R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   Modified Motor Forum _+_+_+_+ (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/39881-modified-motor-forum-_-_-_-_.html)

Nexus 05-04-2004 05:22 PM

Modified Motor Forum _+_+_+_+

Just thought I'd start a thread to see what modifieds people are running....

Looking for opinions on the new 4mag KR's and D6 mods....or...by chance have alot of people had a chance to run the new Orion Revolution mods....looks like Hara and some other guys threw down pretty good at the Pre-Worlds.

=MisFitz= NuKe 05-04-2004 06:41 PM

well, I am running Redline stuff. EJ doesnt have a website up YET, but he is very well known through out Cali. I used to run the Kr's, and they were very fast too, and I tried the D5, flatwire, and that was the biggest piece. Some guys are running the Orion Revs. at our track, and they are also very quick.

R/C Anonymous 05-04-2004 08:09 PM

my D5 haulzzzzzzz

Randy Caster 05-04-2004 08:19 PM

All the D5's I've seen have been really good... I prefer the D6 right now, but I am testing with Kr's to see if that's gonna be the motor to run.

black-knight 05-04-2004 08:48 PM

What about Revolution Orion/Peak motors have these been ontrack in the US much (at Club level) ?

Randy Caster 05-04-2004 08:53 PM

I tried the revolution motors but they are really too smooth for me, I like a regular endbell motor personally. One nice thing about the revolution endbell is that the brushes definately do last forever. I'll use brushes for 1 run in my D6's or Kr's but was able to go 3-4 runs with a revoltion before the power sucked.

The Black Kat 05-04-2004 09:17 PM

My D5 11x1 brushes lasted me about 3 packs before the tips turned purple...yes the tip turned purple :eek: :rolleyes: :lol:

I like mod, I can't afford a new motor (I want one)

I'm getting some hodge-podge mod within the next week (week is a long time) "old 12x2 can with a 10x2 Arm...probably needs a rebuild" - can't beat the price of free. Maybe I'll pop the 10x2 arm into the D5's can.....:D

I'm bored....I just needed to write something along the topic

pro4_chris 05-05-2004 04:54 AM

the revolution motors are great i took 3 seconds off my time by switching form a orion core 12x1 to a hara 12x1 and the brushes last much longer, even more so if you use the enduro brushes

Wency_TA03R-PRO 05-05-2004 08:59 AM

Originally posted by pro4_chris
the revolution motors are great i took 3 seconds off my time by switching form a orion core 12x1 to a hara 12x1 and the brushes last much longer, even more so if you use the enduro brushes
KR and PT then TI reedy motors are great modified motors. But if you want to go faster and have a budget for a modified one why don't you try the hand-wound motord.. :D :smile: :nod: :cool: Im sure you'll be satisfied for what you pay for.. :D :sweat: :lol: :tire: Anyway its just a suggestion.. :nod: :cool: :)

rtypec 05-05-2004 11:02 AM

umm wency, most of the motors mentioned already ARE hand-wound motors, and are plenty fast. Atleast fast enough to get into trouble...

trf racer 05-05-2004 11:44 AM

ive used the peak surikrn edition 12*1 HS and the reedy KR 12*2 HS and the peak had much more bottom end torque but the KR had a bit more top end.
but overall the peak is by far the best.

Wency_TA03R-PRO 05-05-2004 02:04 PM

Originally posted by rtypec
Atleast fast enough to get into trouble...
yup! they really are a fast motors.. So this means getting your kit that fast depends on how you drive it away from the solid walls or else you just slam it really bad.. :nod: :) :sweat:

H A P P Y R A C I N G!!!!!!!!! :tire: :tire: :tire:

Nexus 05-05-2004 02:12 PM

using a 9T KR or D6...

what type of rollout (measured in inches) would you be running at a large 185ftx100ft track?

tufferwilde 05-05-2004 02:28 PM

As far as the orion/peak V2 motors... you really con't go wrong with them, possibly the only spot they are lacking is some of the bottom end grunt for TC... Off road, they are by far the best motors I have run in a long time.

Not to mention the time between rebuilds! 30 runs on 2WD mod, 15 on 4WD

Wilde

Rowdy 05-05-2004 03:37 PM

I ran an orion V2 for the first time last weekend. It was a blue endbell modified version 8x1. I found it to have plenty of power down low but I thought it lacked some top end speed. The motor was very smooth and efficient, I was coming in with about 30 seconds more runtime than with a core touring.

I read this week on the orion website that an 8x1 modified version is equal in power to a 10x1 touring version, so that may explain the increase in runtime. I thought 30 secs was a bit to good to be true.