Search
Like Tree3Likes

BMI Racing "Copperhead 12" discussion and support

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2010, 02:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CarbonJoe
WooHoo! Glad to see you're planning on racing this coming season.
Hey Joe how are ya? yeah we are looking forward to racing again this year. cant wait to try this car out. I just put our xls up for sale. see ya soon
Old 07-18-2010, 02:59 PM
avs
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by protc3
I ran it on the 1/12th only so far. I will be trying it for the 1/10th next.

I ran at adrenaline today Jamie
hi Jason, is there a new baseline setup for the copperhead ? and for relatively new carpet specifically would be a great help.

also, i don't see how to get the individual parts on the website, i only see 12R and 12RR parts. the instructions have a parts listing (thanks for adding that) the list show a DBB_xxxx numbering scheme which i don't see available on the website.
Old 07-19-2010, 07:07 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by avs
hi Jason, is there a new baseline setup for the copperhead ? and for relatively new carpet specifically would be a great help.

also, i don't see how to get the individual parts on the website, i only see 12R and 12RR parts. the instructions have a parts listing (thanks for adding that) the list show a DBB_xxxx numbering scheme which i don't see available on the website.
Our computer shows them as DBB but the website has them as just DB for some reason. All of the copperhead parts that are copperhead specific are CH numbers. I will check this out for you.

Here are some pics of the prototype front end that we tested. The production version will vary slightly from what is here but for the most part it is the same.
Attached Thumbnails BMI Racing "Copperhead 12" discussion and support-img_3030.jpg   BMI Racing "Copperhead 12" discussion and support-img_5249.jpg   BMI Racing "Copperhead 12" discussion and support-img_6807.jpg  
Old 07-19-2010, 07:13 AM
Tech Fanatic

LOOKING GOOD!!!

Well done Jason! I hope to see that on the Pro10 version as well (?)

Greetz Joost.
Old 07-19-2010, 07:40 AM
Tech Lord

Thanks buddy. I will be making it for the World GT also. It worked incredibly well and i still have more i want to try. I was really impressed with it. I liked it alot better than the strut front ends.
Old 07-19-2010, 07:42 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Looking good Jay.... Heading out to the Nats in a few weeks, need to call and get a few spare parts for the trip...
Old 07-19-2010, 07:50 AM
Tech Fanatic

Thanks buddy. I will be making it for the World GT also. It worked incredibly well and i still have more i want to try. I was really impressed with it. I liked it alot better than the strut front ends.
Well, as I was saying. I am impressed! This will be it for the 12th scale & WGT... So when this all is done and in production, you might have some spare time to work on the 235mm Pro10 chassis? Still very curious about (and what we talked about in the PM's )

Again, JOB WELL DONE Jason!!!

Greetz Joost.
Old 07-19-2010, 10:37 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

looks good...
Old 07-19-2010, 11:32 AM
Tech Champion

Very nice...I see much of what we discussed 2 Snowbirds ago Where/what functions as the springs? I'm guessing it is those 2 thinner graphite pieces in the middle with the set screws. Also how is the weight compared to the old strut front end? I imagine it isn't as heavy as other double wishbone front ends but probably a little heavier than the strut...but not much.
Old 07-19-2010, 12:00 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by InspGadgt
Very nice...I see much of what we discussed 2 Snowbirds ago Where/what functions as the springs? I'm guessing it is those 2 thinner graphite pieces in the middle with the set screws. Also how is the weight compared to the old strut front end? I imagine it isn't as heavy as other double wishbone front ends but probably a little heavier than the strut...but not much.
It uses 2 1.5mm carbon fiber flextures for springs. They have tweak screws in them to assure that the spring rates and front end tweak are identicle. Between those set screws and the droop screws, you adjust your ride height without even taking off a wheel. You keep the car on the table as you would a TC. The center damper tube allows for dampening and dampen the same as the side tubes.

As for weight, i havent weighed it by itself yet but i know that it is just a tick heavier than than the stock car with the stock front end and a little lighter than with the new AE front end. I havent looked at the weight against the CRC front end being that i dont have one and dont really feel a need to buy one as it really is just an AE front end. So in a nutshell, comparable in weight, but the new front end has out performed the strut front end so far. I will do more testing this weekend.
Old 07-19-2010, 12:13 PM
AOD
Tech Regular

Awesome, I've been waiting for an all-BMI car since I bought my 1st DBR and now it is finally here. Great job Jason and I will be looking forward to purchase it as soon as it's released.
Old 07-19-2010, 12:19 PM
Tech Lord

Thanks buddy.
Old 07-19-2010, 12:51 PM
Tech Apprentice

Our computer shows them as DBB but the website has them as just DB for some reason. All of the copperhead parts that are copperhead specific are CH numbers. I will check this out for you.

Here are some pics of the prototype front end that we tested. The production version will vary slightly from what is here but for the most part it is the same.
Jason very cool front end. Are you using the same idea as the rear with no spring but the use of graphite flex plates?
Old 07-19-2010, 12:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

How easy does the new front end setup? Meaning is getting it even side to side a reasonable feat? A little out of wack goes a long way in a 12th scale. Looks very good though. Interested in total cost whenever that's determined.
Old 07-19-2010, 12:58 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by 116spud
Jason very cool front end. Are you using the same idea as the rear with no spring but the use of graphite flex plates?
That is correct buddy. Very smooth as there is no friction from a sliding kingpin.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.