Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree6280Likes

USGT

Hide Wikipost
Old 08-12-2017, 12:28 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: USGT
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: DARKSIDE
USIC USGT 2016 Motor and Chassis list in qualifing order

TQ A.F. TSR A800
2nd D.J. TeamPowers A800
3rd B.S. TSR A800
4th M.L. TSR A800
5th M.F TeamPowers A800
6th D.J TSR Destiny
7th J.W. Trinity Monster '17 Xray
8th C.V TSR Destiny
9 A.C. TSR A700
10 B.K. R1 v15 A700
13 J.L. TSR A800
14 M.L. TSR Destiny
16 J.M. TSR. 15 Xray
18 R.C. TSR T4
19 M.K. Reedy Powered M3 AE TC7
20 S.J. TSR Destiny
22 E.S. motiv T4
26 P.D. TSR Destiny
30 V.P. Reedy M3 serpent 3.0
35 Y.B. Fantom A800
38 R.C. TSR A800
40 W.S. Reedy
43 Motiv xray
46 Motiv Xray

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2010, 08:03 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

very true...
Old 10-29-2010, 01:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Rim/Tire question: Is the intent/spirit to have narrow track fronts and offset rims for the rears, or narrow track front/rear? Or is it open intentionally?
Old 10-29-2010, 02:02 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Buckaroo
Rim/Tire question: Is the intent/spirit to have narrow track fronts and offset rims for the rears, or narrow track front/rear? Or is it open intentionally?
as long as they are 24mm or 26mm narrow you can use any rim that fits the rules...ie non dish. The idea is so that if you run a 200mm body you can use more offset in the rims to fill the tires out to the edge of the body if you want....so it looks "better"....by the same token if you want have some crazy offset wheels that stick out past the body then feel free as well....just dont hit a wall.... You can also play with the offset to have different handling traits.....
Old 10-29-2010, 02:49 PM
Company Representative

We are certainly willing to work with organizations to develop programs featuring affordable US manufactured and serviced electronics like we did with USVTA. Here is the store area we set up featuring those customized products:

TeamNovak USVTA

We have designed a dealer/track-direct program for shops or organizations that are looking for an budget friendly system for local events that they are developing. If interested, email [email protected] for all the details.
Old 10-29-2010, 04:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kevin K
as long as they are 24mm or 26mm narrow you can use any rim that fits the rules...ie non dish. The idea is so that if you run a 200mm body you can use more offset in the rims to fill the tires out to the edge of the body if you want....so it looks "better"....by the same token if you want have some crazy offset wheels that stick out past the body then feel free as well....just dont hit a wall.... You can also play with the offset to have different handling traits.....
Good deal, that's what I thought. Didn't want to assume anything, though!
Old 01-28-2011, 10:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Looks like USGT lives !! New rules are up.
Old 01-28-2011, 10:29 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

I was not sure about the motor thing myself. When we talked about this last year, it was going to be 21.5 open esc. Then the Hurricane Series around here decided to have a open 21.5 OR 17.5 spec class. It's a little different, but the speed was pretty good, and both motor setups were close. 17.5 did prove to be a bit faster at the end of the run, but not bad overall.

I was thinking 21.5 spec at first, but I thought there might be a bit of a backlash toward a "slow" motor. The 17.5 spec had also proven to be a good speed for a lot of people.

I am interested to hear about the FF cars, as i have heard that 17.5 is a bit much for them. That was a concern of mine as well.

This is a little different from the usual T/A discussion in that it's not something that has worked for a long time. RCGT had many issues, from the tires to motors/boost. There is still a ton of potential there. I think the bodies and non-dished rims are the best of what got sedans started. The biggest issues are motor/esc and the fact that X patterns can get very expensive. The tire deal is something I think can be fluid. The idea of an upper limit on tire price is that there unbelted tires that do work for decent prices. However, the tire thing is not set in stone. I would like to run with it and see how it goes.

As far as 21.5, I am inclined to go that way, especially if it helps bring in FF racers. People with FF experience, do you think this would help??

USGT as it stands now..........

USGT Class Rules and Specifications
Chassis Specification:
Any 1/10 4wd or Fwd sedan with 4 wheel independent suspension.

Weight Specification:
4wd 1450g weight Fwd 1400g weight

Body Specifications:
Any 190mm or 200mm body. Body can be any body that is NOT on the ROAR T2 body list. NO Trucks
Any "SCALE" molded wings can be used. Lexan wings 10mm maximum height / side dam height
Scale type race liveries encouraged

Tire & Wheel Specifications:
Tires-Any treaded (non slick) rubber tire available 24 or 26mm, maximum non-sale street price of $12/pair at a USA retailer. Must used a non-molded (ex. open cell foam) insert or no insert. Grinding of tire tread is NOT permitted. Sanding of mold seam to remove seam is allowed.
Wheels- Any 24 or 26mm spoke (non-dish) type wheel

Ride Height Specification:
Minimum ride height is 5mm.

Motor Specifications:
17.5 + 2s lipo batteries No tuning rotors, must use OEM rotor 12.3-12.5mm

Approved ESCs:
ESC ROAR approved spec software or USVTA list

Race Specification:
6 minute qualifiers
8 minute mains

Battery Specifications:
ROAR approved hard case batteries

Last edited by robk; 01-28-2011 at 11:13 AM.
Old 01-28-2011, 10:40 AM
Tech Elite

Rob, the tire question has always irritated me since it's always been an apples to oranges complaint. X-patterns are a spec type 26mm tire for a reason. How many 24mm wheel choices do you have ?? And of those, how many are available in offsets ?? Then again, is GT about performance or does appearance count ?? RCGT was a "style" class as much as anything. Realism was a big part of the equation. Just think if VTA took that for granted.....you'd have puny 24mm tires under those awesome bodies. NO THANKS.
But then again......If what I want is just a hair thin difference between TC and GT.....all that means nothing.
And as for cost.....I remember when people cried about the 35 dollar cost for pre mount cs27's.
The whole RCGT tire SNAFU started with the announcement of the Blast Off tires. HAH !! That was a crock. No availability and it's a 21mm tire to boot.
Availability was a major concern when Andy at HPI ,with help from locals, started RCGT. It still is. Tire choices are lovely until you can't find them. Thank goodness Vintage tires and X-Patterns aren't to hard to find.

Last edited by Evoracer; 01-28-2011 at 10:54 AM.
Old 01-28-2011, 11:11 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Evoracer
Rob, the tire question has always irritated me since it's always been an apples to oranges complaint. X-patterns are a spec type 26mm tire for a reason. How many 24mm wheel choices do you have ?? And of those, how many are available in offsets ?? Then again, is GT about performance or does appearance count ?? RCGT was a "style" class as much as anything. Realism was a big part of the equation. Just think if VTA took that for granted.....you'd have puny 24mm tires under those awesome bodies. NO THANKS.
But then again......If what I want is just a hair thin difference between TC and GT.....all that means nothing.
And as for cost.....I remember when people cried about the 35 dollar cost for pre mount cs27's.
The whole RCGT tire SNAFU started with the announcement of the Blast Off tires. [B]HAH !! /B] That was a crock. No availability and it's a 21mm tire to boot.
Availability was a major concern when Andy at HPI ,with help from locals, started RCGT. It still is. Tire choices are lovely until you can't find them. Thank goodness Vintage tires and X-Patterns aren't to hard to find.
As far as the tires, HPI has a ton of tires that fit into this category- super radials, V groove, etc. Tamiya (surprisingly) has several tires as well. Integy still has the 1998 ISTC tires, as well as some C22 tires that i have and want to test. They also have some tires that look like other tires, and you can't tell from said tires, even in person. which I won't get into here I could make a tire list as well.

The tire thing is not locked down, but i want to see where it goes. Every tire manufacturer has gaps--i think HPI was wondering what in the hell was going on in the Midwest in the early days of TA.

24mm rims...there are actually spoke rims still out there, but not as easy to find. There are even some offsets, but not common. Example, this $0.99 special
http://www.integy.com/st_prod.html?p...=355&p_catid=4

Again a bit of an FF issue, but do 26mm rims work with the FF03, for example?

I like X patterns. I got a lot of runs out of them, but some guys didn't. I'd like to at least let this play out for a while to see how everybody does with it.
Old 01-28-2011, 11:28 AM
Tech Elite

The X-Pattern copies didn't get glowing reports. Been there,done that. As for the variety of other tires....you're right BUT they aren't a substantial savings and ,in some cases, (particularly Tamiya) the availability issue crops up. Even HPI has tires currently shown that may not be long for this world. 26mm simply isn't as popular for touring as 24mm, thus you will find fewer options. But 26mm is fairly critical to the "realism" aspect of the class. On the flip side, the performance requirements for these lower powered classes aren't beyond the capabilities of the tire. A win,win situation.....except for those who want it all and want it to cost pennies. Never mind that the tires may last an entire season of racing or at the very least more than a 5 minute race. Anybody want to buy a bag of 24mm race tires!? I know for fact each set has no more than 2 runs. Wow....the money we spent !
Old 01-28-2011, 11:56 AM
Tech Champion

Maybe that's another reason to go 21.5, as some of the excessive wear probably was due to running 17.5 + boost on x patterns. Again, let's let this play out for a little bit.

I think 21.5 spec might be the way to go, though.
Old 01-28-2011, 12:34 PM
Tech Elite

+1 on that !
Old 01-28-2011, 12:40 PM
Tech Adept

At my track in Camarillo, Ca RCGT died off when 17.5 boost came out and we were having to buy a new set of X-patterns every two race days just to keep up. Another track called West Coast RC an indoor asphalt track about 50 miles away from ours started a class called Super Gt. Super gt is the same as RCGT but we run 21.5 non-timing, with 24mm pre-mount Solaris slick tires, as a spec tire. We kept the rules the same so someone could go up to our track and not have to change a bunch of things to their car just to run at our track and vice versa. Super Gt has been a blast it all comes down to driver and setup skills, also with the non-timing boost 21.5 speeds we are getting 2-3 race days out of a set of Solaris hard compound tires. Tires are hard to spec because carpet and asphalt wear tires differently from each other. The tire wear has not been an issue for us because at Camarillo we only race twice a month so it seems longer in between times that we have to buy tires.
Old 01-28-2011, 01:34 PM
Tech Elite

Pete Waydo (reenmachine) developed the Super GT + program which includes the FF cars. Same rules as WCRC I believe other than the FF inclusion.
http://www.roadrunnersrc.com/misc/BFTRIV_Rules.pdf
Old 01-28-2011, 02:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Why not full out open 21.5/ speedo. That way there isnt any tech for speedos plus that gives us a class for our spx since we can nolonger run it in spec. And not as up to par in tc. Pluss if roar does away with old esc's it will give them all a home even our tekin v 212

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.