Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Bolink on road car

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2010, 09:48 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by pejota
If you want to get that thing on the road cheap, look at the for sale section for RTR electronics from some the of Slashes and Sliders.

A lot of guys are ripping out those electronics and using their own.
Thanks I will keep my out for that, I am watching a couple on eBay right now
Old 11-13-2010, 01:47 PM
Tech Initiate

Or you can get a Hobbywing EZrun brushless system on fleabay. I usually buy them for around $70-80 for the whole system including the program card. They work great in my old pan cars.
Old 11-13-2010, 09:25 PM
Tech Regular

Man that brings back memories!! I ran cars like that in the late 80’s early 90’s on dirt oval and if my memory serves me correctly that car looks like the invader, as was mentioned in the early post, we use to run a car like that in Lawrenceville GA where Bolink was located. I think I may still have some parts for that car in my shop. I will check tomorrow if I have any items that you could use and will post some pictures if I do.
Joe
Old 11-13-2010, 09:30 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by SmokinJoeM
Man that brings back memories!! I ran cars like that in the late 80’s early 90’s on dirt oval and if my memory serves me correctly that car looks like the invader, as was mentioned in the early post, we use to run a car like that in Lawrenceville GA where Bolink was located. I think I may still have some parts for that car in my shop. I will check tomorrow if I have any items that you could use and will post some pictures if I do.
Joe
Thank you
Old 11-25-2010, 07:32 PM
Tech Initiate

I got it going. I looked at it tonight and was going to put my duratrax electrics on it to see if it would work. I did that and everything worked. I took out the old receiver and speed control, and broke the ant. wire, I checked the radio crystal in the radio and the receiver and the were different. I checked a old receiver I had and found the matching crystal, put it together and it worked, kinda, I have no reverse or brake. So I Think all I need is a speed control.
Old 11-25-2010, 07:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (89%+)

I agree. just clean that thing up nicely, sauce up the tires and just replace the electronics with newer stuff and its good to go.
Old 11-26-2010, 12:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

www.rjspeed.com He might be able to help since it is rick Jordan from what used to be Bolink.