Search
Like Tree2Likes

Xray T3 2011

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2012, 04:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by morgoth
Basically you take a 2012 chassis (ask a friend), draw the contour on your chassis and cut the excess carbon with a dremel. Then you'll have car with more rear grip and the tuning window becomes bigger.
I found my 2011 too twitchy and I'm driving it now with the modded chassis and I have the 2011 and 2012 topdecks. Depending on the track conditions I switch the topdeck.

Here's a picture (not mine, but you get the idea)
http://www.rctech.net/forum/attachme...1-dsc09148.jpg
What's your take on the two top decks??

Which topdeck would you use for what condition??
Old 02-21-2012, 01:00 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kinga
Finally, a cheap battery retaining option. Obviously poplular as it is already sold out.
I will let you know how it goes as I managed to order one before stock ran out.

http://www.rc-mushroom.com/product_i...-mount-p-24221
Is that Velcro, or another type of strap? I made my own Velcro strap system when i had a 008 and have never looked back.
Old 02-21-2012, 01:23 AM
Tech Apprentice

Basically you take a 2012 chassis (ask a friend), draw the contour on your chassis and cut the excess carbon with a dremel. Then you'll have car with more rear grip and the tuning window becomes bigger.
I found my 2011 too twitchy and I'm driving it now with the modded chassis and I have the 2011 and 2012 topdecks. Depending on the track conditions I switch the topdeck.

Ty maybe my t3'11.5 wil have this upgrade too then it will be a t3'11.99
Old 02-21-2012, 08:40 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Anyone handy wanna mod my chassis?
Old 02-21-2012, 01:54 PM
Tech Apprentice

Modified mine when the 2012 first came out, (copyed my son's new car) and actualy think its better than the "12" because it does not have the servo mount lug sticking to the side of the chassi, grounding out on right handers.
Old 02-21-2012, 11:32 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Riketsu
What's your take on the two top decks??

Which topdeck would you use for what condition??
It's a little bit stiffer and the changes direction faster, but the rear is a little less planted. At a particular track this weekend, my inner front wheel was lifting up in a very fast chicane. The was on carpet. With the 2011 topdeck, the car changed directions better in the fast chicane and the lift on my inner front wheel was less. And I had a little more onpower steering.
I was also faster in the tight chicane because my car changed directions faster.

On my hometrack (med grip carpet) I like to run the 2012 topdeck, but on the track from last weekend, which was also med grip carpet but somehow the front tires where hooking up in the carpet and the 2011 topdeck made this better. I glued my front tires after the first quali and it took away the hooking up, but I didn't try the 2012 topdeck anymore.
Old 02-22-2012, 03:12 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default crazy steering vibration

anyone get crazy grinding sounds / vibrations through the drive system when they turn the steering under power, when on a stand? its bad enough that at full lock you simply can't have much power going on or it looks like the drive belts are going to jump off..

On the track it is less noticeable but you can still hear it. sounds kinda loud like metal on metal but can't for the life of me see anything catching or that shouldnt be rubbing...

this is a new build ('11 spec), and my first onroad rc, so don't have any experience seeing something like this before but I've seen other T3's on the track and it doesn't look like they have the same problem from what i can tell. they all seem very smooth.

any help would be appreciated...
Old 02-22-2012, 05:10 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Its your CVDs in the front.

You can solve it using ECS drives or similar double jointed drives.
Old 02-22-2012, 10:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mrjeremyaaron
anyone get crazy grinding sounds / vibrations through the drive system when they turn the steering under power, when on a stand? its bad enough that at full lock you simply can't have much power going on or it looks like the drive belts are going to jump off..

On the track it is less noticeable but you can still hear it. sounds kinda loud like metal on metal but can't for the life of me see anything catching or that shouldnt be rubbing...

this is a new build ('11 spec), and my first onroad rc, so don't have any experience seeing something like this before but I've seen other T3's on the track and it doesn't look like they have the same problem from what i can tell. they all seem very smooth.

If you are using 100% dual rate and are going lock to lock your car will chatter with the stock bones. If you have the cash buy the Hudy ecs if not the Spec r ones will do just not as durable!
Old 02-22-2012, 10:46 AM
Tech Elite

Like this;
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

It's normal for all makes of cars running a spool with standard driveshafts.
Only way around it is to fit ECS style driveshafts.

Skiddins
Old 02-22-2012, 12:05 PM
Tech Elite

Anyone tried the Arrowmax drive shafts?
I have powertool bits from them and they are good, so I'm wondering how their ECS shafts are.
Old 02-22-2012, 02:10 PM
Tech Regular

Default RE: crazy steering vibration

Thanks.

So a question - why don't these things come standard with ECS shafts, or does the chatter not really affect 'on-the-track' performance, making the cost unjustified to most..?
Old 02-22-2012, 02:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Thanks.

So a question - why don't these things come standard with ECS shafts, or does the chatter not really affect 'on-the-track' performance, making the cost unjustified to most..?
It does not matter much on the track. The ECS shafts cost more and they are a bit more fragile, so they aren't included in the kit to keep the costs down and durability up.
Old 02-22-2012, 04:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Have the pins in your CVD's moved?
Old 02-22-2012, 04:31 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by nerdling
Have the pins in your CVD's moved?

Yes they do, seem to be having a hard time keeping them from staying where they should. From time to time or when big impact happens they come out enough to bind the steering... anyone know of a solution, is there a bevelled pin option for this???

However, I have checked thoroughly though and this is not the cause of the bad vibes

I'll look into getting some of the ECS shafts as recommended above.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.