Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LRP SXX StockSpec ESC

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2010, 12:35 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 83 (100%+)

Hey I was wondering if I could get a round about set up for 1/12th scale 13.5 (with boost) Thanks in advance MK3 version speedo with a novak 13.5 motor silver can
Old 12-31-2010, 02:06 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rustong
I too have been emailing AE the past two days saying that I've heard on RC Tech of an update for the SXXSS and (Chris Jarosz) tells me that "No one on RC Tech has received an update because we have no update".
Well, Johnny Wishbone and I were told different at IIC. At least the two of us got our ESC's updated with two different things. One was an update to allow us to use the USB thing in the future, and another one was to fix the firmware issues causing motors to cog. For me, at least, it seemed to fix the cogging issue, but I never really tested it thoroughly. I don't understand why AE would change its position on this since they were encouraging people to get them updated at IIC. I'm guessing it's probably some kind of misunderstanding. I'm sure Sean or someone will pop in and clear things up.
Old 12-31-2010, 02:25 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by syndr0me
Well, Johnny Wishbone and I were told different at IIC. At least the two of us got our ESC's updated with two different things. One was an update to allow us to use the USB thing in the future, and another one was to fix the firmware issues causing motors to cog. For me, at least, it seemed to fix the cogging issue, but I never really tested it thoroughly. I don't understand why AE would change its position on this since they were encouraging people to get them updated at IIC. I'm guessing it's probably some kind of misunderstanding. I'm sure Sean or someone will pop in and clear things up.
Originally Posted by rustong
I too have been emailing AE the past two days saying that I've heard on RC Tech of an update for the SXXSS and (Chris Jarosz) tells me that "No one on RC Tech has received an update because we have no update".
Yes Chris Jarosz is the dude I have been talking to, I have sent him an email with the name Sean to talk to. I'll post any feedback I get from Chris in the next few days.
Old 01-03-2011, 08:49 AM
Tech Master

To everyone:

I have been talking to Sean every time someone sends an email about this "update" and he tells me the same thing every time, there is no new update. If and when something becomes available we will make an announcement about it.
Old 01-03-2011, 09:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Recently, LRP has been a disappointment. Not that there's no new update to be expected but their product reliability is really questionable!

Two friends of mine has got their SXX TC v2 smoked! One was while running his 5th pack on the new speedo while the other just got it set on the bench! For no reason, the speedo just gives way. The same thing happens to my Nosram SS; lifespan: Less than half a pack!

While I had a fair share with their service. They initially agreed to send replacement for my faulty ESCs so I gathered some of the boys' unit together since the shipment ain't cheap, since I'm sending it from Asia back to Germany.

LRP were ok with the arrangement but when they got the faulties back at their factory, they asked for warranty cards. Due to some issues, the warranty cards were emailed to them at a later date.... Heck, 2 months later I asked them about the status, they told me to refer to the local distributor... saying that I should have send it to the distributor instead....

So after more than 8mths and couple of emails, still nothing from their end... Bought their 1st batch Pulsar Touch charger but no +- wire & balancing wire with it... But latest batch comes with it!

It seems funny how LRP reward their loyal customers!
Old 01-03-2011, 10:12 AM
Tech Lord

I dunno, then, maybe something changed since IIC. I'll STFU about it and let AE and LRP handle it the way they'd like.
Old 01-03-2011, 10:53 AM
Tech Adept

My LRP still runs but it isn't as fast any more as it was. the speedo is slowing down.
I don't run it my self any more but I tried it last time because the one that uses it now found it harder to keep up.

I have seen a lot of lrp's burn out or just stop running.
As my speedo stops running, I only trow it in the trash can. The serves is the worst I have ever seen.
Had to wait 6 weeks till I got mine back and they asked money for a speedo that was ad that time when I sent it to them a week old.

Now it is slowing down and I'm not the only one with that problem.
Here you see more and more drivers switch to other speedo's.

I switched to GM when I had to wait and after I got it back, I used it 1 time but it was slower than my GM.
Now i run Tekin. My GM is still fast and it is used by an other driver.
I get it back next week.

There was in the beginning 99% of LRP drivers ad my club. Now there is 30% still running the speedo. not even 1 has still the speedo they bought new. All are replaced.
Every body here loves how it drives but LRP must do something about there service and quality as they want to sell there speedo's.

|
Old 01-03-2011, 11:16 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Nothing but good service here, if you have issues with them call customer service in your area, they always do their best to work with you in my experience.

Seen my fair share of MM, Tekins, LRPs, and a whole bunch of novaks go belly up, thats the nature of our hobby we push all the electronics to the max and every now and then they have issues, will happen in every form of racing you do.
Old 01-04-2011, 09:09 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Yah pretty disapointed with a new lrp sxx tc v2 i just bought put in showed upto the track next morning for racing only to have it cog bad.
i was advised by the team assoc crew on hand that i have to send it in,really brand new and take it back out be without it for prob a month,its the version 2 and still has problems like the version 1 software problems.
I dont get it lrp use to be bullet proof in my eyes anyways..hmm.

sean cochran is usually at west cst and is usually very helpfull hopeing i can catch him there soon and maybe he can help.?
Old 01-05-2011, 10:40 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 83 (100%+)

Can anybody give me advice here? Thanks

Originally Posted by Rdog
Hey I was wondering if I could get a round about set up for 1/12th scale 13.5 (with boost) Thanks in advance MK3 version speedo with a novak 13.5 motor silver can
Old 01-05-2011, 12:42 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rdog
Can anybody give me advice here? Thanks
Never ran it with a Novak, but with an LRP X12 13.5 this is what worked well on a tight indoor carpet track.

1-5-8(9)-0
52 roll
-10deg timing, so like 0 deg for other brands.

If it's under-geared the motor will get hot, a tooth or 2 up and it cools down and runs consistent for 8 mins.
Compared to the Tekin it's at least 5mm lower in roll.
The LRP likes rpm, check temps after any adjustments.
Old 01-05-2011, 03:23 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BISBEE 248
Yah pretty disapointed with a new lrp sxx tc v2 i just bought put in showed upto the track next morning for racing only to have it cog bad.
i was advised by the team assoc crew on hand that i have to send it in,really brand new and take it back out be without it for prob a month,its the version 2 and still has problems like the version 1 software problems.
I dont get it lrp use to be bullet proof in my eyes anyways..hmm.

sean cochran is usually at west cst and is usually very helpfull hopeing i can catch him there soon and maybe he can help.?
Try checking the sensor cable connection to the esc. Use a hex screwdriver to push the sensor connector into the esc pin connection so that it is firmly fasten into the esc.

And try to use a longer sensor cable. The connections are ultra sensitive, a tiny bit of sensor being dislodge from the sensor connection, the whole system will cogs.

That is what I did and it works for me. Running smooth no problem.
Old 01-10-2011, 07:27 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

EDIT= whoops.. i just notices this is SXX thread- not SPX.. ah well.. maybe you guys can help..

Okay-- Just getting back into racing.

I have the SPX which I bought in late 2009.

IS this a speedcontrol with boost/timing or not? I was under the impression it was.

I ran Touring yesterday for the first time since 2009 and was yarded everywhere on the track by the Tekin powered cars.

I was in profile 7 or 8.. and started out between 6-7 for FDR. I ended up around 5.4 at the end of the day and was finally starting to feel closer in speed to the other cars.

this is 17.5 rubber..

advice would be appreciated!

KB
Old 01-10-2011, 08:52 AM
Tech Lord

SPX had a little bit of timing, but not the the dynamic stuff (or whatever) that Tekin has. It was such a difference, the classes were changed around it. Unfortunately, the SPX's day is done. It can't even be used legally in "spec" mode 'cause it doesn't have the blinky lights. Maybe put the heatsink on it and turn it into a mod ESC. :-\
Old 01-10-2011, 09:09 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

always awesome news
thanks man. Thanks for ruining my day....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.