Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2Likes

3Racing Sakura Zero S

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2013, 04:04 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by NitroLuver
anyone use these for vta? I am looking to use mine here locally soon and was wondering what would be a good setup gearing wise
Awesome car for vta or any class. start at 4.0 FDR and gear to the track from there. Watch temps and don't overheat.
Old 03-15-2013, 02:02 PM
Tech Addict

Sorry never knew about rebound....lol so would 20%be good?
Looking for spur gear with holes like the xrays what other brands is there?
I have a new4.5 turn motor and don't know where to start with gearing
Old 03-15-2013, 04:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TeamThibault
Sorry never knew about rebound....lol so would 20%be good?
Looking for spur gear with holes like the xrays what other brands is there?
I have a new4.5 turn motor and don't know where to start with gearing
Another option is to file/dremel off 2 of the lugs on the spur gear holder, that way you can pretty much use any spur gear you have, and the remaining 2 are ample enough to hold the spur gear.

Cheers
Rob.
Old 03-17-2013, 09:44 PM
Tech Initiate

Finally got a chance to install the SSK drive shafts in the front and move the original front drive shafts to the rear. Stored the extra bearings, dog bones, etc. for spares. The car seemed to be a little better in the tight corners. Really happy with the upgrade.
Old 03-18-2013, 03:54 PM
Tech Adept

Has anyone attempted a custom made motor mount for this car? Maybe a motor can-clamp type of mount to fasten right onto the chassis plate and totally eliminate the original mount.

Something like this... http://www.rcplanet.com/ProductDetai...14_a_7cASC7136

or this...http://www.rcplanet.com/ProductDetai...tCode=TKR4144X

Last edited by cygnusx1; 03-18-2013 at 04:08 PM.
Old 03-18-2013, 07:53 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by cygnusx1
Has anyone attempted a custom made motor mount for this car? Maybe a motor can-clamp type of mount to fasten right onto the chassis plate and totally eliminate the original mount.

Something like this... http://www.rcplanet.com/ProductDetai...14_a_7cASC7136

or this...http://www.rcplanet.com/ProductDetai...tCode=TKR4144X
Why? If you're having that much trouble with the mount then switch to the vertical mount. I you're having problems with the vertical mount then something must be wrong.
Old 03-18-2013, 09:05 PM
Tech Adept

I run the stock mount with a 34/80 gearset. I can access all the screws carefully with relative ease. It's definitely not a quick-change setup though. I had to file the screw slots on the mount just a touch, to get the 34 in there. 35+ is pretty much out of the question without more filing (probably not enough material left on the slots). I considered going to a vert mount, but I don't want t flip the drive belts over and then deal with the other interference issues. My solution is going to be to get a lower turn motor because I want more speed with less pinion. Since I am not officially racing, I don't need to swap pinions quickly. I was just wondering if anyone came up with other creative motor mount solutions.
Old 03-19-2013, 02:37 AM
Tech Apprentice

My two cents regarding the vertical mount is that it's good, but IIRC it also requires modding the battery holder (or ditching the holder and using tape). Annoying.
Old 03-19-2013, 03:40 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by cygnusx1
I run the stock mount with a 34/80 gearset. I can access all the screws carefully with relative ease. It's definitely not a quick-change setup though. I had to file the screw slots on the mount just a touch, to get the 34 in there. 35+ is pretty much out of the question without more filing (probably not enough material left on the slots). I considered going to a vert mount, but I don't want t flip the drive belts over and then deal with the other interference issues. My solution is going to be to get a lower turn motor because I want more speed with less pinion. Since I am not officially racing, I don't need to swap pinions quickly. I was just wondering if anyone came up with other creative motor mount solutions.
Honestly, it's going to be a LOT less trouble to modify the battery mount than the motor mount. The vertical motor mount is pretty robust and strong and designed well. I would not try to re-design what's already well made. Now for the battery mod. there is much that can be done, which would be a lot easier to do as you can't really screw it up.
Old 03-19-2013, 03:41 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by bakoo
My two cents regarding the vertical mount is that it's good, but IIRC it also requires modding the battery holder (or ditching the holder and using tape). Annoying.
Naa, go back a few posts and you can use the Associated servo mounts to make a nice battery holder. Easy and low profile.

Hope that helps!
Old 03-19-2013, 05:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Yep, vertical motor mount is the way to go for making it easier to accommodate low or high wind motors.
And with a little bit of careful dremel work you can get some pretty big pinions in there, such as my 43 pinion & 60 spur combination.

Cheers
Rob.
Old 03-19-2013, 06:29 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by ta04evah
Yep, vertical motor mount is the way to go for making it easier to accommodate low or high wind motors.
And with a little bit of careful dremel work you can get some pretty big pinions in there, such as my 43 pinion & 60 spur combination.

net/~robwr68/43tooth_sakura.jpg[/IMG]

Cheers
Rob.
exactly what did you have to dremel? I run a 73t spur and 34t pinion. I ordered a 65t spur(still waiting) and I have a 43t pinion I wanna swap both out for more top end...i thought it would fit.. But if yiu had to dremel then im gonna have to as well

Last edited by sonspit; 03-19-2013 at 07:21 PM.
Old 03-19-2013, 06:33 PM
Tech Addict

rob
what motor speedy u using with that gearing

Cheers
Rob.
Old 03-19-2013, 07:24 PM
Tech Adept

Cheers
Rob.
Oh and I"d like to see a running video. You must be hitting some high speeds with that gearing. What motor and esc do you run? X2
Old 03-19-2013, 09:16 PM
Tech Adept

Default Dif Help

hello im building the diffs and have ofna 5000 wtg & stock 2000
will this work

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.