Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree6280Likes

USGT

Hide Wikipost
Old 08-12-2017, 12:28 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: USGT
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: DARKSIDE
USIC USGT 2016 Motor and Chassis list in qualifing order

TQ A.F. TSR A800
2nd D.J. TeamPowers A800
3rd B.S. TSR A800
4th M.L. TSR A800
5th M.F TeamPowers A800
6th D.J TSR Destiny
7th J.W. Trinity Monster '17 Xray
8th C.V TSR Destiny
9 A.C. TSR A700
10 B.K. R1 v15 A700
13 J.L. TSR A800
14 M.L. TSR Destiny
16 J.M. TSR. 15 Xray
18 R.C. TSR T4
19 M.K. Reedy Powered M3 AE TC7
20 S.J. TSR Destiny
22 E.S. motiv T4
26 P.D. TSR Destiny
30 V.P. Reedy M3 serpent 3.0
35 Y.B. Fantom A800
38 R.C. TSR A800
40 W.S. Reedy
43 Motiv xray
46 Motiv Xray

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2017, 09:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NutDriver
Speedy,
Antithesis of the spirit of USGT??
So a car that has been actively raced in GT series worldwide for more than a decade is "the antithesis of the spirit of USGT"???
I love the pictures, but aren't all of those the Zonda, not the Huayra?

No matter, as long as we have another gorgeous body to run in USGT!
pphaneuf likes this.
Old 07-22-2017, 09:36 AM
Tech Master

I was under the impression that USGT bodies were supposed to represent scale versions of real GT race cars? I don't see the issue here. They look like real GT race cars to me....

There's two points to make here:

1: The body alone, will not win the race. Believe it or not, the driver still has to drive the car....which, last time I checked, still matters most.

2: These bodies will not kill the class, but you know what will? Arguing and complaining about every advancement or progress made within the class. I agree, some changes don't really coincide with the "spirit' of the class, but I don't see where a broader spectrum of bodies goes against the spirit of USGT.

If someone is killing the field with one of these bodies, I can almost guarantee it's not just the body. Driver's skill, tuning, etc. still win races.

Just have fun and enjoy this kick-ass class. It's cool racing these realistic bodies. Especially when realistic paint schemes are used.

BTW, also have a new blog post up, for those interested in reading it.
Ironically, this post is all about just having fun. Let me know what you think.

theRACERunderground: Thoughts From a RACER - Have Fun Like a Novice
Kevin K, DARKSIDE and NutDriver like this.

Last edited by cementsurfer86; 07-22-2017 at 10:15 AM.
Old 07-22-2017, 09:59 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (92%+)

Well said. It's all and always has been the person controlling the remote wins races
People need to stop complaining about motor companies and bodies and whatever else
It's a hobby
It's fun
Win or lose nobody here is getting paid to have fun
cementsurfer86 likes this.
Old 07-22-2017, 10:10 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by howardcano
I love the pictures, but aren't all of those the Zonda, not the Huayra?

No matter, as long as we have another gorgeous body to run in USGT!
I too thought it's a Zonda. Huayra kindw looks like A Zonda and Predator got frisky. obviously the most bad ass thing ever, if ya like that kinda thing...
Old 07-22-2017, 10:13 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by cementsurfer86
I was under the impression that USGT bodies were supposed to represent scale versions of real GT race cars? I don't see the issue here.

There's two points to make here:

1: The body alone, will not win the race. Believe it or not, the driver still has to drive the car....which, last time I checked, still matters most.

2: These bodies will not kill the class, but you know what will? Arguing and complaining about every advancement or progress made within the class. I agree, some changes don't really coincide with the "spirit' of the class, but I don't see where a broader spectrum of bodies goes against the spirit of USGT.

If someone is killing the field with one of these bodies, I can almost guarantee it's not just the body. Driver's skill, tuning, etc. still win races.

Just have fun and enjoy this kick-ass class. It's cool racing these realistic bodies. Especially when realistic paint schemes are used.

BTW, also have a new blog post up, for those interested in reading it.
Ironically, this post is all about just having fun. Let me know what you think.

theRACERunderground: Thoughts From a RACER - Have Fun Like a Novice
I have an idea for yet another class... "The Spirit of Sportsmanship and Getting out the House on the Weekends" class.
cementsurfer86 likes this.
Old 07-22-2017, 03:42 PM
Tech Master

Man this is why RC racing is dying. The bitching moaning and general whining.

I race real cars also, everything from super dirt late models to a full blown GT3 Nissan GTR.
These are races with money on the line and some real large expenses. There is less bitching and whining in real cars.

This is a hobby, a fun way to spend time but the amount of bitching it produces really takes away from the fun aspect. (And turns some new people off I bet....)

Everyone needs to realize it TOY Cars. Calm down and have fun. Rant over....
mariob62 and NutDriver like this.
Old 07-22-2017, 06:29 PM
Tech Regular

It seems to me that sometimes people take the posts on this forum the wrong way. Dale gave his opinion from his point of view, I gave mine, Kevin gave his, lots of racers gave their input, we see a really nice new body from Exotek, and I'm not seeing anybody bent out of shape. We may all disagree with each other, some even take sides. But there's no harm in the discussion we've had. I certainly enjoy discussions about different types of cars much more than motors and tires, but that's just me. I usually learn a lot from these discussions. It's not uncommon to hear a point of view that I never thought of, even if I still may disagree with it. It's all valuable information for Manufacturers and racers as well. I'm still willing to let the people in charge make the final decisions. I can only hope they take my point of view into consideration with the rest.

Gary McAllister
MD and DARKSIDE like this.
Old 07-22-2017, 09:51 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by flyingm
It seems to me that sometimes people take the posts on this forum the wrong way. Dale gave his opinion from his point of view, I gave mine, Kevin gave his, lots of racers gave their input, we see a really nice new body from Exotek, and I'm not seeing anybody bent out of shape. We may all disagree with each other, some even take sides. But there's no harm in the discussion we've had. I certainly enjoy discussions about different types of cars much more than motors and tires, but that's just me. I usually learn a lot from these discussions. It's not uncommon to hear a point of view that I never thought of, even if I still may disagree with it. It's all valuable information for Manufacturers and racers as well. I'm still willing to let the people in charge make the final decisions. I can only hope they take my point of view into consideration with the rest.

Gary McAllister
Here Here!
Old 07-22-2017, 11:34 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by patorz31
Man this is why RC racing is dying. The bitching moaning and general whining.

I race real cars also, everything from super dirt late models to a full blown GT3 Nissan GTR.
These are races with money on the line and some real large expenses. There is less bitching and whining in real cars.

This is a hobby, a fun way to spend time but the amount of bitching it produces really takes away from the fun aspect. (And turns some new people off I bet....)

Everyone needs to realize it TOY Cars. Calm down and have fun. Rant over....
Yeah its not the motor or battery of the week or the "lets bend the rules just a little" BS thats killing RC right?? You people cant pick rules and adhere to them to save your lives. Yet another class that had simple rules has been ruined by "fudging" to the point where no one really knows the rules any more. I guess just throwing the letters "GT" at the end of the name of a body makes it a GT body.
Why not make the DPi GT body? It says GT so it must be a GT race car right? Im over it and this convoluted class.
Old 07-23-2017, 08:20 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

The Exotek P Zero or the Pagani Zonda is a real on road sports as tested on Top Gear
https://youtu.be/zyC3CWDlEzY

The beauty of GT racing is there is a body for everyone's taste and driving style I have been running USGT since the early days of the class I've run the McAlister DP bodies I have every Tamiya GT bodies made OK most. Anyone knows me I have raced or Tested more different GT bodies and it isn't the body in GT that is an advantage it is the car setup,motor or battery. Motor and battery and setup Trump body no matter how slick the body is. Well setup block of a body in the hands of a good racer will beat the slickest bodies made.
There are few tracks in the US that are big enough or fast enough for aerodynamics of a Aerodynamic body to make a difference.

Last edited by vivo quevas; 07-23-2017 at 09:17 AM.
Old 07-23-2017, 12:18 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by SpeedySST
Yeah its not the motor or battery of the week or the "lets bend the rules just a little" BS thats killing RC right?? You people cant pick rules and adhere to them to save your lives. Yet another class that had simple rules has been ruined by "fudging" to the point where no one really knows the rules any more. I guess just throwing the letters "GT" at the end of the name of a body makes it a GT body.
Why not make the DPi GT body? It says GT so it must be a GT race car right? Im over it and this convoluted class.
Oh no! Don't go, we'll miss your sunny disposition and easy going ways. If he's out I'm out too. Just way too many rules that are not enforced (anyone else sense the oxymoron in this phrase or am I just imagining it...) I need the bare minimum amount of rules but those rules need to be enforced like it's the 1936 Olympics (held in Germany that year during what a lot of people called "Nazi Disco Fun Time Administration for the People But only a Certain Subsect of The Best Blonde Roller Disco Goosestep Dancing People" but I digress). HEIL DAS RULES!
I'm just kidding Nazis hate disco.
I'm sorry, what was the question?
Old 07-23-2017, 01:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)

I think there are a number of posters in this thread that could use a few shots of tequila.
Old 07-23-2017, 06:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

To turn the tone of the thread back to awesome, positive vibrations, here's some fantastic news: ROAR has now added minimum resistance rules for all spec motors, including our 21.5T wind:

http://roarracing.com/blog/media/200...otor_Rules.pdf
Old 07-23-2017, 06:28 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by howardcano
To turn the tone of the thread back to awesome, positive vibrations, here's some fantastic news: ROAR has now added minimum resistance rules for all spec motors, including our 21.5T wind:

http://roarracing.com/blog/media/200...otor_Rules.pdf
We were just talking about this during our practice day yesterday. Had a good long convo with Mike at Maclan Racing about it, and while at first I was skeptical about classes like stock touring going to 21.5, I think it's for the best.

As for the minimum IR ratings for the "spec' winds, I couldn't agree more. Should keep everything more on a level playing field. Let's be honest, things were already starting to get a bit out of hand. This should hopefully change that.
Old 07-23-2017, 06:34 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

8.4.7.2.5 ROAR Spec 25.5 motor: The three slotted stator must be wound with 25.5 turns of two
strands of wire with a maximum diameter of .643mm per slot. No motor will be approved with a
resistance less than 101 milliohms between any 2 phases of the motor (AB, AC, BC), when measured at
25C with an Instek GOM 802 milliohm meter. The stator stack length must be a minimum of 19.7mm
and a maximum of 21.0mm. Only 12.3 mm diameter rotors will be permitted in 25.5 Spec motors and
the diameter must measure 12.30 +/-.05 mm. The rotor magnet length must be between a minimum of
25.0mm and a maximum of 26.0mm, not including any balancing material.
8.4.7.2.6 ROAR Spec 21.5 motor: The three slotted stator must be wound with 21.5 turns of two
strands of a maximum diameter of 0.724mm per slot. No motor will be approved with a resistance less
than 55.6 milliohms* between any 2 phases of the motor (AB, AC, BC), when measured at 25C with an
Instek GOM 802 milliohm meter.
8.4.7.2.7 ROAR Spec 17.5 motor: The three slotted stator must be wound with 17.5 turns of 2 strands
of a maximum diameter of .813 mm per slot. No motor will be approved with a resistance less than 35.6
milliohms* between any 2 phases of the motor (AB, AC, BC), when measured at 25C with an Instek GOM
802 milliohm meter.
mariob62 and NutDriver like this.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.