Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Really quick question about the Xray T1R. . . . >

Really quick question about the Xray T1R. . . .

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2004, 04:34 AM
Tech Master

I see from the pictures it's designed for saddle packs BUT I seem to recall (but can no longer find) reading something about it being able to take stick packs with the help of an adaptor. So the question is, is this true and if so is the adaptor included in the kit?

Thanks in advance.
Old 05-28-2004, 04:41 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

no, the T1 MINI has an adapter to run a stick pack, but the T1R does not, but a DERIMAL and a prayer and it could be done
Old 05-28-2004, 04:43 AM
Tech Master

Unhappy

Damn . Mainly because I have 7 new stick packs I've got, to get back into racing, and I'm not about to bust them open and make them saddle packs.

Last edited by Mabuchi540; 05-28-2004 at 04:50 AM.
Old 05-28-2004, 04:58 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

I think the full factory kits have an option to run stick packs. I remember that the older Factory kit you could buy a special mount that let you mount stick packs, but the weight balance was alittle hairy, kind of mounted like stick packs do in a TL01.

I could be wrong but thats what I saw.
Old 05-28-2004, 05:09 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

yes their is an option part for the graphite chassis to run stick packs but not the plastic t1r chassis
Old 05-28-2004, 05:28 AM
Tech Master

Unhappy

Great that's just fricken lovely so not only can I not get a T1R but I'd have to get the factory kit AND still pay more money for the option part and to top it all off it doesn't even have a set to tyres..oh this is just getting better and better all the time.
Old 05-28-2004, 05:35 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Why dont you just bust open the stick packs and hardwire them. It isn't very hard to do at all. Just get a battery soldering jig some bars, and some solder. I like using Team Orion silver battery bones, and 60/40 solder. The batteries will also perform better because of less resistance between the cells. They will also let you run this awesome car!
Old 05-28-2004, 05:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

The factory race level kits are designed for race level gear.

You're using sport level parts...there's nothing wrong with that...but just try to respect that you're in a minority with how you plan on using the car.

IF you want a great deal...try to find a used T1 or T1Evo2....they can be had in the buy and sell section of this very forum for some VERY attractive prices.

They don'thave the short arms..but even with long arms the Xrays carry corner speed and turn very well.

The short arms serve to make a great car even better...here's the big thing though...you can start with the T1 in pivot ball if you want...and later..shoudl you choose to do so...add C-Hub..and then you can change to short arms...

you don't HAVE to buy a new kit to get the performance benefit of the new parts....almost all Xray parts are backwards compatible.
Old 05-28-2004, 05:40 AM
Tech Adept

Check out this link, it works for the T!, T1 Evo 2, And the T1 Factory according to the Xray website.

http://www.teamxray.com/teamxray/pro...&kategoria=528

Hope this helps
Old 05-28-2004, 05:40 AM
Tech Master

True true but if I had wanted saddles I would have just got them that way the main reason for sticks in the first place was because wiring wise they're far easier to run for fun in my old Tamiya cars as well. You know when they get old pass them onto the Nephew sort of thing. Oh well that just leaves the Yokomo and Trf on my list.
Old 05-28-2004, 05:43 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Windsorguy99
The factory race level kits are designed for race level gear.

You're using sport level parts...there's nothing wrong with that...but just try to respect that you're in a minority with how you plan on using the car.

IF you want a great deal...try to find a used T1 or T1Evo2....they can be had in the buy and sell section of this very forum for some VERY attractive prices.

They don'thave the short arms..but even with long arms the Xrays carry corner speed and turn very well.

The short arms serve to make a great car even better...here's the big thing though...you can start with the T1 in pivot ball if you want...and later..shoudl you choose to do so...add C-Hub..and then you can change to short arms...

you don't HAVE to buy a new kit to get the performance benefit of the new parts....almost all Xray parts are backwards compatible.
I'll not argue with most of that BUT here in NZ in stock class you're restricted to Mabuchi540's and unmatched 1500 mah cells anyway eh!!!
Old 05-28-2004, 06:01 AM
Tech Elite

I understand that you're racing within what defines the class. with Mabuchi 540's and 1500's....was that class not designed and put in place to be a low cost spec class??

running that gear in the latest high-dollar cutting edge chassis..isn't that almost contrary to what the class was put in place for?

is your stick pack a true stick pack? or is it a side by side pack?

Xray gives you the option of adding either type of mount..although, as has been previously stated, going to all the cells on one side will take your perfectly balanced car and bias it to one side...forcing you to add weight to again achieve balance.

I stayed away from saddles too...even bought a CRC Carpet knife 12th scale so that I could avoid 4 cell saddle packs....

I then found a great deal on a used Xray T1 and have had no problems with Saddles..the battery retention strap system works wella nd secures everything in place with little hassle...and with a careful placement of the bridge wire you can still use the saddle packs in-line as a side by side pack.

if your old Tamiya kits require a true stick though....possibly keep a couple of sticks assembled for them?

You're looking at spending hundreds of dollars on a new pro-level touring car and you're going to let the decision be made by battery ypacks that sell for a few dollars each??

The decision is yours to make.....good luck
Old 05-28-2004, 06:12 AM
Tech Master

Hey what can I say I'm a sucker for sexy engineering and it's the only kit I've seen that actually impresses me the cars actual performance compared to whatever else might be available is to be perfectly honest almost irrelevant. (sp)
Old 05-28-2004, 06:18 AM
Tech Adept

Xray's stick pack conversion does not take the cells down one side it actually mounts them across the car so it will not upset the balance.

See installation instructions at this link.

http://www.teamxray.com/teamxray/pro...&kategoria=528
Old 05-28-2004, 10:02 AM
Tech Elite

In that case...I think an Xray FK with the stick kit on it would definitely rock for your application

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.