Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The driving thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2004, 05:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I think such a track would be challenging to the more experienced drivers. I don't believe (MY OPINION) RC racers should be limited to only flat surfaces....heck not even those $5 go kart rentals run on flat courses. Lets here for sponored racers, or even seasoned racers, on this subject.
Old 07-13-2004, 05:34 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I have not raced a lot...but it would be neat to see a track with an over/under pass...maybe even just a figure 8 with the over/under pass for pan cars...
Old 07-14-2004, 12:39 AM
Tech Adept

http://www.rccarinternational.com/

track with overpass.

Cheers
Peter
Old 07-14-2004, 05:15 AM
Tech Master

WOW thats a cool looking layout!!!

Black Kat- as they've said smooth is fast and there is no substitute for practice. Good luck at the races....
Old 07-14-2004, 05:50 AM
Tech Rookie

Yes~!! Practice and more practice... there is no compromise for that.

Setting up of the car is also a very important thing, if the car is not set properly for the track, you will need to counter alot with your hands and may not even get out clean even if you are a gifted driver.

It is always important to test out the track 1st before the race, I am not talking about 1 hour earlier... try to go and test out the track 1 or 2 days before the race. Go slow 1st to get familar with the track and also try to figure out the lining.

Another note is not to "overspeed"... I find that newb likes to go fast~~, and also reluctant to "let go"... it is important to know that u need to let go during cornerings, even the fastest F1 drivers do that~~!!

go watch the F1 races on TV... observe the way they take the corners... watch their speed during the striaghts and corners...and also the line they are taking... it is very much the same as us playing the RC cars~~

hope this help
Old 07-14-2004, 06:07 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally posted by AWOLsoldier
crash less, be smooth. there you go, the secret to low lap times.
Amen! I don't care how fast your car is, if you can't keep it under enough control to crank out consistant lap times, then you are never going to be at the front.

5 minutes of consistant 13.5 laps will beat 5 minutes of 13.2, 13.1, 20, 13.7, 18, 13.4.....everytime.

just my 2% of a dollar...
Old 07-14-2004, 08:56 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

I may not be one to talk since I am also pretty new, but as others have said -

Slow is Fast - in a couple of ways.

Staying off the boards is probably the biggest thing. At our last points race I won with about a 3rd place car, because both of the cars ahead of me overdrove, hit the wall, and broke.

Don't rush passes - when you catch someone, be smart with the pass - especially lapped cars. Not everyone is polite enough to get out of a faster car's way.

Be easy with the throttle - roll in and out of it. There are more speeds than wide open and full brake.

But what do I know? This is what I have heard, and it is hard to practice what you preach, if you know what I mean.
Old 07-14-2004, 11:07 AM
Tech Elite

It takes a years of practice to be fast and consistant in every race. If you want to be competative in any class of racing, get into 1/12th scale and move to mod as soon as you start feeling comfortable in stock. If you can drive a mod 1/12th scale for 8 minutes without any screw-ups(wall/car taps, blown lines...), driving TC will be a breeze.
Old 07-14-2004, 11:17 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by fatdoggy
If you can drive a mod 1/12th scale for 8 minutes without any screw-ups(wall/car taps, blown lines...), driving TC will be a breeze.
Listen to him ^^^....LOL

I'm moving up to 12th scale mod....I've gotten a bunch of impressive runs in on the 12th scale in stock.
Old 07-14-2004, 11:29 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by fatdoggy
It takes a years of practice to be fast and consistant in every race. If you want to be competative in any class of racing, get into 1/12th scale and move to mod as soon as you start feeling comfortable in stock. If you can drive a mod 1/12th scale for 8 minutes without any screw-ups(wall/car taps, blown lines...), driving TC will be a breeze.
Just thought I'd add to this that you shouldn't be moving to mod 1/12th if you can't finish a stock 1/12th races without(wall/car taps, blown lines...).
Old 07-14-2004, 02:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally posted by The Black Kat
Listen to him ^^^....LOL

I'm moving up to 12th scale mod....I've gotten a bunch of impressive runs in on the 12th scale in stock.
Impressive runs?To you maybe.TBK you know nothing about 12th scale my friend.You practice it at Hobbyworld and guess what? Last time I had my Rev3 out there last carpet season I was out qualifying all the regualr Hobbyworld Mod guys with a stock motor every race day.And I know for a fact you can't drive as good as them.Try stock if you can even keep up in that class.
Old 07-14-2004, 02:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally posted by The Black Kat
Old 07-14-2004, 02:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally posted by racenut123
Impressive runs?To you maybe.TBK you know nothing about 12th scale my friend.You practice it at Hobbyworld and guess what? Last time I had my Rev3 out there last carpet season I was out qualifying all the regualr Hobbyworld Mod guys with a stock motor every race day.And I know for a fact you can't drive as good as them.Try stock if you can even keep up in that class.

Didn't I lap you every time we ran 12th scale stock together? :-D

-James
Old 07-14-2004, 03:09 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

One of the parking lot track I race at regularly has a pretty signifigant elevation change on one end. It makes for an off camber sweeper at the end of a straight for most layouts. It can be tough for us experianced guys but I like it. Novice guys are always over shooting it by a mile. I could see major elevation changes being hard on electrics though. That'd drain batts and cause alot of heat trying to climb major hills.
Old 07-14-2004, 03:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

You know what I mean arluck! You are the Master!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.