Wiki Posts
Search

3 interesting prototypes from RC Magazine

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2004, 06:26 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Thumbs up 3 interesting prototypes from RC Magazine

Here are some pictures of 3 prototypes in the april issue of RCM (Japan) I bought during a trip to Taipei, just wanted to share them

I don't know how this one would handle...Seems to be a normal SD with some RS parts, a R3 steering rack and a custom made motor/spur gear mount (made out 2 RS motor mounts)
SD

I've saw this one on a personal webpage before, just a SV10 with an Assasin direct transmission.
SV10 Berkut

This one is pretty interesting...looks like the description of the "Spied Losi"
???

Would be glad to hear a translation from those articles
If some one is interested I can make some other scan with more details (especially of the SD based prototype).
Old 04-21-2004, 06:28 AM
Tech Fanatic

Sorry the links don't work, here is a general one to all the pics.articles
Old 04-21-2004, 06:54 AM
Tech Elite

I like the Proto1, not because I like shaft cars (I dont), but because someone finally make a different shaft car.

That Proto3 also looks interesting, but the CG seems to be high, because the the belt goes UNDER the motor and batts. But again, I like when somebody have the courage to be different
Old 04-21-2004, 07:21 AM
Tech Fanatic

I don't see why the first one wouldn't work.
A classical shaft car is not so well balanced too, but in the same time I imagine this layout had been experimented by all manufacturers.
Old 04-21-2004, 07:26 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by utieh
I don't see why the first one wouldn't work.
A classical shaft car is not so well balanced too, but in the same time I imagine this layout had been experimented by all manufacturers.
Interesting point, you are probably right about it's already been tried by the other manufactureres.
Old 04-21-2004, 07:26 AM
Tech Regular

Yeah, you'd imagine that the front motor/rear battery concept was tested by all manufacturers, but then again, you never know. I really like the idea. Good left/right balance with a saddle pack and a bit more rear weight bias.
Old 04-21-2004, 07:30 AM
Tech Fanatic

I believe the left/right balance is not really an issue, with nowadays heavy GPs, you have to add a lot of weights on the motor side
If you place the transponder close to the servo and you add a few weights this prototype should be pretty well balanced.
Old 04-21-2004, 07:36 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I also like prototype 1, the shaft drive with saddle pack looks like a good combination,

the reason why I chose the Xray factory over the Pro 4 and 415 was because of the better weight distribution of the battery's,
Old 04-21-2004, 09:05 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

On Proto1.. Looks like this would work and well balanced for a shaft car... also
I want to know where I can get some of those personnel transponder holder... that's the best one I've seen so far..aside from making my own..

Proto 3.... Pro3 concept... another flexy flier..
Old 04-21-2004, 09:11 AM
Tech Master

on proto 1 which you say looks like a normal sd (which is does not!) it looks like you would have to have mega small electronics
Old 04-21-2004, 09:37 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Interesting photos guys The proto 1 shaft drive car was actually ran in the Japan stock nationals last year I believe. The guy didn't make the "A" but he got a lot of press on his car

Steve Wang
Old 04-21-2004, 12:17 PM
Tech Elite

The Proto1 might look well balanced, but then again, what about the centrifugal forces? That might be the reason for everybody else to go with the "classic" shaft design...

The Proto3 aint the flexy-flyer revisited, it's more like the KX-One. Stiff, but with a higher CG than usual most other cars...
Old 04-21-2004, 12:52 PM
Tech Elite

Gotta love those home-made specials tha Japanese racers love to do... in the offroad forum there are a bunch of customised tourer-based 4wd buggies - and I've seen a few mad thngs done, like a uprated Grasshopper and a 4wds Tamiya Mini...

Anyway, I don't think proto 1 offers any weight distribution advantages - saddle and offset motor is just as bad as inline pack and offset motor.

Now, 4-cells on one side, and 2-cells and a motor on the other has potential...
Old 04-21-2004, 06:23 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by pheyhoe
on proto 1 which you say looks like a normal sd (which is does not!) it looks like you would have to have mega small electronics
the suspension and the gearboxes are "normal", only the chassis, the motor mount, axles and the R3 steering rack are different
on the other page you can see ano†her prototype like this one using different arms, I will try to scan it tomorrow.
Old 04-22-2004, 09:25 PM
Tech Initiate

Hello to everyone,
Unfortunately the link to the tourer photos didn't work for me.Could somebody try to reattach the images.What about the 4WD buggy prototypes in the off-road forum?Is there a link to them?
Thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.