Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree12Likes

T.O.P Racing's Rebel 1/12th scale

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2010, 05:42 PM
Tech Elite

Default Ordering a Rebel

We are keeping a Rebel waiting list at TOP USA. No pre-order or deposit required, just call or email to get on the list. When the kits are here those on the list will be contacted in the order that they were placed on the list.

The release date has been pushed out again, the factory is now telling us the release will be in early December. We will have kits 3-4 days after they are released and will start shipping immediately. It's gonna get busy!

TOP Racing USA

[email protected]

650-583-8898
Old 11-18-2010, 06:08 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)

Originally Posted by odpurple
We are keeping a Rebel waiting list at TOP USA. No pre-order or deposit required, just call or email to get on the list. When the kits are here those on the list will be contacted in the order that they were placed on the list.

The release date has been pushed out again, the factory is now telling us the release will be in early December. We will have kits 3-4 days after they are released and will start shipping immediately. It's gonna get busy!

TOP Racing USA

[email protected]
e-mail sent to get on the list
Old 11-20-2010, 03:14 AM
Tech Adept

Hi, I recieved the first kit in germany.
I´ve built the car for 90% but I´m not sure about the rear axle.
Is there a manual available yet? I didn´t get one with the kit.
Or can someone (Larry?) describe how to put the rear axle toghether?
thanks
Chris
Old 11-20-2010, 10:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Wow this car is really good.
Old 11-20-2010, 10:12 PM
Tech Adept

Stop teasing us already

How good ? how good ?
Old 11-20-2010, 10:31 PM
OVA
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by marzin
Stop teasing us already

How good ? how good ?
1+ lol
Old 11-21-2010, 05:18 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

BRCA UK National today at Ardent Raceway

Round 1 modified Chris Odonghue in 12th with the new TOP car

http://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php...2.217468080897
Old 11-21-2010, 02:20 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by radio_car_racer
BRCA UK National today at Ardent Raceway

Round 1 modified Chris Odonghue in 12th with the new TOP car

http://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php...2.217468080897
ended up qualifying 17th and finished 16th today, the car felt great !! 8 seconds between that and the A final, so a good first run with the car

Last edited by chris_dono; 11-21-2010 at 11:54 PM.
Old 11-28-2010, 06:50 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)

Top Rebel and Larry Fairtrace take 2nd in 17.5 12th in first outing at the indoor Champs.

Good job LARRY!!!!!!
Old 11-28-2010, 11:30 AM
Tech Adept

great job, congrats

PS: setup?
Old 11-28-2010, 08:32 PM
Tech Adept

Congrat's Larry! Great first US result. Did you need any spares this weekend? What motor were you using? as always can't wait to get mine.
Old 11-29-2010, 06:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Like I said this car is awesome. I think I had the best car all weekend. Being the first time I ever ran this class, and the fact that noone was running Speed passion motors like myself in this class except my boy Ron. All weekend I was messing with speedo and gearing trying to find the right combo.

In the 3rd round I hit a decent setup and my reciever pack started dumping with 6 laps to go and I fell out of the race or I would of Tq'ed. We had a power malfunction in our room while I was charging my car and must of not restarted my reciever pack. I was dissappointed. I was on a 49 8:05 when it started to die and tq was an 8:09.

In the fourth round I won the A qualifier but chose the wrong speedo and gearing and the car wasnt fast enough.

I was compteting with an Army of CRC drivers with years of experience in this class. I will give it up to them, they all had very good cars and have their speed figured out as they were all rockets all weekend long. The experience shows and Andrew, Kenny and Mark all drove very well all weekend long.

I'm pretty happy with my result even though I think I could of won if I had finished my 3rd round run and started from the pole or had not gotten taken out on the start and had to come back from 10th on the first lap.

I'll post my setup when I get home and can measure things and such.

I did not touch the setup since I built the car. I just performed routine maintenance and put tires on the car.
Old 11-29-2010, 06:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Guys, while I had to sit on the sidelines and watch Larry's new car, I was very jealous. We got 2 kits in the U.S. total and they went to Larry and me. In the event a car would break, we had no parts... so I gave Larry my kit as spares.

Watching the car around the track, it really was an effortless looking drive. Smooth, lots of steering, and no issues for a car that still had pre-production parts.

The Rebel is the real deal guys and will be a force in 12th once production gets going. I'm jonesin' for mine!!
Old 11-29-2010, 11:52 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by schreff
Guys, while I had to sit on the sidelines and watch Larry's new car, I was very jealous. We got 2 kits in the U.S. total and they went to Larry and me. In the event a car would break, we had no parts... so I gave Larry my kit as spares.

Watching the car around the track, it really was an effortless looking drive. Smooth, lots of steering, and no issues for a car that still had pre-production parts.

The Rebel is the real deal guys and will be a force in 12th once production gets going. I'm jonesin' for mine!!
Any idea when the kits will be available and spare parts too?

THX in advance...
Old 11-29-2010, 11:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Nova F1 Racer
Any idea when the kits will be available and spare parts too?

THX in advance...
We're still honestly unsure. EJ mentioned 1 1/2 to 2 weeks before kits get here, but I'm not holding my breathe. TOP has spent a lot of time with this kit getting parts right and it's been taking a while. 12th is all new to TOP and having correct plastic molds is super important as it has its own unique front end. There are little improvements to be made in that department, but nothing that is drastic or needing a redesign. Larry's car was run as a kit stock car with only 1 small change to CRC steering blocks with a lunsford axle. The stock kit has the old basic e-clip front axle, which I believe they're going to change for production.

Then again, EJ will have to come on here and clear it up as I might not be right on all of this. I want a car as bad as you guys.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.