R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   Motor-Run In Question (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/44971-motor-run-question.html)

JDXray 07-12-2004 06:36 PM

Motor-Run In Question

This is a stupid question, but i was motor-running in my motors, and i couldnt help but forget the AMPs and Volts were good. Say if i ran my motors at 7.0 on my Turbo GFX what are good AMps and Voltages? Is it better if the motor has higher amps and volts or lower? Sorry for the stupid question.

tornado 07-12-2004 07:41 PM

I run in my motors using the Motor Master - Surikarn Version on pulse mode 2V and 3V for 300 sec. :)

Bryan :cool:

JDM_DOHC_SiR 07-12-2004 07:48 PM

Originally posted by tornado
I run in my motors using the Motor Master - Surikarn Version on pulse mode 2V and 3V for 300 sec. :)

Try Pulse setitng #4 too:nod: :sneaky:
-Dave:tire:

tornado 07-12-2004 08:19 PM

:) Nice to see you here Dave ! Any difference in using setting #5 other than longer pulse in #4 ? Any significant benefit ? :)

JDM_DOHC_SiR 07-12-2004 08:38 PM

Originally posted by tornado
:) Nice to see you here Dave ! Any difference in using setting #5 other than longer pulse in #4 ? Any significant benefit ? :)

The time between is the pluse is a bit longer thats all;)
-Dave:tire:

Joe B 07-12-2004 09:12 PM

The amp draw of a motor with no load on it ie>(not in a car or a dyno) means very little.....if thats what you meant....hard to understand

trf racer 07-13-2004 03:16 AM

Re: Motor-Run In Question

Originally posted by JDXray
This is a stupid question, but i was motor-running in my motors, and i couldnt help but forget the AMPs and Volts were good. Say if i ran my motors at 7.0 on my Turbo GFX what are good AMps and Voltages? Is it better if the motor has higher amps and volts or lower? Sorry for the stupid question.
it depends on what motor?if its stock theres more variables.
if you have a stock motor then normally i would go with the lowest amps and highest effciancy.
the reason for the lowest amps is because in stock motors you have bushes and these could be well centered or not.
if they are not this means amps will be high.
in general higher amps could be a shorting arm, high degree of timing,bad bearings,double mags,aligment of brushes so as you see theres a whole list of things.
obviously in mod higher degree of timing will give more power but increase in motor amp draw,like wise bad bearing will give you high amp draw but will negatively effect the motors performance.

Neil Rabara 07-13-2004 08:42 AM

Re: Motor-Run In Question

Originally posted by JDXray
if i ran my motors at 7.0 on my Turbo GFX what are good AMps and Voltages? Is it better if the motor has higher amps and volts or lower? Sorry for the stupid question.
That's a bit high at 7.0. Is there a reason you are at that voltage?

JDXray 07-13-2004 08:44 AM

okay i run stock motors mostly besides one 19t epic binary. I usually motor run-in at 3.0, 5.0 and 7.0 volts(i guess its volts or amps) I like to run my motors at different settings. Is that bad?

and when there running i usally get around 4.0 avg amps (drawn i guess) and 7.0 volts avg.