Search
Like Tree17Likes

Sweep Racing Tires 1/10th Sedan thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2010, 09:49 AM
2xs
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

How strong of an odor does the X2 tire sauce have? Is it odorless like sticky fingers? I am asking because the track I race at has a bunch of the racers want to use tire sauce and we have very limited ventilation.
Old 09-02-2010, 10:40 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

It's very very very very very mild. I would consider it oderless

-Korey
Old 09-02-2010, 12:53 PM
2xs
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Thanks Korey! YGPM...
Old 09-03-2010, 02:32 PM
Tech Rookie

Just got my order of the x3 tire compound. Just wanted to ask, the advertisement says in a bigger size bottle. I have ordered the wacky tacky bottle from sweep before. The x3 compound that I just received is the same size as the wacky tacky that I ordered in the past. Is this the new BIGGER size that you advertise or did I just get one of your older small bottles. These bottles are small.
Old 09-04-2010, 04:35 PM
Tech Rookie

Can you chime in on this sweep?
Old 09-04-2010, 04:43 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Whoops! Missed your post. The wacky tacky bottle is the "new and larger" bottle. The older style bottles didn't have any dobbers. So it sounds like you already have the "larger" size. Sorry for any confusion.

-Korey
Old 09-04-2010, 05:40 PM
Tech Rookie

thanks for the explanation.
Old 09-08-2010, 10:44 AM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

NEWS!

Sweep EXP40 has been choosen as spec tires for this years Japanese Super Expert national championship.

this is the race where all the world's best travel to Japan to compete for the title.

in 2009 Ronald Volker won the title.

Attached Thumbnails Sweep Racing Tires 1/10th Sedan thread-2010-super-expert-tc.jpg  

Last edited by SweepRacingUSA; 09-16-2010 at 12:47 PM.
Old 09-14-2010, 10:58 AM
Tech Adept

Ran some Sweep EXP 36 and EXP 30 tires for the first time over the past couple weekends. So far very impressed with the traction. Went from the EXP 36 to EXP 30 as the track cooled in the afternoon. After the first run with my EXP 30's there was a chunk of rubber missing in the middle of the rear tire leaving a hole that I could see the belt through but they seem to be holding up ok still.

The X3 tire sauce worked very well on the outdoor ashpalt and there was no smell that I could notice. Not sure about the new "bigger" bottle advertising this. If this is the bigger bottle I don't want to know how small the old one was. The new bottle was suprisingly small. The sauce is a thicker sauce so does not flow out as fast as some of the sauces that smell so strongly so maybe only a small bottle is needed.
Old 09-14-2010, 11:17 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by spongerX
Ran some Sweep EXP 36 and EXP 30 tires for the first time over the past couple weekends. So far very impressed with the traction. Went from the EXP 36 to EXP 30 as the track cooled in the afternoon. After the first run with my EXP 30's there was a chunk of rubber missing in the middle of the rear tire leaving a hole that I could see the belt through but they seem to be holding up ok still.

The X3 tire sauce worked very well on the outdoor ashpalt and there was no smell that I could notice. Not sure about the new "bigger" bottle advertising this. If this is the bigger bottle I don't want to know how small the old one was. The new bottle was suprisingly small. The sauce is a thicker sauce so does not flow out as fast as some of the sauces that smell so strongly so maybe only a small bottle is needed.
For better flow:

Some use an Exacto and cut a small hole in the top of the dobber. You can also take out the spiral in the back of the dobber.

http://sweepracing.com/index.php/?p=805
Old 09-14-2010, 11:47 AM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by spongerX

thank you for a comments.

EXP30 bieng chipped in the center seam part, does happend time to time, that s why we suggest this link on our tire details.
also we are working on our part to prevent that from happend.

for the traction compounds part this is how that "bigger bottle" statement...

when it was carried by other distributor, street price was over $17 for smaller bottle without any applicator.

since we took over a distribution for the US market in Jan of this year, we went to work right away to lower the price (about $10 street pricie as of today), adding more contents (25% more) all in a racer freindly pacakge. (wacky-tacky bottle )

here is the picture of older package(still selling on other continents) comparing to our all new "Wacky tacky" bottle showing that... size does matter.

I hope this clearfy a"new bigger bottle"

again thank you for the straight forward comments, we are here at the fields working everyday to make RC racing better one step at a time.

Team Sweep USA
Attached Thumbnails Sweep Racing Tires 1/10th Sedan thread-oldvsnew_sauce.jpg  
Old 09-14-2010, 12:18 PM
Tech Adept

Thanks for the info on the bottle size. Now that I've seen the original the new bottle definitely is bigger. It still seems really small in comparison to the other sauces I've used like Buggy Grip 2, Red Dot etc. At least there is no horrible smell with the X3 like there is with the Buggy Grip 2.

The X3 sauce works great. Well worth the price and no smell (that I could notice). I actually like the slow applicator so won't be messing with it. It stops the sauce going everywhere when applying it to the tires so less is wasted. It should last quite a while for TC tires. The angled neck of the bottle is also a nice touch.

I'll try your suggestion for prepping the tires next time. To be honest I didn't prep them at all. Just threw them on the car and they worked. I found they worked a bit better with more rear camber. I increased my rear camber by 1 degree going from 2 degrees to 3 degrees.

I've just ordered a bunch more EXP 36 and EXP 30 tires from Nexus (which I'll be prepping properly this time)
Old 09-19-2010, 10:19 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Did some more testing with the sweep 40's yesterday. Track temps ranged from 108-115 during my test. The sweeps have SJR inserts in them allowing a better airgap. They felt great and didn't over heat. This was while running a 17.5 on one of the smaller tracks in the Norcal area (Ripon) I also played around with different saucing methods to see what the tire's liked. First run I just used Buggygrip2 to just clean the tire. The car was fast and took a couple of laps to bring the tire's up to temp. The car was controllable but I couldn't really push it coming out of the corners the way I wanted to. The rear end was a little floaty. 2nd run I cleaned off the tire's with Buggygrip2 again, then applied tire tweak and let it sit for 20min and wiped off. The car was more hooked up from the start than the first run. It still took a good hot lap for the tire's to come in but now I could get on the power sooner out of the corners. The rear end no longer felt floaty. My go to sauce has always been tweak but certain tires like other sauces. I ran this combo a few times until the track temps started droping. Due to this being a night race I couldn't continue with the 40 testing. The wear however has been excellent. I ran these tire's a handful of time's before at Speedworld. If I had to guess I'd say there are about 10 runs on my set and they look good. Next weekend I'm back at Speedworld for a day race so the 40's and 36's will be tested with the same inserts.
Old 09-19-2010, 04:29 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Ran Sweep Tires this weekend at the beach in staten island.
TQ and 1st place. Thanks so much for SweepTires. I'm getting the tires dialed into the car.. Will try a softer compound and two weeks.
Old 09-19-2010, 04:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Aja Archibald
Ran Sweep Tires this weekend at the beach in staten island.
TQ and 1st place. Thanks so much for SweepTires. I'm getting the tires dialed into the car.. Will try a softer compound and two weeks.
Congratulations! You have been getting faster and faster in electric all summer long. I remember when you first were consistently making the A main in stock TC. Now the TQs and the wins are coming more often.

Now visit this website and think about making a move to the really fast and wild side.

Joe Wright and Sam Isaac will keep a pit space open for ya!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.