Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree17Likes

Sweep Racing Tires 1/10th Sedan thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2013, 11:12 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by rshair
Hi, need some guidance, am driving xray t3,on asphalt in tropics, track is a little dusty and bumpy. Typical tires used by most users are rides and Sorex. Have been using sweep exp either 36 or 40,with hard sweep rims and pink exp inserts, but noticed am not getting as much front grip compared with Sorex or ride, I must be doing something wrong. It seems like the tire is drifting a little more and not much steering or grip. Lap time also slower. FYI, I have kept setup same when swapping except with rides needs small changes to setup. Tires prepped and sauced with tire tweak. I also checked tire temps, all tires including Sorex and rides mounted with sweep wheel and sweep pink inserts about 50 Celsius after 6 min run. All tire wear is acceptable.
Thanks
We face a similar situation, we have been running sweep 36r with yellow insert for the past two years as controlled tire. It worked really good on temp 5-35C, only sometimes being inconsistent and the car becomes loose at some time during the 5min.
Now, tires are open and we tried exp evo 30deg.We have tested at 10-15C so far. We just dont have front grip, the car pushes at all corners and at the first lap the car is drifting. Tires sauced with sweep x3 and tire warmers always. We have tried the aqua insert and the ls which produced a little bit more front grip but nothing special. We have been testing back to back with the 36r that seems to be always faster. Only advantage with the exps is their wear which is almost zero! What do we need to do to find grip? Maybe wait until the temp goes to 20+ C ?
We also need help!!!
Old 03-11-2013, 03:01 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Bump to top =
Awaiting answers...
Old 03-11-2013, 09:02 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Mitropoulos Jim
We face a similar situation, we have been running sweep 36r with yellow insert for the past two years as controlled tire. It worked really good on temp 5-35C, only sometimes being inconsistent and the car becomes loose at some time during the 5min.
Now, tires are open and we tried exp evo 30deg.We have tested at 10-15C so far. We just dont have front grip, the car pushes at all corners and at the first lap the car is drifting. Tires sauced with sweep x3 and tire warmers always. We have tried the aqua insert and the ls which produced a little bit more front grip but nothing special. We have been testing back to back with the 36r that seems to be always faster. Only advantage with the exps is their wear which is almost zero! What do we need to do to find grip? Maybe wait until the temp goes to 20+ C ?
We also need help!!!
If you are looking for more traction, Please try putting Trinity tire tweak first(sit for 10min) then add FX2 on it for 5min with tire warmer. This will make more traction for sure.
Evo evo tire will work fine after their shiny surface faded.
For smoother asphalt, you will need to run them 3-4 runs until you have good traction.
For abrasive asphalt, from second run you will feel better traction.
Old 03-12-2013, 08:04 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Ryan Lee
If you are looking for more traction, Please try putting Trinity tire tweak first(sit for 10min) then add FX2 on it for 5min with tire warmer. This will make more traction for sure.
Evo evo tire will work fine after their shiny surface faded.
For smoother asphalt, you will need to run them 3-4 runs until you have good traction.
For abrasive asphalt, from second run you will feel better traction.
Ryan,

Thank you for your reply.

1)If by FX2 you mean paragon, we cannot use it, as it is forbidden due to its smell. Can we find traction with sweep additives?

2) So, we need to sand them before the first run, correct me if I am wrong.

3)Our track is not so smooth, but low-medium grip. We will have to run used tires on the race, tires that have been "broken in" during i.e Saturday practice?

4) Temp is getting more and more hot here. On April 14th when its our first national race it wil be around 20-25 C. Can we be confident that this is their temp window and keep testing them until then? Or the standard r series could be quicker on the track? We need them to last 2-3 runs only as we are allowed to use 2 sets and the race format is 3 qualifying and 3 finals.
Old 03-12-2013, 11:33 PM
Tech Regular

Ryan,

1)If by FX2 you mean paragon, we cannot use it, as it is forbidden due to its smell. Can we find traction with sweep additives?

Try X2 only
or
Clean the tire with X1 then put X2.

Yes. it will help getting good traction from new tire.

3)Our track is not so smooth, but low-medium grip. We will have to run used tires on the race, tires that have been "broken in" during i.e Saturday practice?

One run tire is better for the track condition I think!

4) Temp is getting more and more hot here. On April 14th when its our first national race it wil be around 20-25 C. Can we be confident that this is their temp window and keep testing them until then? Or the standard r series could be quicker on the track? We need them to last 2-3 runs only as we are allowed to use 2 sets and the race format is 3 qualifying and 3 finals.
I prefer using SWP-28R for cold condition like 5-10degC
For 20-25C condition I prefer running EXP30 or EXP36 !
Old 03-13-2013, 03:13 PM
Tech Addict

Exclamation SWEEP TIRE CHART

Old 03-15-2013, 08:16 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by peteyo
We run on a gym floor, not sure if exactly the same. We use OGSPEC premounted wheels and tires. Aqua/Pink both work with little different results. We also use paragon ground effects for tire treatment. LOL both carpet go figure. We have some pretty good hook. The only downside to the OGSPEC, the rims crack quick, but you could get different rims. Sweep should chime in about that. I too would like a OGSpec on a more durable rim.http://www.sweepracingusa.com/110-OG...ons_p_370.html
Not a bad deal for glued wheels tires
Westgate =
Textured surface, cushioned vinyl flooring.
Old 04-09-2013, 11:56 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Is there any way to get the QTS32 premounts with the old rims? The new rims have a smaller hex making mounting these rims a challenge. You either get wobbly wheels or you need to sand down the hex adapters on your car.
Old 04-10-2013, 07:52 AM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by malkiy
Is there any way to get the QTS32 premounts with the old rims? The new rims have a smaller hex making mounting these rims a challenge. You either get wobbly wheels or you need to sand down the hex adapters on your car.
Hello
We discontinued the old white wheels (EXP-WAW), please try the new one with hole rimmed out little from both side if problems happens.
as far as we been reported, only the Awesomatix having an issue with Hex.

We will keep our ears open.

thanks
Old 04-10-2013, 09:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SweepRacingUSA
Hello
We discontinued the old white wheels (EXP-WAW), please try the new one with hole rimmed out little from both side if problems happens.
as far as we been reported, only the Awesomatix having an issue with Hex.

We will keep our ears open.

thanks
There is no issue that I have experienced with Sweep wheel and the Awesomatix. Care to elaborate?
Old 04-10-2013, 10:08 AM
Company Representative

Originally Posted by MDawson
There is no issue that I have experienced with Sweep wheel and the Awesomatix. Care to elaborate?
Hello Mark.

thats only for EXP-WAN (Natural stiff wheel), have you tried those wheels yet? spins true, stay true after crashes but one of our driver reported having a issue with Awesomematix hex, but that can be just him.
Old 04-10-2013, 10:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SweepRacingUSA
Hello Mark.

thats only for EXP-WAN (Natural stiff wheel), have you tried those wheels yet? spins true, stay true after crashes but one of our driver reported having a issue with Awesomematix hex, but that can be just him.
I have good experience with the wheels and have not had a issue with fitment on the A700. It is snug but preferred to other competitive sloppy hex patterns wheels. The Sweep fit is direct with no modification on the A700.

Thanks for the information.
Old 04-10-2013, 11:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I put a new set of the SQT-32N on my Schumacher Mi4CXL this weekend. I had to use the thumb screws from my setup station to gently press the wheels onto the hexes. I was afraid they wouldn't come off again. However, after the run, I was able to put the thumb screw on just one or two threads, then push the thumb screw with my thumbs while pulling the wheel evenly from the edges, and they popped right off. I didn't ream the center hole, because I didn't get that suggestion until I had already put the tires on.

Malkiy runs an Awesomatix. I think he mentioned that Magnet Top (Jake D) had the same fitment issue. All 3 of us are in the same club (Seattle RC Racers) and probably got wheels from the same batch (Emerald City RC / Kody Knudson).

-Mike
Old 04-10-2013, 11:27 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Paragon FX2 has no order versus the paragon Ground Effects which have wintergreen smell. Like Ryan said try tire tweak with tire warmer or tire tweak first and FX2 with tire warmer for 5 minutes. I have been testing the EVO 36 tires with LS inserts and under all conditions i never had understeer. The tires become sticky after the second run and there is tons of traction. EVO 30 work well but they wear a bit faster especially when the track is coarse. For smoother asphalt tracks the EVO 36 should work well.

Note- motor spray to clean the tires also makes for more traction

Eric Kim

Ryan,

Old 04-10-2013, 01:46 PM
Company Representative

Thank you for the inputs, much appreciated.

Originally Posted by MDawson
I have good experience with the wheels and have not had a issue with fitment on the A700. It is snug but preferred to other competitive sloppy hex patterns wheels. The Sweep fit is direct with no modification on the A700.

Thanks for the information.
Originally Posted by grippgoat
I put a new set of the SQT-32N on my Schumacher Mi4CXL this weekend. I had to use the thumb screws from my setup station to gently press the wheels onto the hexes. I was afraid they wouldn't come off again. However, after the run, I was able to put the thumb screw on just one or two threads, then push the thumb screw with my thumbs while pulling the wheel evenly from the edges, and they popped right off. I didn't ream the center hole, because I didn't get that suggestion until I had already put the tires on.

Malkiy runs an Awesomatix. I think he mentioned that Magnet Top (Jake D) had the same fitment issue. All 3 of us are in the same club (Seattle RC Racers) and probably got wheels from the same batch (Emerald City RC / Kody Knudson).

-Mike

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.