Search
Like Tree12Likes

T.O.P Racing's Rebel 1/12th scale

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2011, 12:49 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Besercoe
I had 25k in and it was handling like a pig. Went to 50k and it turned into a new car. I have been very happy with the speed and ease of driving. I have managed to gain .4 and a lap in race time.
The car is not without its problems, but the lap speed makes it hard to get too caught up on them.
Do you have a setup sheet with your settings that you could post?

I did some testing last week and was fighting a car that pushes going into the turn and over steers coming out. I started with a narrow front end and 20K in the dampers. I widend the front end and changed the damper oil to 30K and that seemd to help a bit.

Jim
Old 03-06-2011, 01:44 PM
OVA
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by L.Fairtrace
I'm gonna try to get a setup online and maybe some more tips in what to do.

My car is really really good right now on med/high bite carpet.
Hey larry
Is your servo now are mounted flat or angle?
Is your steering rod are inline straight or forward angle? Thanks
Old 03-06-2011, 04:20 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Big Features
Just use the associated axles and steering knuckles and forget about it. My car is supper easy to drive and very durable.
I switched to the associated axles and I had to sand the axle down a bit to fit the stock bearings over them... is there a better method to this than putting the axle in a drill and then spinning it while sanding the axle down... it seems to leave little grooves and I can't polish them out now.
Old 03-06-2011, 04:21 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by L.Fairtrace
I'm gonna try to get a setup online and maybe some more tips in what to do.

My car is really really good right now on med/high bite carpet.
That would be great!
Old 03-06-2011, 05:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ewashburnaf
I switched to the associated axles and I had to sand the axle down a bit to fit the stock bearings over them... is there a better method to this than putting the axle in a drill and then spinning it while sanding the axle down... it seems to leave little grooves and I can't polish them out now.
Man, I didn't have to do any of that. They went right on and I re-shimmed the axles.
Old 03-06-2011, 05:48 PM
Tech Adept

Default Set up

Originally Posted by Big Features
Just use the associated axles and steering knuckles and forget about it. My car is supper easy to drive and very durable.
I use the BMI front axle. They go straight in the stock knuckles.

Have testet on our small track , and so far I use the BMI 0.22 front spring.

Use stock side spring and main spring

Use Xray 400 in main damper , and 15K ultimate in side damper.

Super easy and fast to drive

Wide front and angel servo
Old 03-06-2011, 06:55 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

TQ and win yesterday with the Rebel. This car is super easy to drive and fast as H#$%. My son picked up the controller and wheeled it like a pro.
Old 03-06-2011, 11:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by stiltskin
TQ and win yesterday with the Rebel. This car is super easy to drive and fast as H#$%. My son picked up the controller and wheeled it like a pro.
Nice! Looking forward to running some 1/12th with you guys soon.

Mike
Old 03-07-2011, 03:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Hey Guy's where online can you get this car? Man... This car is Dialed!!! Larry Fairtrace, and a few other people have them and out of the box there great.
Old 03-07-2011, 05:24 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by stiltskin
Hey Rumple.. do you run at Debbies most of the time?
Old 03-07-2011, 05:24 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Any word yet on fixing the front ride height issue? Seems to me that all that needs to be done is take out a little bit of the curve in the a-arms.
Just drove the car for the first time this weekend and was having a wicked hook when turning left. I was using yellow rears and they did get quite chunked so I'm thinking that the chunked foam was just catching on the carpet giving it the wicked hook. Insanely high traction carpet, just think I was using way too soft of foam in the rear. What are you guys having luck with? Most of the fast guys here are using Yellow rears and black fronts, but I'm thinking maybe Magenta's or even XXpink in the rear. Any thoughts
Old 03-07-2011, 05:29 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Mr. Bubby
Any word yet on fixing the front ride height issue? Seems to me that all that needs to be done is take out a little bit of the curve in the a-arms.
Just drove the car for the first time this weekend and was having a wicked hook when turning left. I was using yellow rears and they did get quite chunked so I'm thinking that the chunked foam was just catching on the carpet giving it the wicked hook. Insanely high traction carpet, just think I was using way too soft of foam in the rear. What are you guys having luck with? Most of the fast guys here are using Yellow rears and black fronts, but I'm thinking maybe Magenta's or even XXpink in the rear. Any thoughts
If you are running 17.5 stock, you can try the Grey-low (Grey/yellow) or just Greys... they seem to be working pretty decently..
If you are running something different, I would go with the magenta's... check out this for some helpful tips (thanks Hanulec)http://www.racerlog.com/wiki/T.O.P._Rebel
Old 03-07-2011, 08:21 AM
Tech Adept

My Rebel has been such an education. I have never had a car that when you make a set up change you can feel the difference. The car just keeps getting better. I built the car with narrow front end (because Fairtrace set up worked) but I went wide this weekend and WOW the car was GREAT! My first win of the season and a personal best in laps!
Old 03-07-2011, 10:03 AM
Tech Addict

Great job stiltskin and Dragarcher!

mike ivy, contact us 650-583-8898 M-F 9AM-6PM PST. Either Michael (OD) or Jay can help you out!

I'm going to try and lengthen out my upper arm this weekend to see what it does. I drove Tom C's car this way it felt supper smooth. Attached is a pic of the spacer.
Attached Thumbnails T.O.P Racing's Rebel 1/12th scale-upper-arm.jpg  
Old 03-07-2011, 11:03 AM
OVA
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by E.J. Evans
Great job stiltskin and Dragarcher!

mike ivy, contact us 650-583-8898 M-F 9AM-6PM PST. Either Michael (OD) or Jay can help you out!

I'm going to try and lengthen out my upper arm this weekend to see what it does. I drove Tom C's car this way it felt supper smooth. Attached is a pic of the spacer.
Hi Ej
I did tried the option and it take away the steering alittle and felt more stable to drive.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.