Search
Like Tree17Likes

Sweep Racing Tires 1/10th Sedan thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2010, 11:32 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by musti72
Hi, I want to order some EXP premount 30 and 36 deg tire sets for my touring car, but wanted to know which type of 36 and 30 deg are these?

SWP-EXP-36P http://www.rc-mushroom.com/product_i...ducts_id=19631
SWE-EXP-36P http://shopping.rcmodel.hk/product_i...ducts_id=16758
SWE-EXP-30P http://shopping.rcmodel.hk/product_i...ducts_id=16759

In Sweep USA shop there are many kinds of same deg. tire.

I will be using them in 30C air, 60C track temp, very very big asphalt nitro track.

Thanks

These are non us package tires they have different inserts and aren't preglued. All mounted sets that come from usa are glued. I would recommend buying them from Sweepracingusa site if possible for the best customer service. I would start with either a
http://www.sweepracingusa.com/produc...roducts_id=201
or
http://www.sweepracingusa.com/produc...products_id=29
more than likely with your temp the 40's are going to be what you need
Old 07-15-2010, 11:43 AM
Tech Regular

USA products sure look good but they kill my pocket! $9 difference per tire set is a lot, and I wll be ordering from those online shops anyways, so shipping cost would be reduced too.

Any info about the HK versions?
Old 07-15-2010, 12:22 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I tried the EXP 36 this weekend. I did not have a good experience with them on asphalt ~115F track temp. Asphalt is a bit rough. I noticed that there is virtually no air gap and the inserts are pretty firm. Do you think if I got the carpet 36 w/ the LS inserts it would be better? I think the problem is the tire not conforming to the rough asphalt?

For reference I usually run Sorex 36 pre-mounts on Speedmine or Muchmoore Absolute 36 pre-mounts. These have a very noticeable air gap and hook up like crazy.
Old 07-21-2010, 10:34 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

ran my EXP 30's this weekend at Speedworld raceway with good results. These tire's have been run at multiple tracks and loaned out for others to try and they were still offering decent grip. I can't wait to get my hands on some more EXP36's so that I can drive the car harder in the warmer temps. I'll post pics of the tire's shortly. If I had to guess I'd say that they have a good 25 runs on them in both mod and 17.5 There will be more to post after the nationals as we have been testing like crazy getting ready for it. If it was open tire I'd have my Sweeps in hand going faster than I am with the spec tire
Old 07-22-2010, 09:16 AM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by musti72
USA products sure look good but they kill my pocket! $9 difference per tire set is a lot, and I wll be ordering from those online shops anyways, so shipping cost would be reduced too.

Any info about the HK versions?
if your from Turkey, we already have a dealer in there selling our tires and sponsoring drivers as well. give a mail to [email protected]

you will save on shipping, time and also getting pre-glued US SPEC. set. after all you not saving $9 per set.

Originally Posted by g26er
I tried the EXP 36 this weekend. I did not have a good experience with them on asphalt ~115F track temp. Asphalt is a bit rough. I noticed that there is virtually no air gap and the inserts are pretty firm. Do you think if I got the carpet 36 w/ the LS inserts it would be better? I think the problem is the tire not conforming to the rough asphalt?

For reference I usually run Sorex 36 pre-mounts on Speedmine or Muchmoore Absolute 36 pre-mounts. These have a very noticeable air gap and hook up like crazy.

try a EXP36LS, lots of air gap in there for sure. thanks

Originally Posted by STLNLST
ran my EXP 30's this weekend at Speedworld raceway with good results. These tire's have been run at multiple tracks and loaned out for others to try and they were still offering decent grip. I can't wait to get my hands on some more EXP36's so that I can drive the car harder in the warmer temps. I'll post pics of the tire's shortly. If I had to guess I'd say that they have a good 25 runs on them in both mod and 17.5 There will be more to post after the nationals as we have been testing like crazy getting ready for it. If it was open tire I'd have my Sweeps in hand going faster than I am with the spec tire
keep up the good work. Clint.
Old 07-22-2010, 11:36 AM
Tech Regular

if your from Turkey, we already have a dealer in there selling our tires and sponsoring drivers as well. give a mail to [email protected]
Thanks, I know Umut, will contact him.
Old 07-28-2010, 10:04 AM
Company Representative

EXP40 Extreme weather TC tires are in, this tire is designed to cover extremely hot surface temparture.

we will do some final testing here in the state before start packaging them. stay tuned!

Old 07-30-2010, 09:58 AM
Company Representative

Great race results from Turkey. again!

5 out of 10 drivers ran EXP36 with great success, they will also have first batch of EXP40 to race this weekend.

stay tuned!
Attached Thumbnails Sweep Racing Tires 1/10th Sedan thread-team_ncrc_4th.gif  
Old 07-30-2010, 10:11 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

do you have the EXP36's in yet ???
Old 07-30-2010, 11:51 AM
Company Representative

Originally Posted by sidecarphil1
do you have the EXP36's in yet ???
yes, it is in, after testing done on this weekend, we will start shipping from next week.

thanks and have a good weekend!(@ RC tracks)
Old 07-30-2010, 01:19 PM
Super Moderator

Default Race Report: Sweep 40EXP with Pink Insert

Tires: Sweep 40 EXP
Inserts: Sweep Pink
Wheels: Sweep Yellow

Test Stats:
Car: HB Cyclone TC
Motor: Speedpassion 13.5 V.3
Esc: Speedpassion GT 2.0
Servo: Hitec 7940TH
Battery: THunderpower 5200 50C
Radio: Hitec CRX
Body: Protoform Mazdaspeed 6

Road Test:
Track: CAL RACEWAY
Dimensions: 100x60 Very High bite Asphalt.
Air Temp: 87
Track Temp: 118
Surface: Very High Bite Asphalt

Run #1: I took the car out and did a few slow laps with no sauce and tire warmers. Initially, the tires seemed to respond quickly and not break loose, but this was driving very mildly. As a gained more laps, i started pushing the tires more. With the heat and abrasiveness of the track, the tires heat up quick. As i push the car, i noticed they have't squealed as they would have if i were running the EXP 36's with pink inserts. This is a good sign. Shows that i am not over taxing the tires. I pulled them off to see the wear and temp the tires. From left to right, front to rear they read: 147,130,132,129. Left front tires having the highest wear and temp due to the high speed sweeper. Not too bad! Next Run, Sauce with Sweep X3 Tire Sauce.

Run #2: After saucing the EXP 40's with the X3 tire sauce, the tires worked much better. I could come into the turns harder and the initial push i was experiencing was lessened. I could give the car a harder turn in and the tires would just take it. Saucing these 40's definitely wakes these tires up. Temping the tires, from left to right, front to rear they read: 163,139,141,138. Since i was running the tires harder, the temps went up. That, and the tires sauce seemed to soften the rubber to help make the tires perform better. Next Run, Sauce and Tire Warmers.

Run #3: I sauced the EXP 40's with X3 tire sauce and wrap them with blue shop towels and put the tire warmers on. At 80% for 15 minutes, the tires were cooking! I placed the car on the track to see how they did. Instantly, the tires were hooked! It didn't take a couple laps for the tires to kick in at all. Every turn i could take the car with ease and no squeal. Even at super high speed sweepers, the tires just took the turn with the high temps of of the track, the tires did not get over taxed at all. A 36 tire would have certainly brake loose, but not these 40's! Unfortunately i didn't get to temp the tires after i ran due to the body being tucked after i hit a dot, but i think for the hot summer days of racing, EXP 40's are the only way to go.

Final Thoughts: I think it was a smart move for Sweep to produce a 40 based tire. I think it is foolish to expect a 36 to handle all your car needs when you can FINETUNE your ride with a specific grip point, your car will be that much more DIALED! Sweep may be the new kid on the block in the tire wars business, but with the new innovations and constand support they give the racers, SWEEP RACING is a tire company you want to be watching up for in future races. The EXP 40's are a great hot weather tire and is a contender here in Southern Cal's Hot summer weather!

Final Rating out of 5: 4.75! Excellent!
Old 07-30-2010, 01:38 PM
Tech Addict

Great detailed analysis Charlie! Thank you for taking the time to run and post your findings.
Old 07-30-2010, 01:41 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by js058515
Great detailed analysis Charlie! Thank you for taking the time to run and post your findings.
Thanx Jason. I been trying out different tires at CAL especially during the day. Most tires have been overheating when you over drive them so i figured i'd test these out and write about them. Hope to see you at the track soon!
Old 07-30-2010, 03:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Charlie, what temps do you consider over heating, and where should the temps be at?
Old 07-30-2010, 10:23 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by ChadB.
Charlie, what temps do you consider over heating, and where should the temps be at?
Chad, i have not gotten to the car fast enough to take an accurate and precise reading, but between 104* and 108* F is when i notice the 36's start squeeling then eventually, coming loose. Then again, i have had the tires at over 120* and not squeal so it really depends on set up, driving style, track surface, etc. CAL Raceway is very flat but very abrasive so the tires heat up quick there.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.