Wiki Posts
Search

Tekin

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2005, 05:09 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jdwca
Just want to extend a big 'thank you' to Tekin for cosponsoring the Paved On-Road Champs at Jackson R/C last weekend.

Mike and Keith, thank you for attending and contributing to a great time!
Jon,

You are more than welcome and I/we will definitely be back for the second go round and I am glad that we could help sponsor such a really nice event.

Mike
Old 06-19-2005, 06:46 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

My main car has a G10 in it, I just got a 2nd car last week, ran it on the weekend and the only speedie i had was a KO VFS2000, the car just felt so "Flat" im waiting on a reply from the Aussie importer Arcadia, hopefully i can get a 2nd unit in time for this weekend.

The G10 just seems to generate a lot more GRUNT, cant wait to seewhat the G11 has in store for us.
Old 06-29-2005, 12:53 PM
Tech Addict

Sorry if this question was asked before.

Anyone here got the Tekin Discharger DIS-350 ?
Wonder if the new Tekin company can provide service for this piece of equipment.

Thanks for any info.
Old 06-29-2005, 01:02 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Ghostfit

Wonder if the new Tekin company can provide service for this piece of equipment.

Thanks for any info.
Ghostfit,

Tekin has some very talented Engineers that work for them and I would assume just e mail the tech department concerning your problem with your DIS-350 (Great piece of equipment by the way) and I am sure you will receive a very prompt reply.

Just go to www.teamtekin.com

Mike
Old 06-29-2005, 01:16 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Any idea how much longer til the G-11 is going to be out? Wanting a new speedo and thats what I want.
Old 06-29-2005, 01:42 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I talked with Tekin about the dischargers last year. They only got a couple complete units when they bought the company, same with the dyno. Not sure about the discharger, but they have no information for repairing the dyno.
Definitely contact them. Hopefully the dischargers are repairable and they will make another one in the future. I know with their staff they could fix anything, but it's just a matter if they have the information they need on hand verse the cost of learning about the circuitry from scratch.

Take care
John
Old 06-29-2005, 01:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ghostfit

Thanks for any info.
I would contact Tekin I am sure they would support it.

I still use mine and love it for all my matching & cycling needs.
Old 06-29-2005, 02:04 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by wyd
Any idea how much longer til the G-11 is going to be out? Wanting a new speedo and thats what I want.
Brian,

Tekin is in the process of moving to a bigger facility in McCall ID, so just give them a little time and it will be well worth it.

My G11 is super smooth and the ability to adjust the drive freq. is a major tuning aid.

Mike
Old 06-29-2005, 06:08 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Michal101
Ghostfit,

Tekin has some very talented Engineers that work for them and I would assume just e mail the tech department concerning your problem with your DIS-350 (Great piece of equipment by the way) and I am sure you will receive a very prompt reply.

Just go to www.teamtekin.com

Mike
Thanks for the assistance, Michal and everyone else.

There is no doubts in my mind with regards to Tekin Quality, I still have my BC112A, DIS-350, G12, Prostar-412. They were all put aside when the previous Tekin stopped operation.

They are still working after some 8 years since I got them. But lately the DIS-350 seems to shut down (When connected to 12V DC input) and the only way for it to work is to connect a 7.2V battery pack to the discharger's input. ......my guess is that some capacitor inside has passed it's useful life and needs replacing.
Old 06-29-2005, 06:45 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Michal101
Brian,

Tekin is in the process of moving to a bigger facility in McCall ID, so just give them a little time and it will be well worth it.

My G11 is super smooth and the ability to adjust the drive freq. is a major tuning aid.

Mike
Nice. I can't wait to get one.
Old 06-30-2005, 12:14 AM
Tech Elite

Gents!!!! I have a question about my G10. I have run as low as a 10 turn touring motor in my XXXS and JRXS but I will at the end of next month be running some 7 and 8 turn motors. Do I need anything other than just the speedo to be able to run these low turn motors? Diodes? Caps? I have run G-10's for the past 7 yrs mostly offroad and the past 2 yrs in sedan racing but mostly stock and 19 turn. I just don't want any surprises when I strap in a 7 turn mod. Thanks

Brant
Old 06-30-2005, 04:46 AM
Tech Fanatic

Brant,
You won't need anything else but the G-10 speed control. That is the nice thing about them. YOu don't need caps or any of that other garbage. I ran mod last weekend it was 96 degree's outside and I ran 7 and 8 singles all day long with no problems. I know that the test guys at tekin regularly test with 6 singles and have no problems. So you should be fine to let it rip this summer. Hope that helps.
KT
Old 06-30-2005, 04:49 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by kt racing
Brant,
You won't need anything else but the G-10 speed control. That is the nice thing about them. YOu don't need caps or any of that other garbage. I ran mod last weekend it was 96 degree's outside and I ran 7 and 8 singles all day long with no problems. I know that the test guys at tekin regularly test with 6 singles and have no problems. So you should be fine to let it rip this summer. Hope that helps.
KT
Thank You Sir!!!!

Brant
Old 06-30-2005, 07:10 AM
Tech Fanatic

No Problem! You can also check out the Tekin Forms as well for all kinds of additional info on tekin equipment. www.teamtekin.com.
KT
Old 06-30-2005, 08:42 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Any word on the Drive/Brake Frequencys for the G11?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.