Community
Wiki Posts
Search

XRAY XII LINK

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2011, 03:22 PM
Tech Regular

I have had the AE RC1212r5 and 5.1 and have now moved over to Xray for the 12th. To look at there is very little difference in the two kits just shape of parts but layout is nearly the same. Too be honest back to back I would say they also drive the same IMO. I like the T3 so thought I would stick with Xray for my 12th I also think the X11 is better quality and goes together well.
Old 01-05-2011, 03:37 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)
Smile

i run a crc and a x ray link ll, and it really took alot of other parts to dial my link in,like a hotbodies center shock, ae springs all the way around,team tamales parts and a crc rear axel....although i will say its a good car it is basically a classy version of ae12r5.1..as for my crcxl well its just plain out fast and reliable,holds a setup real well and i can keep up with the fast guys...hopefully x ray gets a few things together with the link because i hate having to order parts from three other companies to keep one car going....just my opinion though...i mean i run a tcx and use a lot of tamiya parts...go figure...
Old 01-08-2011, 09:59 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by team_tamale
Just finished up a run of rear bulkheads for this car. They feature a lowered motor position, 1mm raised rear shock position, and will use the standard Associated, IRS, or CRC ride height adjustment pills. We tested these on our local carpet track which is probably medium grip at the moment with 13.5 and this configuration seemed to make the car better. We have also been testing a conversion to dampening tubes to replace the center shock. This does seem to change the feel and handling of he car from the center shock.
This is not in production at this time. If anyone is interested in this, pm or email me and I will gage the interest in this to see if it is viable to produce and what the price would have to be.

[email protected]
teamtamale.com
Larry
I ran the new Blocks and dampening tube conversion today. As alway TeamTamale stuff is top notch. It was nice to be able to change the dampening in the car alot faster then rebuilding the side shock. The car felt more stable thruout the run also. Body mounts in the same place as the old crossbar so no need for new holes or body. Plus I can use all my old IRS rear pills for ride hight.
Old 01-08-2011, 10:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Yeah, Larry does great work. The new blocks are on Chris' car and it helps that we can use other pills. The XII Link is a great kit, the fastest 12th car at our track.
Old 04-18-2011, 09:34 PM
mok
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

i'm only just starting to play with this kit, but so far i've managed to smash our track records for lap time and # laps all with a setup straight from the box..

that being said, it could always be better.. so i have a couple questions..

what track widths front and rear are people running?
what reactive and static caster?

-Mark
Old 07-18-2011, 10:17 PM
Tech Apprentice

ok so i have an opportunity to purchase 2 of these for 200 smackers but im havnt second thoughts cause it seems that this thread is dead and is left off with no solution about getting this thing running right. has the dragon been slayed? or is it still up in the air
Old 07-18-2011, 10:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

You need to check out the SpeedMerchant upgrade for the car. It transforms this car. Many of the team drivers will be sporting the SM conversion at the Nats.
Old 07-19-2011, 05:05 AM
mok
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by theisgroup
You need to check out the SpeedMerchant upgrade for the car. It transforms this car. Many of the team drivers will be sporting the SM conversion at the Nats.
i was looking at that kit yesterday i'm very tempted
Old 07-23-2011, 08:50 AM
Tech Apprentice

so basically dont get the xray kit unless you get the speed merchant kit along with it? whats the difference between the speed merchant kit and the other stableizer tube style chassis besides the 10th scale style battery layout?
Old 07-23-2011, 10:03 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)

speed merchant kit will help a lot...but i do see some fast guys running the staright outta the box version...ive driven both and i am personally faster with the conversion
Old 07-23-2011, 05:12 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jdick
so basically dont get the xray kit unless you get the speed merchant kit along with it? whats the difference between the speed merchant kit and the other stableizer tube style chassis besides the 10th scale style battery layout?
Originally Posted by artoftatt2
speed merchant kit will help a lot...but i do see some fast guys running the staright outta the box version...ive driven both and i am personally faster with the conversion
the car runs fine out of the box. for club racing I did place 3rd this year at the carpet nats but I did put the team tamale tubes on th e car. just putting tubes help the car a lot. with a lot of testing with the side to side shock I fenlt like I could never get enough damping in the car. the size of the shock I feel is not enough there to get the damping we need. I did get up to 90wt oil in the the shock till the car started to work. with tubes it a lot more constent.
Old 07-23-2011, 09:49 PM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jdick
ok so i have an opportunity to purchase 2 of these for 200 smackers but im havnt second thoughts cause it seems that this thread is dead and is left off with no solution about getting this thing running right. has the dragon been slayed? or is it still up in the air

Whos cars? Are they local in victoria or online?

Everyone on the lowermainland has had good success with the kit out of the box, including me. I was at your local track for a club race before speedweekend carpet race in Jan. I tqed and won your club race and qualified 2nd in speedweekend finishing 3rd. That was my 1st weekend on thr car. A month later with bit more time on the chassis i tqed and won our race in abbotsford @ 360. Some of the best drivers in western Cananda were there including Blake and Craig from victoria, the same two who beat me the month before in Victoria. I am super happy with the car but with that said, i am wanting to test the new SM layout..why? Because it is the nature of the hobby..that is what makes it fun.

I am sure you will be happy with the quality and performance XRAY offers...give them a try and see what you find.
Old 07-24-2011, 12:58 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Korgae
Whos cars? Are they local in victoria or online?

Everyone on the lowermainland has had good success with the kit out of the box, including me. I was at your local track for a club race before speedweekend carpet race in Jan. I tqed and won your club race and qualified 2nd in speedweekend finishing 3rd. That was my 1st weekend on thr car. A month later with bit more time on the chassis i tqed and won our race in abbotsford @ 360. Some of the best drivers in western Cananda were there including Blake and Craig from victoria, the same two who beat me the month before in Victoria. I am super happy with the car but with that said, i am wanting to test the new SM layout..why? Because it is the nature of the hobby..that is what makes it fun.

I am sure you will be happy with the quality and performance XRAY offers...give them a try and see what you find.
yeah i remember that race. it was nice to see some new guys out for that race. but the kits are my lhs owners. but im sure you know who that is
Old 10-24-2011, 02:31 PM
Tech Regular

Default Which tyres

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
Extra front end springs, side springs, steering blocks and front arms. I have only broken a steering block on my car in a year of racing/testing. But those are some that are safe to keep.

For tires in stock Lilac/Yellow or Black/Yellows are easy to drive and work well at most tracks. If its really low bite then maybe pink rears and magenta fronts.

EA
Could you point these tires all out in shore please?
Thanks.
Old 10-24-2011, 02:37 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kensei
Could you point these tires all out in shore please?
Thanks.
Tire shore ratings, and tons of 12th scale info HERE

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.