Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2004, 07:02 AM
V12
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by johnbull
.Hi friends. Greetings from Malta.

ANDERS .

You must have missed my earlier post. I know how you feel about Andreas performance. I'm a racing Dad too.

DRIVING TALENT.

Masami has got to be the most experienced. How many World championships has he won - and not necessarily with the fastest car.

Hara has got to be the quickest. He is young, has learnt alot from Masami from his Yokomo days - I remember them both at the Worlds in 98, Hara was like Masami's protege.He is blindingly quick. Dare I say the quickest driver at the moment!

Barry B. Always the bridesmaid. Wouldn't it be nice if he made it this time. He's got the balls!

But like Anders says, there are the Europeans too. Spashett knows about winning World Championships, Drescher is capable in my opinion, and I really rate Groskamp.

It's going to be interesting.

Regards

Joe from sunny Malta.
... and donīt forget Marc Rheinard. He also is young and very talented. Just look back at the LRP Masters this year.
He did beat World Champs like Hara, Surikarn and Spashett using exactly the same stuff like motor and batteries. Even using Haraīs ESC. This was during qualifying and all of the three A-finals. Barry even didnīt have a chance getting into the A-final.
Old 05-07-2004, 11:09 AM
Tech Master

Hi friends. Greetings from Malta.

V12. You have a point about young Marc Reinhard. He will definately go places.

ANDERS. I have been following your sons' (plural) progress for some time on the various web pages. Andreas seems to have suddenly "found his feet" and can play up there with the big boys.

I'm attaching a pic of proud dad presenting son Josh with the trophy for the Easter Cup meeting which he won recently. He has also just taken his 6th National championship.

Good luck and regards

Joe from sunny Malta.
Attached Thumbnails 2004 IFMAR ISTC & 1/12th On Road Worlds at Full Throttle Speedway-easter-04-josh-2-3.jpg  
Old 05-07-2004, 11:37 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I honestly think the Reedy Race is going to be a good indicator of how the worlds may end up. Especially with the weather we've been having in this area. I haven't been to the track in Florida so maybe someone who has been there and Tamiya's track can compare the two.
Old 05-07-2004, 01:46 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by AdrianM
And when he wasn't getting hit Barry kept launching his car of the curb entering the straight...lol!
Jorge put your name on that curb Barry! Don't worry though, Jorge tells me that isn't part of the Worlds layout.
It was scary to see how far the wall moved when he hit it!
Old 05-07-2004, 02:49 PM
Tech Initiate

Hi ! slipping in on the ice a bit but...
I noticed that www.rcresults.com (hosting the movies from Pre-Worlds) has gone down.

I run the swedish site www.remoted.net and would like to host these files so that everyone can se how a car should be driven.

The owner or anyone else who downloaded them are welcome to send me an E-mail

[email protected]

/Mikael Andersson
Old 05-07-2004, 04:46 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I think the track in Florida is gonna be more damp, because of the humidity. But the Reedy race should be a good precurser.
Old 05-08-2004, 01:18 PM
Tech Initiate

@David Croy
incoming Email
Old 05-13-2004, 07:06 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

The track should not be damp. This isnt Seattle...lol! Even when it rains the track will dry quickly.
Old 05-13-2004, 08:50 PM
Tech Rookie

Hey Barry- good luck at the Reedy... The guys kinda hurried me at pre-worlds so I didn't get to say bye. Hopefully I'll be able to get down to Kissimmee in October to hang out for a while- should be a good time! And Dad says hey! Email me when you get a chance! -Katie [email protected]
Old 05-15-2004, 10:12 AM
Tech Adept

Hey gatorgirl :P As promised...

Good luck to Marc, Surikarn and Jun if he attends the event! go TRF
Old 05-15-2004, 10:47 AM
Tech Rookie

Hey Alvaro! How's Spain? I have lots of new pictures- I'll send them soon... Do you know for sure if you are coming to the worlds yet? We have to get together and have dinner and go out on the boat! I'll talk to you online if you are on later! -K
Old 05-17-2004, 04:41 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default Stage Report for the Worlds

Can someone please advise when the next stage report for the worlds will be out as I was under the understanding it would be last week.
It would be good to get it as soon as possible so as I can go ahead and firm up some plans for my trip to the worlds.
Old 05-18-2004, 09:37 AM
Tech Champion

It has to be posted by the end of this month. It will appear on www.fullthrottlespeedway.com
Old 05-20-2004, 09:10 AM
Tech Champion

Some one a while ago had asked about the stopping of production of a key chemical used in R/C Car tires.

We asked TakeOff to look into this and get us the facts regarding this.

They Replied:

'The chemical is still in production, the manufacturer has no plans to stop making it, rubber R/C car tires will continue to be available for many years to come.'
Old 05-20-2004, 01:15 PM
Tech Master

Thats great news Adrian!! Take-offs are pretty much the standard around here since our local track requires the CS-27 and/or CS-32 as a spec tire for mod but many of the stock guys are using them as well.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.