Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best ESC for stock onroad sedan?

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2004, 08:33 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default Best ESC for stock onroad sedan?

I am getting ready to buy a esc for my HPI pro 4 and I was wondering what everyone thinks is the best esc suited for this car and class. I have kind of narrowed it down to the LRP quantum comp 2 or the Keynce Rapida. I know the stats on the Keyence are unbeatable but do I need all that in sedan racing? The LRP is quite a bit cheaper and a little smaller.

And are there other esc's out there competitive with these 2? Just wanting some input from other racers. Let me know what you think.
Old 07-18-2004, 08:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Hi!

For stock Motor. Actually any will do. But you want the advantage of being light and having a punch and launch control!

Quantum Competition1 or 2 will be great, just break for 5 econds and as soon as you hit the throttle all the power goes to the motor===ZZZZzzzoooooom!

dunno if GT7 has it, if it does then its also a good choice!

Both GTZ and the QUANTUM Comps have a stock profile.

and if you could get your hands and in the LRP SR (stock Racing)
it's old but very good for the class u intend to join!
Old 07-18-2004, 08:54 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I have both Q2 and GT7 but i kinda like the GT7 more than the Q2. The Q2 kinda twitchs a bit in stock racing.
Old 07-18-2004, 10:48 AM
Tech Master

I personally like the GT7 and if you look at the race results you see the the GT7 has been winning alot.
Old 07-18-2004, 10:53 AM
Tech Master

Do NOT get a Quantom for stock unless you want to get smoked by the GT7's & the IPC's.....They don't put out enough AMPS for the motor to go full song
Old 07-18-2004, 11:47 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by The Black Kat
Do NOT get a Quantom for stock unless you want to get smoked by the GT7's & the IPC's.....They don't put out enough AMPS for the motor to go full song
The Quantum will handle any motor, stock or mod, and will do it just as good or better than any other speed control. Where did you get this info from?
Old 07-18-2004, 11:54 AM
Tech Elite

My vote goes for the keyence, I've had a keyence for 2 years and I havn't had any trouble with it at all. I've seen novak and lrp's go up in smoke so I'm not a fan of either brand.
Old 07-18-2004, 11:56 AM
Tech Champion

I've used a Keyence too and it is really nice but it might be alittle too much info and settings for someone new. setting it up is a pain in the butt.
Old 07-18-2004, 11:56 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

All the top ESC are good for Stock racing. LRP,Novak,Keyence, GM, I would say that any of them are fine for your application. Just get what fits in your chassis and your budget best.

Heck, I know a couple people with a Duratrax Intellispeed 8t and that seems like a great speedo for the money
Old 07-18-2004, 12:57 PM

Any top of the range ESC will be fine the job, and keep you happy, but I find more punch can be found when changing the frequency on the Ko VFS, (or Hara Twister for that matter). A lower frequency will produce more punch.

Ben
Old 07-18-2004, 01:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Both my Keyence and Q2 work great for Stock.
Old 07-18-2004, 02:27 PM
Tech Adept

LRP V7.1.....

Ive got 4, they run great
Old 07-18-2004, 02:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Quantum 2 has much more punch than a GT7, (compairing lowest Hz of the two) even with the GT7 set at its lowest frequency profile I never had the breaking power that the quantum 2 has. I'd still race with either one, but since its well known novak has been working on a new quantum sized speedo the GT7 days are numbered, my vote Q2
Old 07-18-2004, 03:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

If size isn't a big concern (heh, heh) ...try a Tekin G-10 !! One of the best ever made. Ask anyone who's had one or has one and they'll probably say they like it. I believe Tekin is currently selling them for around 120-130. Not bad in comparison to the Q2 and GT7.
Old 07-18-2004, 04:26 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Thanks for all the input! Just to let you know, I am not actually new to this class. I just need a new speedo because we have been racing 4 cell brushless in sedans along side the 6 cell stock sedans. They were pretty close in comparison but the brushless ended up being a little unstable on power without the extra weight of the other 2 cells. And there is absolutly no drag to the brushless motors, so it is easy to overdrive the corners. So needless needless to say the stock (brushed) cars were beating the brushless and therefore I am going back to the (brushed) set up.

Sounds like the Q2 is a pretty good choice for me.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.