Wiki Posts
Search

Tekin iphone app

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2011, 06:24 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Apple Apps.

As some one had mention, getting an app passed with Apple is difficult at best. And yes besides worrying about it crashing the Iphone or locking it up, they also don't want to be on the hook if something goes wrong and you end up frying your Iphone. Blackberry is a little easier than programming the Iphone, but for the Android they pretty much will pass anything as long as the name of the apps is not already used.
Old 02-09-2011, 12:58 AM
Tech Regular

More than one year and three Hotwire sw releases passed since i got The Hotwire device and never been able to have it working with my Win7/64 I7 Pc. I've bene through Tekin's website,sent PM's to' Tekin rep's in many different Forum's, tried with different computers and with other guys at the track who's using the system, reinstalled it several times without any succes,it's weird since i usually program GM's and Castle esc's and log my Hyperion battery charger but no way to' have Tekin's Hotwire works... i've no doubt The Hotwire doesn't show up as an App for I- Phone or any other smartphone
Old 02-09-2011, 06:32 AM
Tech Adept

I tried to run the hotwire under Linux but it didn't work. Installation stoped to soon.
I run it now in VMware were I run WinXP.
I also run it on Win 7. (dual boot with Linux)
Some one installed Linux on my pc wile I was racing. He wanted to let me see that Linux is better than Windows.
Wile I hate Vista and Win 7, it was not hard to change to Linux.
Next week he is going to make from all my windows pc's Linux and no dual booting anny more.
Now I hope that he will get the hotwire running for me under Linux. than I don't have to run Windows in VMware.

Win 7 gave me a lot of problems to get the hotwire running.
I got it working after installing the older version first, than removing it and than install the latest version. The zip file because the exe file didn't work that well with my pc.
Old 02-09-2011, 08:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I've been using the Hotwire on Win7 since Win7 was still in beta, never once had a problem.
Old 02-09-2011, 09:51 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

come on droid app.....
Old 02-09-2011, 10:26 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by draggin87
come on droid app.....
+ A MILLION
Old 02-09-2011, 03:41 PM
Tech Rookie

What is the whole point for this?

Originally Posted by Randy_Pike
We are looking at the Droid as well. The Iphone was the clear choice for a starting point because of the app support.

We do plan to offer other "smart phone" choices.
Old 02-09-2011, 04:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

Originally Posted by draggin87
come on droid app.....
when should we have it for the droid
Old 08-19-2011, 02:16 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Bringing back from the dead. Any newe on this i don't have a laptop and looking to purchase a rx8 and pro4 motor?
Old 08-19-2011, 05:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ITS ME DAVID
Bringing back from the dead. Any newe on this i don't have a laptop and looking to purchase a rx8 and pro4 motor?
It was an April fools joke, it's not happening.
Old 08-19-2011, 06:05 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)

Originally Posted by M-Technic
It was an April fools joke, it's not happening.
Actually it wasn`t . If you read Randy`s posts they were trying to work with Apple to make this happen but wasn`t cooperating .

Hopefully they will get with a phone soon !
Old 08-19-2011, 07:20 AM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I'm quite honestly no longer a fan of the Iphone and apple in general to be honest. I've never worked with a company that was against progress.

The way it sits right now is that Apple will only allow external control of a device if you do it there way which includes paying them a ridiculous amount of money to "work with you" on the app.

Droid however is open source and will allow the host controller to operate other devices through certain programs,etc.

This project is not dead. We have figured out a few things that I will not discuss here. Far too many times we've educated our competition via forums and other online avenues.

There's a reason why you've only seen screen shots and non working applications. There's a lot of work being put into these.

We're not known for being followers in any market. We have high standards and even higher aspirations for anything new coming out of Tekin Hq... stay tuned.
Old 08-19-2011, 09:00 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Randy_Pike
I'm quite honestly no longer a fan of the Iphone and apple in general to be honest. I've never worked with a company that was against progress.

The way it sits right now is that Apple will only allow external control of a device if you do it there way which includes paying them a ridiculous amount of money to "work with you" on the app.

Droid however is open source and will allow the host controller to operate other devices through certain programs,etc.

This project is not dead. We have figured out a few things that I will not discuss here. Far too many times we've educated our competition via forums and other online avenues.

There's a reason why you've only seen screen shots and non working applications. There's a lot of work being put into these.

We're not known for being followers in any market. We have high standards and even higher aspirations for anything new coming out of Tekin Hq... stay tuned.
Well said. I agree totally.

Droid app Lots of scope there, I know I play around with them a bit myself.

Bigger market than iPhone nowadays anyway, and I have one

Trev
Old 08-19-2011, 09:50 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

So.......when will next gen ESCs be available with Blue Tooth from Tekin? Won't even have to leave the stand to tune your speedo!
Old 08-19-2011, 10:06 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Droid app, now we are talking.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.