TC5 gearing question. Please help....

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TC5 gearing question. Please help....

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2010, 12:12 PM

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)
Default TC5 gearing question. Please help....

Can I get some suggestions for gearing on a TC5 rubber sedan. I'm running a Novak Havoc 13.5 ballistic. Indoor medium sized, carpet.

Thanks for any suggestions
Old 08-31-2010, 12:34 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Trying to remember... LOL...
Old 08-31-2010, 12:48 PM

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)

That's some funny shit.. Lol
Somebody will have some input...
Old 09-01-2010, 06:45 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Damn Jason, I just got done reading the entire TC5 800 page thread!!! not.. But anyways, if I had time, I would.. The last time i ran my TC5 I was geared 78/35 for a final FDR of 4.45... I have no idea if the target FDR should be lower or higher.. Maybe someone could chime in and let me know if we are on the right track (no pun intended). I am running on the same track mentioned in OP's original post..

I think i need to pick up a thicker top deck (ICF?)... I did some asphalt running also a couple of years ago and I think I still have that (thinner, more flexible) plate on the car.

It has been a couple of years since I ran some touring car, but I am ready to give it another shot.. See you at the track!
Old 09-01-2010, 09:47 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by BillySnarf
Damn Jason, I just got done reading the entire TC5 800 page thread!!! not.. But anyways, if I had time, I would.. The last time i ran my TC5 I was geared 78/35 for a final FDR of 4.45... I have no idea if the target FDR should be lower or higher.. Maybe someone could chime in and let me know if we are on the right track (no pun intended). I am running on the same track mentioned in OP's original post..

I think i need to pick up a thicker top deck (ICF?)... I did some asphalt running also a couple of years ago and I think I still have that (thinner, more flexible) plate on the car.

It has been a couple of years since I ran some touring car, but I am ready to give it another shot.. See you at the track!

Sounds about right for a 13.5 with no timing.