.
I assume you mean they rub at the corners when the wheel is turned? It is a common problem. Lots of people will agree with you and the rest will say it never happens to them and you must be smoking crack.
Old 10-04-2006, 11:19 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

It DEFINITELY happens on premount CS27's. It's a giant damn annoyance, too. Long live foam tires!
Old 10-04-2006, 11:28 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by syndr0me
It DEFINITELY happens on premount CS27's. It's a giant damn annoyance, too. Long live foam tires!
I set my turning cicrles to 5' and they dont hit the new arms. but at full throw they just hit. This is with the Vegas handout tires RP30's (?).

But you rubber tire guys run full mechanical throw all the time right?
Old 10-04-2006, 11:34 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Sushi Boy
If you put them where the front toe link mounts to the steering bellcranks it will move the inside of the toe link further down. This prevents the wheels becoming more toe'd out as the suspension is compressed. This will result in slightly smoother entry, and more mid-exit steering.

-Korey
Peter
Old 10-04-2006, 11:42 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Pedro 51
Peter
Got it-thanks for the link or repost or whatever you call it.
Old 10-04-2006, 12:22 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Has anyone run the new arms with the narrow rear hubs? How did it change the handling of the car?
Old 10-04-2006, 01:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

they rub at full lock left or right. EPA set so the steering knuckles get full lock against the c-hubs. No rubbing except for at full left and righ turn. Im reluctant to dial out more EPA to get rid of the rub as ill loose turning radious. Tight carpet track needs all the throw i get get.

Its not terrible a bent cvd offers way more vibration
Old 10-04-2006, 02:43 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Woood
Has anyone run the new arms with the narrow rear hubs? How did it change the handling of the car?
I ran narrow hubs at the IIC. These weren't the hubs with 2 holes at the bottom, they were the narrow hubs with one hingepin hole. If you run the hubs with the std. hex, they are similar to the offset hub that Losi has. It frees up the rear of the car. The key is using the standard hex, and possibly spacers depending on your tire. If you were to just run the hubs without spacing yourself back out to 190mm, you wouldn't have the same effect. You would probably get the car tighter.
Old 10-04-2006, 03:48 PM
Tech Champion

Jeff-thanks for the set-up tips we discussed and to Ertrachter for that dialed set-up!! I have never driven a rubber tire car llike this. my two last experiences was with a TB02 and a 415 and neither felt anything like this. My buds at the gate were even saying the car looked awesome. Then Goetz drove it three or four laps and went a very respectable 12.4 with it. Man, Goetz is such a wheel. Its only got 2 deg c-hubs and its twitchy turning in. I borrowed some 4 deg ones and will test again soon.

wow-I sure hope we get a rubber class at the Gate after the HC.

Amazing!!

Ray

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.