Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Oval, Larger Scales and More
GT8 Class--buggy-based on road electric! >

GT8 Class--buggy-based on road electric!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree17Likes

GT8 Class--buggy-based on road electric!

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2010, 11:52 AM

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Raman
Work Sat and Sunday I'll be at the airfield maidening my new plane.

I need you make a top plate for the centre bulkhead.. The Tamiya ones holes don't match up with the motor mount..
no problem but I will need the car to do that or you will have to draw it out with holes marked.
Old 08-18-2010, 12:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by charlie_b
It was great to meet you TeknoRC! It was a shame some peeps couldn't make it. The track was perfect for the GT8's. I failed to take any vidoes though but i hope next month you guys can come out again. Hopefully i can get a car of my own to start running myself next month. They looked like so much fun! ANyway, talk to you soon!
Likewise. Thanks for putting on the race We'll definitely see you guys again soon and hopefully this class continues to grow!
Old 08-18-2010, 08:58 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

Originally Posted by snrscion
no problem but I will need the car to do that or you will have to draw it out with holes marked.

I'll probably send you the top plate along with a sketch. Pretty straight forward.

Looking forward to tomorrow.. hoping it will stay on the tarmac LOL
Old 08-19-2010, 07:57 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Tomorrow my TRF801 GTe will finally hit the Tarmac!

Battery forward usually works best, How are you planning to run you converted TRF? Looks really cool. Did Dan make the carbon parts for you?
Old 08-20-2010, 02:08 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

I just ran my Inferno GT-E for the first time today and it was a blast. Impressed with the torque and speed of the car, but not as much with the handling . I didn't change anything on the suspension or diffs from when I acquired the car used from another guy.

My car was pushing very badly off throttle in the corners, but pretty responsive on throttle. I have no idea what fluids were used, but the front diff fluid felt pretty thick, the rear very light. I used 5000 in the center. So I was wondering if anyone could give me a baseline on shock setup and diff fluid(all 3 diffs) to get me going. I'm looking forward to doing some racing in SoCal in the near future.

BTW, if you ever need a good place to run your car in the OC, the upper parking lot of the Honda Center is huge and is very smooth. It's always open unless there's an event going on and nobody bothers you there. It would be a great place to race if we could get permission to do so!

Thanks in advance for your help.

Clay
Old 08-20-2010, 02:32 AM
Tech Elite

I like to run my front diff as thick as I can get it. Almost to the point where it acts like a spool. In the rear diff I use thinner oil, to free it up. I run 30wt in the front shocks and 35wt in the rear.
Old 08-20-2010, 10:26 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by williamw
Battery forward usually works best, How are you planning to run you converted TRF? Looks really cool. Did Dan make the carbon parts for you?
William! Thanks for the advice, I moved battery forward and ESC to the back as you advised. I finally got a chance to run the car yesterday and it drove fantastic. I was blown away.

I had punch control off and when I pulled the trigger it would light up all four and correct itself and dart straight as a nail. Turn in a low and high speed was dead on.. night and day difference over the IGT I used to have.

As for tyres, I was running PMTs that are probably 3 years old and I forgot how good these tyres are. They warmed up after one pass and car was glued.

Batteries: I'm running 5 cell LiFePo4 and they're quite heavy, so if I decide to continue this route, I will have to re balance left and right.. or add weight to the right side
Old 08-20-2010, 10:33 AM

William! Thanks for the advice, I moved battery forward and ESC to the back as you advised. I finally got a chance to run the car yesterday and it drove fantastic. I was blown away.

I had punch control off and when I pulled the trigger it would light up all four and correct itself and dart straight as a nail. Turn in a low and high speed was dead on.. night and day difference over the IGT I used to have.

As for tyres, I was running PMTs that are probably 3 years old and I forgot how good these tyres are. They warmed up after one pass and car was glued.

Batteries: I'm running 5 cell LiFePo4 and they're quite heavy, so if I decide to continue this route, I will have to re balance left and right.. or add weight to the right side
you should bring to the track tomorrow we will be at GLARC transit center.
Old 08-20-2010, 10:42 AM
Tech Champion

I'm in retail.. I have to work on Saturdays! Which sucks!

I actually was at GLARC last night, I drove down to pacific coast hobbies to pick up the pinions.. and afterward went to GLARC to test it.

Sunday I'll be at the Airfield. When is the next meet at GLARC?
Old 08-20-2010, 10:46 AM

well they meet every 2nd and 4th weekend. Practice on Sat race on Sun.
Old 08-20-2010, 10:49 AM
Tech Master

is Kyosho putting out electric brushless version of their inferno GT series? I saw the off-road electric inferno buggies, sport level and racing level. They should start thinking about GT cars as well. Better yet, how about a 1/8 electric pan car replacing the evola.
Old 08-20-2010, 02:12 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by superspeed
is Kyosho putting out electric brushless version of their inferno GT series? I saw the off-road electric inferno buggies, sport level and racing level. They should start thinking about GT cars as well. Better yet, how about a 1/8 electric pan car replacing the evola.
Kyosho is basically asleep... only thing they seem to be cranking out are mini z bodies...
Old 08-20-2010, 04:24 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 112 (100%+)

Kyosho is basically asleep... only thing they seem to be cranking out are mini z bodies...

And remember the BIG news on 5-1? Everyone was expecting a new 1/5 scale release and then they announced THIS
Old 08-23-2010, 10:58 AM
Tech Champion

How was GLARC yesterday?
Old 08-24-2010, 06:27 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by superspeed
The conversion kit they sell works really well, I used it in my converted mp 777 / GT. Its a bit pricey but of course being Kyosho it perfectly.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.