Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2Likes

Tamiya TB-Evolution IV

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2011, 07:23 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Thanks everyone for there input. Car handles like a dream now with all your help.
Old 11-11-2011, 02:00 AM
Tech Adept

Hi again. What are the advantages of the short reversible suspension arms compared to regular ones?
Old 11-11-2011, 09:04 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

more mounting and adjustment options.
Old 11-11-2011, 10:36 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by bustanut666
Hi again. What are the advantages of the short reversible suspension arms compared to regular ones?
The short arms in combination with wider blocks make the car more reactife, and also how can i say "twistyer".

The long arms are more stable, and maybe also smoother in some conditions.

Greetings Rainer
Old 11-12-2011, 07:01 AM
WC
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Cool

yeah my evo5 is a lot livelier than the eIV i had back then

short reversible will also allow swapping to TB03 knuckles & uprights
which run a 1050 bearing instead of the fragile 950s

latest evoIV project has been fitted with full set of StreetJam OTA R31 suspension

Old 11-12-2011, 11:26 AM
Tech Master

That looks great. Are you drifting with the IV? I sold mine a long time ago, although my III is still knocking about.
Old 11-12-2011, 01:43 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Qatmix
That looks great. Are you drifting with the IV? I sold mine a long time ago, although my III is still knocking about.
Not drifting with it. No place to drift around my area.
Old 11-15-2011, 07:14 PM
WC
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

if you're keen, spread the word & start your own local drift group...

the japanese are huge fans of EvoIV as a base for drift mods

check this one out:-

Old 05-07-2012, 01:06 AM
Tech Initiate

Hi All,

Very quiet in here.....has been for some time. It looks like the shaft driven touring class is now on its way into extinction :-(
I prefer the shafties for a number of reasons, and I have put an ad in the WTB section looking for an EVO IV or V. There is nothing new/used for sale on ebay, nor can I find any online stores that sell them still.
I have an EVO IV I got from Tamiya when they were selling them at a ridiculous price, and I should have got 2....damn!

If anyone here is considering selling, please let me know, I am looking for a roller, not a complete setup. It doesnt have to be new, but I would like on in good condition.

To the moderators, and anyone I may upset with posting a WTB request on this thread, please forgive me if I have transgressed, and feel free to move/delete as you see fit.

thanks
Andy
Old 05-07-2012, 04:48 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sirandy
Hi All,

Very quiet in here.....has been for some time. It looks like the shaft driven touring class is now on its way into extinction :-(
I prefer the shafties for a number of reasons, and I have put an ad in the WTB section looking for an EVO IV or V. There is nothing new/used for sale on ebay, nor can I find any online stores that sell them still.
I have an EVO IV I got from Tamiya when they were selling them at a ridiculous price, and I should have got 2....damn!

If anyone here is considering selling, please let me know, I am looking for a roller, not a complete setup. It doesnt have to be new, but I would like on in good condition.

To the moderators, and anyone I may upset with posting a WTB request on this thread, please forgive me if I have transgressed, and feel free to move/delete as you see fit.

thanks
Andy
yeah id love to get my hands on another EVO IV MS again, loved that car back in the day. Even if it did chew bevel gears freqeuntly..
Old 05-07-2012, 05:59 AM
Tech Initiate

My EVO IV has chomped a few bevel gears, but I thought that was because I put blue thread lock on the little screw that holds it on. ThT stuff is caustic and probably caused the demise, but it seems to be a common problem...
There are still available spares on eBay so I stocked up. Also made sure that the backlash was set correctly. A spool up front also puts some additional strain on the drivetrain.
Old 05-07-2012, 06:32 AM
Tech Master

I may sale my evo 5 after the Reedy race. Email me after the race [email protected]
It's in mint shape with some carbon extras
Old 05-19-2012, 12:18 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Juan Aveytia
I may sale my evo 5 after the Reedy race. Email me after the race [email protected]
It's in mint shape with some carbon extras
Hi is this still for sale? I'm interested in anyone that has an evo IV or V as really want to try some things out!!

Thanks
Old 05-19-2012, 08:57 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by FunkyDunky
Hi is this still for sale? I'm interested in anyone that has an evo IV or V as really want to try some things out!!

Thanks
I have a TB Evo IV that I’m using for the last time tomorrow. The wife bought me a new car so I’ll be selling my Evo 4. I purchased it a couple of years ago brand new from Tamiya. Built it myself and only used it off and on maybe a dozen times. Very good condition and extra parts. Let me know if your are interested.

Thanks,
Russ
Old 06-04-2012, 01:35 PM
Tech Initiate

Russ,

Only just seen your post....if you are still selling, drop me a line.

Does anyone know if there is a gear diff that will work on these machines. f I recall TB03 diffs wont work in them....I am open to correction though...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.