R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   new F1 !!! (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/410758-new-f1.html)

il-gufo 06-23-2010 01:48 PM

new F1 !!!

After having launched their 1/8 2WD "classic" car in both gas powered and electric powere versions, at WRC are preparing a new 1/10 electric powered F1....

Here are some photos of a prototype (still sharing some Tamiya parts)...

http://www.rc-elettrico.it/Forum/vie...php?f=57&t=393

more news in the future at:

http://www.wrc-racing.com/

FREAKAH 06-23-2010 02:00 PM

Looks great! Like the front wing idea. Also looks like it's going to be expensive.

Keep us updated.

il-gufo 06-23-2010 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by FREAKAH (Post 7580889)
Looks great! Like the front wing idea. Also looks like it's going to be expensive.

Keep us updated.

rolling chassis will be sold for about 250 euros in Italy...

It is likely that WRC will be looking for distributors/dealers outside Itlay...

bakaguyjean 06-24-2010 08:40 AM

You can tell that a Nitro guy designed this. Too much alloy.All of that alloy need to go away and be replace by FRP or carbon. With the alloy, the first hit and the whole chassis will permently tweak beyound use. Even then using pivoting upper arms with a flat material for the lower arms will allow the arms to flex more than the springs. For very low grip circuits this might be ok, but average circuits will require you to run very hard springs to make up for the flexable lower and upper arms of this design.It looks like they tried to help out the arm flex with the front wing,but I dont see it helping much. The front wing in the picture is 3D printed,but if it made from plastic it looks to thin to help the arms and if it made from re-inforced carbon plastic it looks like it just would break. Tech Racing had a chassis like this but they didnt use the pivot ball upper arms and they also but a large block of plastic between the upper and lower arms towards the knuckles. With the Tech Racing Chassis it works but both the FRP and Carbon arms wear from the flexing. Flat piece of composite are not made to flex as much as suspension arms do. The plates wear out and you end up with flexable arms that are not the same on both sides. So you either have to balance the with different springs or just replace the arms. Tamiya F103 arms are around $6,the Tech Racing arms are around $15 just for the top of bottom.

The more I look at this the more it looks like a very bad Idea. Looks as though the steering servo is mounted flat, but upside down? That could have huge issues with bodies,requireing a low profile servo only.

The lowest chassis plate needs a bumper,oh wait the servo saver is there to protect the chassis?

From what I can see in the two picture the rear looks good. Im guessing they are planing on useing the Tamiya F104 ESC and reciever mounts.

Hopefully they think this through a bit more as its nice to have more F1 chassis around but not poorly thought out cars. Its just bad for F1.

il-gufo 06-24-2010 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by bakaguyjean (Post 7584665)
You can tell that a Nitro guy designed this. Too much alloy.All of that alloy need to go away and be replace by FRP or carbon. With the alloy, the first hit and the whole chassis will permently tweak beyound use. Even then using pivoting upper arms with a flat material for the lower arms will allow the arms to flex more than the springs. For very low grip circuits this might be ok, but average circuits will require you to run very hard springs to make up for the flexable lower and upper arms of this design.It looks like they tried to help out the arm flex with the front wing,but I dont see it helping much. The front wing in the picture is 3D printed,but if it made from plastic it looks to thin to help the arms and if it made from re-inforced carbon plastic it looks like it just would break. Tech Racing had a chassis like this but they didnt use the pivot ball upper arms and they also but a large block of plastic between the upper and lower arms towards the knuckles. With the Tech Racing Chassis it works but both the FRP and Carbon arms wear from the flexing. Flat piece of composite are not made to flex as much as suspension arms do. The plates wear out and you end up with flexable arms that are not the same on both sides. So you either have to balance the with different springs or just replace the arms. Tamiya F103 arms are around $6,the Tech Racing arms are around $15 just for the top of bottom.

The more I look at this the more it looks like a very bad Idea. Looks as though the steering servo is mounted flat, but upside down? That could have huge issues with bodies,requireing a low profile servo only.

The lowest chassis plate needs a bumper,oh wait the servo saver is there to protect the chassis?

From what I can see in the two picture the rear looks good. Im guessing they are planing on useing the Tamiya F104 ESC and reciever mounts.

Hopefully they think this through a bit more as its nice to have more F1 chassis around but not poorly thought out cars. Its just bad for F1.

it's just a protopype.... carbon fiber will pop up shortly, I suppose...
abiut the servo... yes it must be a "low profile" one!
The guy who designed the car wants a car with a real "high nose" front like real F1s...

InspGadgt 06-24-2010 10:40 AM

Additionally I would suggest you use the same wing and body mounting as Tamiya so that replacement bodies and wings are easy to find.

il-gufo 06-24-2010 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by InspGadgt (Post 7585082)
Additionally I would suggest you use the same wing and body mounting as Tamiya so that replacement bodies and wings are easy to find.

I think it will be done only for the rear wing...

MaxSp97 06-24-2010 07:37 PM

3 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by il-gufo (Post 7585056)
it's just a protopype.... carbon fiber will pop up shortly, I suppose...
abiut the servo... yes it must be a "low profile" one!
The guy who designed the car wants a car with a real "high nose" front like real F1s...

Here are the pictures of the HPI EXOTEK F10. This car is look like real F1 than others.:nod:
Awesome job you did Mike.:cool:

il-gufo 08-04-2010 01:07 PM

more photos

http://www.rc-elettrico.it/Forum/vie...3&p=2820#p2820
page two

Production cars should be available by november.... Christmas gift?

M03Racer 08-04-2010 03:42 PM

Not impressed we have better stuff here in the U.S.

il-gufo 08-04-2010 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by M03Racer (Post 7761905)

Time will tell.... ;)

vabroom 08-04-2010 04:21 PM

Who or What?

avs 08-04-2010 04:27 PM

i am impressed, i am particularly interested in the 1/8 treads. that is a very interesting idea for a 1/8 2wd rubber tire class

i am unaware of anything like this whatsoever here in the US. M03Racer, maybe you could enlighten us all?

boro92 08-05-2010 06:32 AM

unless the rear pod pivots on a ball joint for up/down action (or something similar), the back end of the car is going to be super stiff on compression (not roll).

Sauber F1 08-05-2010 09:26 AM

Originally Posted by vabroom (Post 7762037)
Who or What?

I am interested as well. I have seen some 3D drawings but nothing real so far.

il-gufo 08-06-2010 05:29 AM

Originally Posted by boro92 (Post 7764545)
unless the rear pod pivots on a ball joint for up/down action (or something similar), the back end of the car is going to be super stiff on compression (not roll).

you're right... pivot ball and two guides with adjustable springs...

mxrich 08-06-2010 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by vabroom (Post 7762037)
Who or What?

Let's start with the Alpha F1, low production but super fast if you can get your hands on one. Most go to team drivers. Enforcer RC (MLP design) I've driven these and they are the best I've seen so far. Look at my avitar.:D The new Corally is good but high$$$. The old Corally F1 is still a rocket everywhere it goes. The rcindycar Spitfire is super smooth and is based on associated so parts are easy to get. F103's and F104's are everywhere. Plenty of Cross F1's still making laps out there. TRG and Tech racing has new models. The best of the bunch right now with Tamiya wheels is the 3 racing F109. This car is fast out of the box and stays that way...poor Tamiya, now they are just traffic again. Did I miss anyone? Oh, if you can find a CRC F1 grab it and don't let go. Nothing will turn inside one of those monsters, I love mine. Hyperdrive? Once in a while they will crank out a few and they are like gold to the owners. Start bugging them to build some more, they are way cool.

vabroom 08-06-2010 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by mxrich (Post 7771419)
Let's start with the Alpha F1, low production but super fast if you can get your hands on one. Most go to team drivers. Enforcer RC (MLP design) I've driven these and they are the best I've seen so far. Look at my avitar.:D The new Corally is good but high$$$. The old Corally F1 is still a rocket everywhere it goes. The rcindycar Spitfire is super smooth and is based on associated so parts are easy to get. F103's and F104's are everywhere. Plenty of Cross F1's still making laps out there. TRG and Tech racing has new models. The best of the bunch right now with Tamiya wheels is the 3 racing F109. This car is fast out of the box and stays that way...poor Tamiya, now they are just traffic again. Did I miss anyone? Oh, if you can find a CRC F1 grab it and don't let go. Nothing will turn inside one of those monsters, I love mine. Hyperdrive? Once in a while they will crank out a few and they are like gold to the owners. Start bugging them to build some more, they are way cool.

I think, at least that's how I interpid it, M03Racer was talking about US products. The last time I've heard MLP closed down because of health reasons and as far as I know RCIndycar has a small following. Exotech just started making chassis. The rest you mention are from overseas.

mxrich 08-07-2010 11:23 AM

That's it.MLP is down but never count him out. Enforcer is using his designs to build a killer car. Rcindy could be a huge comany with the right marketing. The cars are great, they just need to go to Cleveland and other events to let everyone see the product. The oveseas guys have a fast shipping setup now which makes them available, rcmart and d-drive are selling all over the place now. I forgot about the new HPI doorstop...what a pile of, well you know.:lol: The only thing that keeps it out of the landfill are the tires. Ride F201 12mm hex means you can mount 201 wheels and tires for those that still have them around. The kit tires are ok. I really like the idea ...not! of buying the steering/ rear axle/diff kit/ which cost more than the car just to be able to run 14mmTamiya wheels??? The battery should have been down the center to start with. The rear pod would be better as a doorstop. The Duratrax with all the options was/is way better and cheaper. Now, with that said, I hope they sell a million of them I really do. I have one and all the things I griped about are being changed as I type this. Can't wait to drive it when it gets here. I just like F1 cars.:D

vabroom 08-07-2010 11:36 AM

Yeah I heard you. Have you had any experience with the Exotech chassis for that HPI door stop?

vabroom 08-07-2010 11:44 AM

mxrich, do you have a link to Enforcer? All I could find was a link to Enforcer in Australia, no F1 on that site.

oldnwise 08-07-2010 08:13 PM

Originally Posted by vabroom (Post 7773724)
mxrich, do you have a link to Enforcer? All I could find was a link to Enforcer in Australia, no F1 on that site.

http://www.enforcerrc.com/

snoopyrc 08-07-2010 08:43 PM

Originally Posted by vabroom (Post 7773708)
Yeah I heard you. Have you had any experience with the Exotech chassis for that HPI door stop?

Never seen it in action, but I love the look. Seems like it really steps up the HPI car. I would love it if Exotek would produce the MLP. Or BMI I know Jason could stamp those out if he was interested.

liljohn1064 08-07-2010 10:40 PM

Originally Posted by mxrich (Post 7773676)
That's it.MLP is down but never count him out. Enforcer is using his designs to build a killer car. Rcindy could be a huge comany with the right marketing. The cars are great, they just need to go to Cleveland and other events to let everyone see the product. The oveseas guys have a fast shipping setup now which makes them available, rcmart and d-drive are selling all over the place now. I forgot about the new HPI doorstop...what a pile of, well you know.:lol: The only thing that keeps it out of the landfill are the tires. Ride F201 12mm hex means you can mount 201 wheels and tires for those that still have them around. The kit tires are ok. I really like the idea ...not! of buying the steering/ rear axle/diff kit/ which cost more than the car just to be able to run 14mmTamiya wheels??? The battery should have been down the center to start with. The rear pod would be better as a doorstop. The Duratrax with all the options was/is way better and cheaper. Now, with that said, I hope they sell a million of them I really do. I have one and all the things I griped about are being changed as I type this. Can't wait to drive it when it gets here. I just like F1 cars.:D

The Spitfire needs a servo mount and single bellcrank steering system. I'm working on it. :) It is a very very nice piece.

2wdrive 08-08-2010 02:21 AM

Originally Posted by mxrich (Post 7771419)
The new Corally is good but high$$$. The old Corally F1 is still a rocket everywhere it goes.

Too bad a brushless motor doesn't fit in the rear pod. I have an old corally f1 carbon edition but can only run brushed with it. ( i know you can dremel the pod etc but it is a no go for me).

by the way, anyone know by experience what lipo's fit the old corally f1? I can't find one that fits.

InspGadgt 08-08-2010 03:08 AM

Originally Posted by snoopyrc (Post 7775006)
Never seen it in action, but I love the look. Seems like it really steps up the HPI car. I would love it if Exotek would produce the MLP. Or BMI I know Jason could stamp those out if he was interested.

Yeah I'd love to see an F1 version of the Copperhead 10...especially with the new front suspension he has...A really nice F1 type suspension could be made out of that :)

liljohn1064 08-09-2010 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by InspGadgt (Post 7775688)
Yeah I'd love to see an F1 version of the Copperhead 10...especially with the new front suspension he has...A really nice F1 type suspension could be made out of that :)

Inboard shocks maybe?

il-gufo 03-26-2011 09:39 AM

new photos....

http://www.wrc-racing.com/ita/rccar_dett_f-one.php

the car is ready.... soon available...

mxrich 03-26-2011 09:55 AM

Now that version looks Mo' better. Let's hope they can get it in the states.

snoopyrc 03-26-2011 10:17 AM

This statement is arrogant and not really backed up. Yes there are some excellent designs out there by American projects like Alpha 1 and the Enforcer licensed MLP designs. I have seen them both run and they perform very well, but the reason I have a problem with the above statement is that it is dissing a product that he knows nothing about and with it he is dissing the design and production capabilities of Italians. Not cool at all. Plus everyone recognizes the depths of Italian racing heritage. Why shouldnt we all expect it to penetrate into the RC market?

I hope to see this kit in the US at a price competitive with the Tamiya products. If thats the case and if I find a good source of parts then I will be picking up one of these.