Search

Schumacher Corner

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2007, 09:23 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by yokemad
Hi dudes
On medium grip carpet is that better to use front only anti-roll bars or both front and rear at the same time?
thanx
Like Randy said, its all in your set up. And also in your driving style. I usually run sway bars front and rear on all my cars, especially on carpet. But, I was just running on medium grip carpet and didn't use any sway bars at all (as per the standard carpet setup) and it worked really well.
Old 10-09-2007, 09:24 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I agree, the grey shirt better.
Old 10-09-2007, 09:26 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I've personally never run swaybars on foam carpet. Unless I put a swaybar on the front to take away alittle traction.
Old 10-09-2007, 09:59 AM
Tech Master

sorry it's for rubber tyres...
I feel like more upwards rear shocks gives more stable,more grippier rear end but people always says more inwards much softer=more grip I don't know what's wrong with me???
I will try Kev's vegas setup tis week let's wait and see whays gonna happen tomorrow ...
Old 10-09-2007, 10:13 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Standing the shocks up with add steering and make the car react faster.
Leaning the shocks in will soften the cars reaction and add grip.

Thats on the towers though. Bringing the shocks in on the arm will soften the suspension. You can get alittle more steering all-around by moving the front shock bottoms in one hole.
Old 10-09-2007, 07:16 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Big Features
Standing the shocks up with add steering and make the car react faster.
Leaning the shocks in will soften the cars reaction and add grip.

Thats on the towers though. Bringing the shocks in on the arm will soften the suspension. You can get alittle more steering all-around by moving the front shock bottoms in one hole.
BF -To the untrained ear, it sounds like your a claiming that both standing the shocks up and laying them down adds grip ("standing the shocks up will add steering" & "Leaning the shocks in will soften the cars reaction and add grip"). I think that it may be better explained that with standing your shocks up you will limit how quickly your car transfers weight laterally (left to right). Thus when moving through a shikane, the car is able to change directions quickly as full lateral transfer has probably not occurred. Which is good because the more weight that is moved in one direction, the harder it is to change directions. Inversely, when your shocks are laid inwards, the quicker weight is shifted to either side of the car. Therefore, moving through the sweeper for example the car will gravitate away from the turn more. Playing with shock angle at either end of the car will help the car transfer more or less weight laterally on that end of the car.

Stay away from trying to explain it in terms of more or less grip as it could be confusing.

My 2 cents.
Old 10-09-2007, 11:40 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

I'm buying a MI3 to run stock rubber and 19t rubber with to replace my used MI2EC. None of the tracks here carry parts but I don't feel like being a sheep and running what everyone else has. So what spare parts or aftermarket stuff should I get from the get go before assembling my new kit? I want to only have to build this once the right way. I plan on running a brushless setup probably novak. So any help on what to buy before I build and what to stock for races would be great help thanks.
Old 10-10-2007, 12:30 AM
Tech Initiate

Just a quick question.

All the time ive been racing ive never ran any roll bars.

Over the last year or so more and more people seem to be running them. Obviously they stop the car rolling as much and i imagine that takes some grip away.

So my question is why would you want to put them on ? How would it change the car ? Do you think its worth a try ?

Some people seem to run them outside on tarmac when i always seem to be trying to get more grip but by fitting them they are taking it away so im a little confused ?
Old 10-10-2007, 02:37 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ManiacMagoo
I'm buying a MI3 to run stock rubber and 19t rubber with to replace my used MI2EC. None of the tracks here carry parts but I don't feel like being a sheep and running what everyone else has. So what spare parts or aftermarket stuff should I get from the get go before assembling my new kit? I want to only have to build this once the right way. I plan on running a brushless setup probably novak. So any help on what to buy before I build and what to stock for races would be great help thanks.
Extra blades, rear A-arms (they really dont like backwards collisions), rear hingepins (backwards collisions likewise), spur gear and an assortment of washers. Thats about it. Oh yeah, and the spring set unless you already have something like the Associated.
Make sure to use threadlock, most people say you dont have to, but my experience tells me that you do. Especially on the long screw that holds the spur gear assembly in place. The spur gear will be chewed up if that happends (happened to me this weekend).
Old 10-10-2007, 03:12 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I recomend a top deck...the stiff one maybe...any shunt in the rear can break the origional top deck
Old 10-10-2007, 03:34 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

You can't just brake a top deck. In all my years of racing, I've only seen one broken top deck and that was with a car landing on it's side on the straight and then get nailed in the roof at 60mph.

Btw, if you run rubber tires, try the flex deck, I haven't tried it, but a friend of mine has and it dialed the car out. Mine is dialed with the standard deck, but I'll try the flex one very soon.
Old 10-10-2007, 04:24 AM
Tech Master

some people says flex top deck Causes the tweak..
Old 10-10-2007, 05:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by yokemad
some people says flex top deck Causes the tweak..
I had facing tweak on every run.had to untweak the car everytime after run.i'm using flex top deck.
Old 10-10-2007, 05:10 AM
Tech Master

There we go
But if You need extra extra grip worth to try...
Old 10-10-2007, 09:31 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default Top deck...

Originally Posted by Jan Larsen
You can't just brake a top deck. In all my years of racing, I've only seen one broken top deck and that was with a car landing on it's side on the straight and then get nailed in the roof at 60mph.
My top deck broke two weekends ago without being hit by another car. It was the flex one that comes with the kit. I caught the inside of a turn and broke the C-hub, arm, bent the CVD, and broke the top deck in half. So now you know about two.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.