Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree6280Likes

USGT

Hide Wikipost
Old 08-12-2017, 12:28 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: USGT
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: DARKSIDE
USIC USGT 2016 Motor and Chassis list in qualifing order

TQ A.F. TSR A800
2nd D.J. TeamPowers A800
3rd B.S. TSR A800
4th M.L. TSR A800
5th M.F TeamPowers A800
6th D.J TSR Destiny
7th J.W. Trinity Monster '17 Xray
8th C.V TSR Destiny
9 A.C. TSR A700
10 B.K. R1 v15 A700
13 J.L. TSR A800
14 M.L. TSR Destiny
16 J.M. TSR. 15 Xray
18 R.C. TSR T4
19 M.K. Reedy Powered M3 AE TC7
20 S.J. TSR Destiny
22 E.S. motiv T4
26 P.D. TSR Destiny
30 V.P. Reedy M3 serpent 3.0
35 Y.B. Fantom A800
38 R.C. TSR A800
40 W.S. Reedy
43 Motiv xray
46 Motiv Xray

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2018, 04:32 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Pinkz
things are slowing down in other parts of the world, you have to read further or do specific searches for 17.5 racing around the world that does not make news here

-Australia doing the 17.5
Australia has been running 21.5 for years as the base TC class. The only TC class that I know of that runs 17.5 is a variant of GT, and it's a fixed timing control motor.
Old 04-24-2018, 04:43 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Pinkz
VTA is overall flourishing, with 21.5 coming to TC i think it will put pressure on USGT. a flip of a krugerand......cooler body spec tires vs the norm but better traction
I like USGT because the bodies look really cool but when you have the majority of the field running the same body it kinda defeats the purpose.

Hopefully some more diversity comes back to the class or I think 21.5TC will become more popular.
Nerobro and gigaplex like this.
Old 04-24-2018, 08:41 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by gigaplex
Australia has been running 21.5 for years as the base TC class. The only TC class that I know of that runs 17.5 is a variant of GT, and it's a fixed timing control motor.
thanks for the info, i knew 17.5 was being used in 2wd buggies, had no idea they used 21.5 in TC stock class.
Old 04-27-2018, 09:28 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by b20btec
Still don’t get why we slow everything down in America
more examples to extend on my previous post

some rare occasions you do see something like this Red RC ? RC Car News » Malopolska Grand Prix finale ? Report in front paragraph
"Malopolska Grand Prix was held in Cracow recently. The event was held on ETS black carpet and over the season the series attracted driver from Poland, the Czech Republic and even France to compete in the several electric on-road classes such as Pro Stock 13.5T, Spec 17.5T, Formula 21.5T, 1/12th Pan Car 6.5T, GT 17.5T Boost, Kadet/Rookie 21.5T and E-14 Rally. "

ETS 13.5 Super stock class run alot but you barely catch reporting on it. one might says they run 13.5 where "we slow everything down in America" then you read the rules Euro Touring Series » Rules for the 2017/2018 season
-13.5 specific brand handout, rental motor, turned in at end of race, no opening or adjustments allowed
- ESC specific brand with RPM limiter, you can own one or rent it
- Gear ratios limited
Old 04-27-2018, 11:15 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by iTz Nicholas72

I like USGT because the bodies look really cool but when you have the majority of the field running the same body it kinda defeats the purpose.

Hopefully some more diversity comes back to the class or I think 21.5TC will become more popular.
Becuase it needs reinforcement. You should be able to identify the class of car, from the body type, at a distance. You shouldn't have to see the car run to know that it's a ~whatever~ class car. 21.5, 17.5, mod, TC all running the same body is a big problem in my eyes. And reasons why I think VTA and USGT, and WGT-R have any staying power.
Old 04-27-2018, 10:04 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Nerobro
Becuase it needs reinforcement. You should be able to identify the class of car, from the body type, at a distance. You shouldn't have to see the car run to know that it's a ~whatever~ class car. 21.5, 17.5, mod, TC all running the same body is a big problem in my eyes. And reasons why I think VTA and USGT, and WGT-R have any staying power.
Everyone is running the p zero in usgt. It looks like shit.
Old 04-27-2018, 10:30 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Thats because "performance" is once again more important than scale looks. USGT is just another 21.5 touring class with spec tires now. Nothing special about it any more.
Old 04-28-2018, 05:00 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nubs
Everyone is running the p zero in usgt. It looks like shit.
Thank you for crudely stating the obvious so that I didn't have to. The buck toothed, big butted "ghetto queen" look just doesn't do it for me either. Though I applaud Exotek for the effort I would have much preferred to have seen the late 90's long tailed McLaren or something else from that era of "GT" racing. Hell, I don't even like the C-7 plastic pig. Performance is a big factor in selecting a particular body but it oesn't have to be the paramount reason. It also carries a fairly simple remedy. Just put an age or last year of competition(1/1 scale) on it and be done with it. So lets say that anything produced after 2010 doesn't fit the existing rules package. Will we lose competitors to this? Maybe, but wo won't lose any racers. The self imposed stars of the hobby will piss and moan and state that this line of thinking is damaging to the hobby. That would be their flaps up, wheels in the well, belly to the ground all out quest for terminal velocity at the expense of re-kitting the car upon contact with another object hobby. Not mine. I would much prefer replica's of the knock down drag out door to door nose to tail cars from the BTCC or Australian super car series.
Old 04-28-2018, 06:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

Wow, some people just don’t get it. This is about fun at every level. And guess what, regardless of what class you run, VTA, GT, 17.5, Mod, 1/8 off-road, nitro, or something from Walmart, if you cant run laps from start to finish within a .5 sec deviation lap to lap, NONE OF THAT OTHER CRAP MATTERS. NOTHING will make you faster until you can actually run race without hitting the wall, or at least hitting the wall less than the next fastest driver. So stop focusing so much on equipment and just set-up and drive your car.
Old 04-28-2018, 02:21 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mleemor60
Thank you for crudely stating the obvious so that I didn't have to. The buck toothed, big butted "ghetto queen" look just doesn't do it for me either. Though I applaud Exotek for the effort I would have much preferred to have seen the late 90's long tailed McLaren or something else from that era of "GT" racing. Hell, I don't even like the C-7 plastic pig. Performance is a big factor in selecting a particular body but it oesn't have to be the paramount reason. It also carries a fairly simple remedy. Just put an age or last year of competition(1/1 scale) on it and be done with it. So lets say that anything produced after 2010 doesn't fit the existing rules package. Will we lose competitors to this? Maybe, but wo won't lose any racers. The self imposed stars of the hobby will piss and moan and state that this line of thinking is damaging to the hobby. That would be their flaps up, wheels in the well, belly to the ground all out quest for terminal velocity at the expense of re-kitting the car upon contact with another object hobby. Not mine. I would much prefer replica's of the knock down drag out door to door nose to tail cars from the BTCC or Australian super car series.

I was so excited to find one of the Saleen S7R bodies from HPI in my stash but I wont run it until they re-issue the thing. Its one of my favorite GT cars ever.
Old 04-29-2018, 06:41 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by theproffesor
Wow, some people just don’t get it. This is about fun at every level. And guess what, regardless of what class you run, VTA, GT, 17.5, Mod, 1/8 off-road, nitro, or something from Walmart, if you cant run laps from start to finish within a .5 sec deviation lap to lap, NONE OF THAT OTHER CRAP MATTERS. NOTHING will make you faster until you can actually run race without hitting the wall, or at least hitting the wall less than the next fastest driver. So stop focusing so much on equipment and just set-up and drive your car.
In RC racing now You (in each part) have to have
1,Excellent setup skills,
2,Great Eqiuptment
3, Good driving skill
In that order, High traction tracks , Ultra Ajustable Kits, Needed expensive accessories has taken RC racing to a place where its really expensive , time consuming job rather then putting a car on a track and driving the cars how they are.
Old 04-29-2018, 07:09 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)

Originally Posted by Lone Drifter
In RC racing now You (in each part) have to have
1,Excellent setup skills,
2,Great Eqiuptment
3, Good driving skill
In that order, High traction tracks , Ultra Ajustable Kits, Needed expensive accessories has taken RC racing to a place where its really expensive , time consuming job rather then putting a car on a track and driving the cars how they are.
Please please please tell me when competitive RC racing was ever about just putting a car on the track and driving? Before my time, but anyone remember matching round cell batteries, cutting coms, etc et?. Racing is racing. If you want to be competitive at the top level you have work at it and your equipment has to be very good. If you want to be a good club racer you don't need the same edge and driving & set-up will take you a long way.

If you want to just throw down the car and drive it go find an empty parking lot.
Old 04-29-2018, 07:35 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by mikel33
Please please please tell me when competitive RC racing was ever about just putting a car on the track and driving? Before my time, but anyone remember matching round cell batteries, cutting coms, etc et?. Racing is racing. If you want to be competitive at the top level you have work at it and your equipment has to be very good. If you want to be a good club racer you don't need the same edge and driving & set-up will take you a long way.

If you want to just throw down the car and drive it go find an empty parking lot.
Yeah maybe back before your time . the days of the RC10 car , 10L, F103 foam tire F1 way less ajustable not much you could do to the cars.
Yeah if you want to be competitive at Windy City you have to have every thing it takes to be start racing at a higher levels
Old 04-29-2018, 10:17 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)

Originally Posted by Lone Drifter
Yeah maybe back before your time . the days of the RC10 car , 10L, F103 foam tire F1 way less ajustable not much you could do to the cars.
Yeah if you want to be competitive at Windy City you have to have every thing it takes to be start racing at a higher levels
No, you really don't. Can you race 15 year old chassis with 2 year old motors and batteries and be at the top? No. Do you need the absolute latest stuff? Also no. What you do have to do is be able to set up your car and work at your driving.
Old 04-30-2018, 03:45 AM
Tech Adept

Default Blah, blah

Originally Posted by mikel33
No, you really don't. Can you race 15 year old chassis with 2 year old motors and batteries and be at the top? No. Do you need the absolute latest stuff? Also no. What you do have to do is be able to set up your car and work at your driving.
An even better solution is to get to your local track, put a car down practice, and have fun. Logging laps will make you more consistent which in turn makes you faster. Concentrate on getting smoother and making your car better! You cannot expect to set a car down and compete with someone that has logged hours of track time. But even moer important is to get out from in front of the computer complaining, and whining about what you think should be changed and support your track! Windy City is a great facility! But it cannot survive people complaining and moaning about what it should or could be! YOU NEED TO SUPPORT YOUR TRACK!! Come practice and race!!! Or else you will be able to complain! But it will be about why you cannot race anywhere!! Mull that one over!!
mariob62 likes this.

Last edited by richdevro; 04-30-2018 at 05:11 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.