Old 07-05-2010, 04:14 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by RC MARKET
Yeah but how old is that pack?

A week old?

Old 07-05-2010, 07:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I have two SMC's that are used almost every week (ROAR labelled). They have plenty of punch. I use them back to back, and at the end of the race day i charge them up for the following weekend, so i have packs ready to practice.

Ive had no issues. No swelling. Till last week. I had one pack go out of balance. The funny thing was i had NO problems until i started using a fan that was hardwired to the battery in my TC (fan turned on when the pack was plugged in). Im starting to wonder if its the low amp draw of the fan that set the cells out of balance. Any thoughts?

Is there anything you can do to reduce swelling of a LiPo once its started? I have two Trinity packs that are doing it. They have sat for months no use.
Old 07-05-2010, 07:42 PM
Tech Elite

Check to make sure your car is free from any binding. Then check to see that your charger is at the same setting as your batteries. Some chargers won't warn you if the settings are wrong, and that could damage your battery.

If the battery has slight swelling it could still be used, but I would avoid doing so if you don't know the cause of the swelling. Take a picture of the battery and e-mail it to danny at SMC.