Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LRP SXX StockSpec ESC

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2010, 03:51 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Joey4875
They were told to stop selling them down at Snowbirds this past weekend. He had about ten left when I tried to buy one.
I bought 1 at SB, but wasn't aware they they were told to stop selling them, if this was the case, why wasn't we told about this. I found it cogging out onto the straight really bad, and cudnt sort it all the meeting, I feel duped now
Malc

Last edited by TheCoolCanFanMan; 02-16-2010 at 04:16 PM.
Old 02-16-2010, 03:57 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

I'm guessing they weren't told that because they sold them after the Snowbirds (what was left over).
Old 02-16-2010, 04:03 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by or8ital
I'm guessing they weren't told that because they sold them after the Snowbirds (what was left over).
I am guessing they did, I was trying to buy one they had plenty he said they were having problem and they were told not to sell anymore
Old 02-16-2010, 04:10 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Stein Tumert
To explain the differences and the slight stutter when testing on the bench...

First of all it's not recommended with any brushless speedo and/or motor to let it rev that high at no load on the bench. I know this is popular and common but it clearly is not good for your equipment.
Luckily we still don't race on bench either but on track...

Anyhow, some guys discovered small stuttering not only on bench but also on track, while other guys were/are completely satisfied. As we prefer to make all our customers happy of course we worked on a further software update after Snowbirds race, which is ready since last week.
So all the speedos shipped since end of last week are the most recent software, which we call "MkII" which solves the stuttering completely. So if you didn't receive your speedo yet, it's very likely you'll get "MkII" already as not many with 1st batch software had been shipped/sold anyway.

Now you'll certainly ask yourself, how do I know which software version I got? This is quite easy, please proceed as following:
- with everything installed (motor must be connected properly!) and set-up to your radio.
- turn on speed-control and listen to the initial beeping.
- with "MkII" software: you hear two short beeps
- with 1st batch software: you hear no beeps at all.

If you got 1st batch software and would like to get it updated, please speak either to your countries LRP distributor (in USA it's Associated) or you can also contact me directly at LRP in Germany. We're able to do a firmware update but the speed-control needs to be sent in for the update so far as no update on your end is possible at this stage.

I hope this clarifies things for you guys.
Clearly the MkII solves everything but I would like to repeat that many guys also had no issues whatsoever with 1st batch software.

While I appreciate what you are saying about getting the software updated, who is going to pay for the shipping, forth and back, as I bought mine at the Snowbirds, and live in the UK. Please advise.
Regards Malc
Old 02-16-2010, 04:23 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Joey4875
I am guessing they did, I was trying to buy one they had plenty he said they were having problem and they were told not to sell anymore
Then they didn't follow the advice because I had one in hand this weekend before sending to Associated. Assuming "they" is Superior Hobbies.
Old 02-16-2010, 06:20 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by or8ital
Then they didn't follow the advice because I had one in hand this weekend before sending to Associated. Assuming "they" is Superior Hobbies.
No it was GS hobby that was at Snowbirds Superior Hobbies is a local hobby shop right down the street from the hotel
Old 02-17-2010, 01:45 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

While I appreciate what you are saying about getting the software updated, who is going to pay for the shipping, forth and back, as I bought mine at the Snowbirds, and live in the UK. Please advise.
Regards Malc
Old 02-17-2010, 04:04 AM
Tech Rookie

Has anyone tried this new esc with 10.5 motor against the tekin and gm boys? Is it on par or quicker than them?

thanks Ben
Old 02-17-2010, 04:26 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by youngben
Has anyone tried this new esc with 10.5 motor against the tekin and gm boys? Is it on par or quicker than them?

thanks Ben
Definately quicker, but also hotter! Keeping the motor cool is an issue - have to get that fan out again!
Old 02-17-2010, 05:42 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by mutley001
Definately quicker, but also hotter! Keeping the motor cool is an issue - have to get that fan out again!
Ok thanks, minght look in to getting one
Old 02-17-2010, 06:16 AM
Tech Regular

Hy there!

Hs anyone expect of me a slightly stuttering with the power programm on?
Is it an issue at the track, or does it not matter anyway?

Have anybody experience with it?

Greetings Blueman
Old 02-17-2010, 08:49 AM
V12
Tech Elite

Look one page back at some comments from Burito/LRP. It seems there had been a small problem with some units from the first batch.
Old 02-17-2010, 09:57 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by TheCoolCanFanMan
Regards Malc
me and a few others who got them from the snowbirds contacted LRP germany they are happy for you to send them in to them instead of back to the states to get new firmware but you have to pay for the shipping . havent got round to sending mine yet but its sad times all the same.
Old 02-17-2010, 11:38 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Burney
me and a few others who got them from the snowbirds contacted LRP germany they are happy for you to send them in to them instead of back to the states to get new firmware but you have to pay for the shipping . havent got round to sending mine yet but its sad times all the same.
Why should we pay for the shipping, its a faulty product, and LRP admit it. I will try it in my 2nd car, and if I have the problem, I will sell it on Ebay quoting that it may be one of the faulty batch NOT HAPPY
Malc
Old 02-17-2010, 10:55 PM
Tech Addict

Calm down guys, no need to get upset. We do our best to handle this in the fastest way with as little effort for you as possible. Also please remember that this is not a problem for everyone as many guys are happy with software they got with 1st batch and we have been winning many races with that software as well (Hupo 2 wins at Snowbirds, Stocker at DHI Cup, Wohlgemuth at ETS Czech, etc etc).

I can only speak for speedos that are handled in Germany, but we will of course cover the return shipment to you (from LRP in Germany back to you) if you got 1st batch speedo and need/want update to "MkII".

For handling in USA, please speak to Associated directly.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.