Search

The BEST Touring Car

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2002, 09:36 AM
Regional Moderator

i see rcboy made it to the r/c tech forum
Old 03-12-2002, 01:31 PM
Tech Master

the bottum line is if a driver wins a world championship then they are put in a class by themself with only other drivers that have won a worlds. you cant say a driver is just as good as a world champion when that driver hasnt won one.....racing against the competition that is at a worlds, under worlds pressure is the ultimate test off a driver. if a driver hasent won under those conditions then you cant put him in that class with guys that have.

it may not be 90%, but there are many more North Americans that have done this than drivers from any other place on this planet.

Im a better judge of this than you people on this forum...
why, because I raced in 89, in Las Vegas at the onroad worlds; and the 91 onroad worlds at the Ranch in Pamona, Cali......
I was way back in the field, but I was there....and you were not
Old 03-12-2002, 03:49 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally posted by dtm

The 'revolutionary' part of the Xray diff is the way it is sealed against dust getting into the balls...short of using a fully enclosed gearbox no other car has this feature! The external adjustable part is just a bonus!
Schumacher diff's have always been this way. They have a clip on sheild that blocks out dirt and is externally adjusted.
Old 03-12-2002, 05:43 PM
Tech Elite

Just becuase a car has the best drivers behind it does not mean it is the best car.
Old 03-12-2002, 05:44 PM
Tech Elite

Besides, give and of the top cars to any of the world champs you listed and they will do just fine with it.
Old 03-12-2002, 06:15 PM
AO
Tech Addict

Originally posted by Speedo
Besides, give and of the top cars to any of the world champs you listed and they will do just fine with it.
That i totally disagree. If you give atsushi hara a hyper 10 or rosso or a tl 01.
Old 03-12-2002, 06:34 PM
Tech Elite

I believe I said top cars, meaning XXXS, kyoshio, yokomo, corally, TAC, tamiya 414M etc.
Old 03-12-2002, 06:49 PM
Tech Master

exactly, Hara wont win squat as long as he is running that HPI crap!!!!
Old 03-12-2002, 06:56 PM
Tech Apprentice

Practice is the best thing I ever got.
Old 03-12-2002, 09:47 PM
dtm
Tech Champion

Originally posted by IMPACTPLAYR
DTM: actually those "revolutionary" dust sheilds have been around for some time. Kimborough (no not Kinwald...LOL) has been manufacturing them for years for pan car diffs.

Also Losi, traxxas, and probably several other cars have externally adjustable diffs, Heck Losi has had those diffs since at least the XX was designed...
Thanks for correcting me.....as you can see I'm not much of a pan car man!
Old 03-12-2002, 09:51 PM
dtm
Tech Champion

Originally posted by BLAZN420
....................Im a better judge of this than you people on this forum...
why, because I raced in 89, in Las Vegas at the onroad worlds; and the 91 onroad worlds at the Ranch in Pamona, Cali......
I was way back in the field, but I was there....and you were not
A little presumptuous to consider yourself as the SOURCE of information on this one!!!!!!!

Why do you waste your time with idiots like us on this forum then??????
Old 03-12-2002, 09:54 PM
dtm
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Kevin K

Schumacher diff's have always been this way. They have a clip on sheild that blocks out dirt and is externally adjusted.
Or a Schumacher man!!!
Old 03-12-2002, 10:58 PM
Tech Regular

Default BLAZN420

hey!!! it is understandable for us to see why you made it to the worlds back then...it is because speeds then were a lot slower than it is now.

you may be better than most regular r/c guys here but there are also a hell lot of better guys above you. if not, you would have been in the worlds up to now!!!!

so now you are telling me it is not 90%. what is it then?? 70%?? 50%?? seems that aside from english, you did not do good in math either!!!!

it is not where you were from, it is where you are AT!!!
Old 03-12-2002, 11:10 PM
Tech Regular

You guys are all wrong. The fastest touring car is any touring car I drive! just kidding!
Old 03-13-2002, 06:13 AM
Tech Elite

As for the reason why their seems to be more US drivers at the top, bear this in mind.

the USA has a population around 350 million (correct me if I'm wrong), japan around 120, UK around 60 etc.

So, just by the law of averages, the USA is likely to have three times more top drivers than japan, and six times as many as the UK.

This is borne out if you look at the various lists above.

Also, the US racing scene seems to be the most developed - apparently, dyno's and comm lathes are commonplace among the stock racers, whereas over here they are still the exception, and you seem to have a number of professional tracks, whereas over here it's still run on a club basis.

The first world champs were held in the USA, and the USA has the most competition oriented manufacturers.

Nevertheless, the best R/C driver ever, without a doubt, is Masami Hirosaka (of Japan), and the last two world champions in the premier r/c class (electric touring), were Spashett (England) and Hara (Japan).

So I don't think it's in American gene's to be better than johnny foreigner.

In response, I could mention the record of American Drivers in full-size single seater racing across the world (Indycars, Formula 1).

But I won't.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.